Next Manager

kfc_superteam

1 hour ago, Killietillidieu84 said:

Gary holt seems to getting support in some shape or form if the odds are to believed surely hes not the answer to the managerial puzzle be a step backwards if this was the case 

Categorically ruled himself out today on Sportsound

3 hours ago, Killietillidieu84 said:

Gary holt seems to getting support in some shape or form if the odds are to believed surely hes not the answer to the managerial puzzle be a step backwards if this was the case 

If the odds were to be believed we would have had Simon Grayson as manager two weeks ago, Davie Moyes on Wednesday and Gianluca Conte on Thursday. 

I’m hoping that Rigobert Song makes a late rally before the official announcement. 

Edited by fraz65

5 hours ago, Killietillidieu84 said:

A still harbour Hope's that it will be David Moyes. Think that would be a much safer option and he comes with much the same criteria as Clarke did in that he needs to put himself back on track and revive his career and get a bigger job if hes successful here 

The bigg

1 hour ago, killienice said:

Categorically ruled himself out today on Sportsound

GOOD

Angelo Alessio interviewed by Kilmarnock as former Juventus coach emerges as shock front runner

The former assistant to Antonio Conte has impressed Rugby Park chiefs as they prepare to make an appointment early this week.

Mailsport understands the former assistant to ex-Chelsea, Juventus and Italy gaffer Antonio Conte has been interviewed by the Ayrshire club and impressed the Rugby Park board with his credentials.

Killie’s major shareholder Billy Bowie wants to name Clarke’s successor early this week and the 54-year-old Italian is a leading candidate for the job.

Alessio spent five years as a player at Juve in Serie A but has made his name as a coach under Conte.

He followed him from Turin into the national team job in 2014 before moving to Stamford Bridge two years later where the duo won a Premier League title together.

Conte is now back in Italy as Inter Milan’s new manager but Alessio wants to carve out his own managerial career and Kilmarnock could be his next stop after sailing through an interview last week.

Clarke’s right hand man Alex Dyer, who has joined him on the Scotland backroom team, is also in the running for the job.

The likes of Simon Grayson and Darren Moore have been linked with the post, along with David Moyes who’s not believed to be a contender.

Alessio was 3/10 odds on favourite with bookmakers Paddy Power last night.

With the update from the board on Thursday , the many rumours , players due back in next few days....now at least one Board member heading off on summer holidays this week....would hazard an educated guess after the interviews were done that board were just waiting on the first choice confirming all was ok re contract .......and the legal stuff getting signed before making the announcement this week 

Just now, Scouser2 said:

With the update from the board on Thursday , the many rumours , players due back in next few days....now at least one Board member heading off on summer holidays this week....would hazard an educated guess after the interviews were done that board were just waiting on the first choice confirming all was ok re contract .......and the legal stuff getting signed before making the announcement this week 

I was thinking BB was maybe waiting to get Clarke’s opinion after the Belgium game and now moved onto the legal stuff

I like the way the board operates. I know sounds like stating the obvious, but I really like the approach. I’m as big a gossip merchant as anyone on here ( well almost) but the way this process has been conducted is top notch. Very limited coming out till Friday when, presumably, all candidates had been interviewed. Yet they had the foresight to issue a communication to the fans. And then Cathy’s cheeky twitter comments. A nice balance between professionalism and intimacy with the fans. A great environment for a new manager to come in to.

I've loved the fact there's been no leaks whatsoever about the recruitment process, and the media and bookies running in circles trying to guess. The 100+ pages of pure speculation in this thread and at least 5 folk "definitely getting the job" according to people with sources. 

All manager searches should be like this. It's been great fun. 

29 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I like the way the board operates. I know sounds like stating the obvious, but I really like the approach. I’m as big a gossip merchant as anyone on here ( well almost) but the way this process has been conducted is top notch. Very limited coming out till Friday when, presumably, all candidates had been interviewed. Yet they had the foresight to issue a communication to the fans. And then Cathy’s cheeky twitter comments. A nice balance between professionalism and intimacy with the fans. A great environment for a new manager to come in to.

Yeah but the wee clique always know what’s going on. Appears like only a select few who pay to TIK get a heads up while the rest of us contributors are left in the dark

Just now, boydiesback said:

Yeah but the wee clique always know what’s going on. Appears like only a select few who pay to TIK get a heads up while the rest of us contributors are left in the dark

I’m in the dark and couldn’t care less.