Next Manager

kfc_superteam

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Angelo Alessio is the name with the shortest odds on any betting site I can find (which means next to hee haw when it comes to football manager appointments)  But not a whisper on mainstream meeja or gossip sites.

Also absolutely nothing about any sort of forthcoming KFC news conference.

Odd

The KFC in Kilmarnock are doing a 2 for 1 on the boneless banquet bucket.

1 hour ago, Battlecat said:

Suggesting Lee Hodson and Karleigh Osbourne are of similar ability.  Silly stuff.  You clearly didn't see Hodson with us.

Lee Hodson was a perfectly adequate Premiership right-back. He's not in the same ballpark as SOD e.g. Neither he nor Osbourne would get anywhere near our team now. Point was simply that the level of player Alessio is likely to want is > than that of Lee Clark or Gary Locke.

6 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Lee Hodson was a perfectly adequate Premiership right-back. He's not in the same ballpark as SOD e.g. Neither he nor Osbourne would get anywhere near our team now. Point was simply that the level of player Alessio is likely to want is > than that of Lee Clark or Gary Locke.

I just find it strange that you pick on one of the very few players who had a degree of competency in a struggling team.  You could have mentioned dozens before Hodson.  Why not mention Locke signing Gary Dicker or Clark loan signing Freddie Woodman?

1 minute ago, Battlecat said:

I just find it strange that you pick on one of the very few players who had a degree of competency in a struggling team.  You could have mentioned dozens before Hodson.  Why not mention Locke signing Gary Dicker or Clark loan signing Freddie Woodman?

It was just the first name that came to my head, no need to look further into it.

1 hour ago, Killiegram said:

Im thinking:

”ah-less-e-o” to the tune of D.I.S.C.O

and when we’re pumping the huns again:

que sera sera

he came here from italy

to fight for the killie

ah-ah-lessio

Got to be The Piranhas doesn't it? 

Ang-elo, aless-io, Ang-elo, aless-io... 

The squirrel has gone out on a limb on this. He fails to appreciate Jordan jones ability but otherwise I’m with most of his posts. Others were involved in giving this major exclusive. Great to get a heads up. But they are putting their reputations on the line. He must have not only been offered but surely accepted.....

2 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Talking about it on sportsound. Apart from the betting they have no idea that Alessio has been offered it. They have mentioned that if it is Alessio then its a gamble as he doesn't know the league. Gary Holt and John Hughes  on the show not been approached so definitely not them 

Sorry Norfolk. Know you’re heart set on yogi.

Former Kilmarnock goalkeeper Cammy Bell expects the club to choose a Scottish manager over a foreign option to replace Steve Clarke.

Italian Angelo Alessio, who was Antonio Conte's assistant boss at Siena, Juventus, Italy and Chelsea, is current favourite for the vacant post.

Kilmarnock confirmed they have spoken to candidates and hope to make an announcement early next week.

"I think they'll go down the Scottish manager route," Bell told BBC Scotland.

"Somebody who knows the market, the club and the league."

Clarke left Rugby Park for the Scotland job at the end of the season after steering the club to third, their highest top-flight finish since 1966, and a place in Europe.

Bell, 32, made more than 100 appearances for Kilmarnock where he started his career and is now a free agent after leaving Partick Thistle. He says keeping Alex Dyer in place as assistant manager at Rugby Park points to the club seeking continuity. 

"I don't think they need to change the style of play," he added. "They've been successful with that style, Steve Clarke had them so well drilled they just need someone to come in and steady the ship."

10 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

Former Kilmarnock goalkeeper Cammy Bell expects the club to choose a Scottish manager over a foreign option to replace Steve Clarke.

Italian Angelo Alessio, who was Antonio Conte's assistant boss at Siena, Juventus, Italy and Chelsea, is current favourite for the vacant post.

Kilmarnock confirmed they have spoken to candidates and hope to make an announcement early next week.

"I think they'll go down the Scottish manager route," Bell told BBC Scotland.

"Somebody who knows the market, the club and the league."

Clarke left Rugby Park for the Scotland job at the end of the season after steering the club to third, their highest top-flight finish since 1966, and a place in Europe.

Bell, 32, made more than 100 appearances for Kilmarnock where he started his career and is now a free agent after leaving Partick Thistle. He says keeping Alex Dyer in place as assistant manager at Rugby Park points to the club seeking continuity. 

"I don't think they need to change the style of play," he added. "They've been successful with that style, Steve Clarke had them so well drilled they just need someone to come in and steady the ship."

Thanks Cammy, but given your career choices since leaving Killie (twice) your opinion isn't very valid. 

2 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Talking about it on sportsound. Apart from the betting they have no idea that Alessio has been offered it. They have mentioned that if it is Alessio then its a gamble as he doesn't know the league. Gary Holt and John Hughes  on the show not been approached so definitely not them 

The "knows the league" chat on Sportsound always frustrates me. Rodgers didn't know the league. Neither did Gerard. Or Robinson. Or Wright. Or Heckingbottom...