Next Manager

kfc_superteam

15 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

Former Kilmarnock goalkeeper Cammy Bell expects the club to choose a Scottish manager over a foreign option to replace Steve Clarke.

Italian Angelo Alessio, who was Antonio Conte's assistant boss at Siena, Juventus, Italy and Chelsea, is current favourite for the vacant post.

Kilmarnock confirmed they have spoken to candidates and hope to make an announcement early next week.

"I think they'll go down the Scottish manager route," Bell told BBC Scotland.

"Somebody who knows the market, the club and the league."

Clarke left Rugby Park for the Scotland job at the end of the season after steering the club to third, their highest top-flight finish since 1966, and a place in Europe.

Bell, 32, made more than 100 appearances for Kilmarnock where he started his career and is now a free agent after leaving Partick Thistle. He says keeping Alex Dyer in place as assistant manager at Rugby Park points to the club seeking continuity. 

"I don't think they need to change the style of play," he added. "They've been successful with that style, Steve Clarke had them so well drilled they just need someone to come in and steady the ship."

When has a manager been a success when they just “steady the ship”?

Heard a little of the discussion on sportsound and it was not the most informative or up to date, the "host" even mentioned the club statement was put out late on Friday , when it was Thursday....would not have taken too much for a reporter to contact the club

.....Gary Holt did confirm there had been no contact with him or his club, he did say Findlay has improved so much that he should be looking to leave this summer for a step up 

I think the thing about journos being in the know about Killie is gone for the time being. With the current board a spade is a spade. And a prick is a prick. There’s no bulls**t. Two of them are loaded and self made and the other is a fans rep looking after our interest. The games are gone

7 minutes ago, piffer said:

I think the thing about journos being in the know about Killie is gone for the time being. With the current board a spade is a spade. And a prick is a prick. There’s no bulls**t. Two of them are loaded and self made and the other is a fans rep looking after our interest. The games are gone

They’re obviously having to scrape the barrel when their top source is Cammy Bell.

59 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Any further news from the chippy or hotel, has the Italian flag been raised at the stadium?

I've fallen hook line sinker for this one, been researching Alessio as if I'm about to sit an exam on the man

White smoke spotted over Rugby Park. 

We have a new leader. 

20190615_214903.png

1 hour ago, Dan1el said:

Any further news from the chippy or hotel, has the Italian flag been raised at the stadium?

I've fallen hook line sinker for this one, been researching Alessio as if I'm about to sit an exam on the man

Wasn't in the chippy today but Angelo wasn't in Costa today either.I think he's nipped home to get his suit for the press conference on Monday.

Just now, KillieDIV said:

Scenario: Alessio comes in and brings Pascali as his assistant and Dyer goes full time with Scotland. Happy or not? 

I think Dyer still has a lot to offer Killie. There could easily be room for another assistant or coach in addition to Alex.

4 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

Scenario: Alessio comes in and brings Pascali as his assistant and Dyer goes full time with Scotland. Happy or not? 

Not happy with that at all, not one bit! Dyer was integral to the success of Clarke and will be for the new man as well, thinking way down the line I hope Dyer gets the main job one day if he wants it.