kfc_superteam

Next Manager

10 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

Former Kilmarnock goalkeeper Cammy Bell expects the club to choose a Scottish manager over a foreign option to replace Steve Clarke.

Italian Angelo Alessio, who was Antonio Conte's assistant boss at Siena, Juventus, Italy and Chelsea, is current favourite for the vacant post.

Kilmarnock confirmed they have spoken to candidates and hope to make an announcement early next week.

"I think they'll go down the Scottish manager route," Bell told BBC Scotland.

"Somebody who knows the market, the club and the league."

Clarke left Rugby Park for the Scotland job at the end of the season after steering the club to third, their highest top-flight finish since 1966, and a place in Europe.

Bell, 32, made more than 100 appearances for Kilmarnock where he started his career and is now a free agent after leaving Partick Thistle. He says keeping Alex Dyer in place as assistant manager at Rugby Park points to the club seeking continuity. 

"I don't think they need to change the style of play," he added. "They've been successful with that style, Steve Clarke had them so well drilled they just need someone to come in and steady the ship."

Thanks Cammy, but given your career choices since leaving Killie (twice) your opinion isn't very valid. 

2 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Talking about it on sportsound. Apart from the betting they have no idea that Alessio has been offered it. They have mentioned that if it is Alessio then its a gamble as he doesn't know the league. Gary Holt and John Hughes  on the show not been approached so definitely not them 

The "knows the league" chat on Sportsound always frustrates me. Rodgers didn't know the league. Neither did Gerard. Or Robinson. Or Wright. Or Heckingbottom...

15 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

Former Kilmarnock goalkeeper Cammy Bell expects the club to choose a Scottish manager over a foreign option to replace Steve Clarke.

Italian Angelo Alessio, who was Antonio Conte's assistant boss at Siena, Juventus, Italy and Chelsea, is current favourite for the vacant post.

Kilmarnock confirmed they have spoken to candidates and hope to make an announcement early next week.

"I think they'll go down the Scottish manager route," Bell told BBC Scotland.

"Somebody who knows the market, the club and the league."

Clarke left Rugby Park for the Scotland job at the end of the season after steering the club to third, their highest top-flight finish since 1966, and a place in Europe.

Bell, 32, made more than 100 appearances for Kilmarnock where he started his career and is now a free agent after leaving Partick Thistle. He says keeping Alex Dyer in place as assistant manager at Rugby Park points to the club seeking continuity. 

"I don't think they need to change the style of play," he added. "They've been successful with that style, Steve Clarke had them so well drilled they just need someone to come in and steady the ship."

When has a manager been a success when they just “steady the ship”?

27 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

The "knows the league" chat on Sportsound always frustrates me. Rodgers didn't know the league. Neither did Gerard. Or Robinson. Or Wright. Or Heckingbottom...

Or Clarke

20 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

That's exactly the sort of thinking that holds Scottish teams back and gives us AJ, Locke, McCulloch, Owen Could, McCann, McIntyre and so on

Owen really couldn’t 

I guessing "knowing the league" is about knowing the extent to which the Glasgow pair twist things to their own advantage with absolute impunity

Edited by Richie242KFC

Heard a little of the discussion on sportsound and it was not the most informative or up to date, the "host" even mentioned the club statement was put out late on Friday , when it was Thursday....would not have taken too much for a reporter to contact the club

.....Gary Holt did confirm there had been no contact with him or his club, he did say Findlay has improved so much that he should be looking to leave this summer for a step up 

A still harbour Hope's that it will be David Moyes. Think that would be a much safer option and he comes with much the same criteria as Clarke did in that he needs to put himself back on track and revive his career and get a bigger job if hes successful here 

3 minutes ago, CDM1992 said:

Odds have shortened further after tweet from Norwegian source that follows Italian football....

2A6A4D4A-77F1-46E3-8893-A74B8A43D693.jpeg

That tweet was from last night 

I think the thing about journos being in the know about Killie is gone for the time being. With the current board a spade is a spade. And a prick is a prick. There’s no bulls**t. Two of them are loaded and self made and the other is a fans rep looking after our interest. The games are gone

7 minutes ago, piffer said:

I think the thing about journos being in the know about Killie is gone for the time being. With the current board a spade is a spade. And a prick is a prick. There’s no bulls**t. Two of them are loaded and self made and the other is a fans rep looking after our interest. The games are gone

They’re obviously having to scrape the barrel when their top source is Cammy Bell.

Any further news from the chippy or hotel, has the Italian flag been raised at the stadium?

I've fallen hook line sinker for this one, been researching Alessio as if I'm about to sit an exam on the man

Keep singing to the tune of Champion The Wonder Horse (apologies to those under 40).......Angelo Alessio !!!!

59 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Any further news from the chippy or hotel, has the Italian flag been raised at the stadium?

I've fallen hook line sinker for this one, been researching Alessio as if I'm about to sit an exam on the man

White smoke spotted over Rugby Park. 

We have a new leader. 

20190615_214903.png

1 hour ago, Dan1el said:

Wasn't in the chippy today but Angelo wasn't in Costa today either.I think he's nipped home to get his suit for the press conference on Monday.

Just now, KillieDIV said:

Scenario: Alessio comes in and brings Pascali as his assistant and Dyer goes full time with Scotland. Happy or not? 

I think Dyer still has a lot to offer Killie. There could easily be room for another assistant or coach in addition to Alex.