Next Manager

kfc_superteam

From the San Siro to Rugby Park.

That's the route that a McBookie punter wants Gennaro Gattuso to take after requesting odds for him to take the manager's job at Kilmarnock.

The former Rangers and AC Milan midfielder has managed at the likes of Milan, Palermo and Sion.

And McBookie were shocked to receive a request for his price to Rugby Park.

They tweeted: "Normally we would think someone was taking the Michael Fish with the request, but with some of the names being quoted perhaps not.

"Rino Gattuso added at 16/1 for the Kilmarnock job."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-ac-milan-star-16218367

17 hours ago, Doonhamer said:

Don’t be ridiculous. 

Have his current employer given permission for us to speak to him?

Of course they haven’t. If our board have spoken to him it’s an illegal approach and I would doubt that BB or any other board members would be so naive.

Tell you what, ask him next time you see him nicking about eh. Why exactly would I just make that up? It's not exactly the kind of amazing revelation that'll make my dobber grow 5 extra inches is it. Jesus, everyone's the master of the realm on the internet eh.

49 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Why do people make up these rumours, weird lot

they come from the "ive been told" tribe, always privvy to secret info, they like to say just enough to suggest they know something we dont but can never back it up.  Ocassionaly they get it right and they get the chance to post the old "told you so"

giphy.gif

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81

4 hours ago, skygod said:

From the San Siro to Rugby Park.

That's the route that a McBookie punter wants Gennaro Gattuso to take after requesting odds for him to take the manager's job at Kilmarnock.

The former Rangers and AC Milan midfielder has managed at the likes of Milan, Palermo and Sion.

And McBookie were shocked to receive a request for his price to Rugby Park.

They tweeted: "Normally we would think someone was taking the Michael Fish with the request, but with some of the names being quoted perhaps not.

"Rino Gattuso added at 16/1 for the Kilmarnock job."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-ac-milan-star-16218367

Quick, easy publicity for McBookie here.

Utter s**t.

1 hour ago, NorfolkG said:

Jocky Scott’s son. I think his brother Barry is a manager too.

A Sunday amateurs team's manager has been quoted in the Kilmarnock next manager betting odds.

McBookie have priced up Callum Scott, who manages the town's Grange Amateurs, and installed him as a 100/1 shot to replace Steve Clarke.

At just 23, lifelong Killie fan Callum was delighted that his pals had managed to link his name with the job.

He led Grange to a league and cup double this season, and he has jokingly ruled himself out of the Rugby Park gig.

He laughed: "I’m honoured to be linked with the current vacancy at Kilmarnock, and it’s no secret I’m a Killie fan.

"Of course, one day I would love to give it a go but at this moment in time my work at Grange Amateurs is far from done.

"We have just won the title and gained promotion to Division One, as well as won the Wayne Bannerman Trophy a few weeks ago. I look forward to building on that in the coming season and establishing the club in the top flight.

"I’m sure Billy Bowie and the Killie board will appoint the right man and lead the club to further success. Maybe one day I’ll be there!"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bookies-hilariously-price-up-sunday-16226348.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiK_Mq_vsPiAhW1ShUIHZH9CHMQiJQBMAJ6BAgIEAg&usg=AOvVaw2MfrN79n0IB4wOzjeHZ0pK&ampcf=1

22 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

I think I'm right in saying interviews next 2 days....

I think the quote was that the board would be considering applications today with a view to setting up two days of interviews, so I wouldn't bet on an announcement tomorrow.