Next Manager

kfc_superteam

re: Alex Dyer, FWIW the Welling United fans are pretty complimentary about his time as manager - albeit a short one. 

As mentioned he came in at a difficult time and was out 4th manager that season. Our prior league results to Alex coming in were L 5-1, D 0-0, L 7-3, L 3-0 and we had only won 2 out of 10, then he got two crucial wins in his first two games against bottom teams Truro and Gosport - if he hadn`t got those results we could have been in real trouble with relegation. Our next four league games we lost but mostly against top teams, also had a Kent Senior Cup final against Dover who were a league above us. We lost 2-0 that day but actually played quite well. 

Really hard to judge Alex on the limited time and what he had to work with but I saw an improvement.

Alex was our Manager towards the end of a difficult first season back in National South. He was a stabilising influence but had little time or opportunity to impose himself on the role before departing that summer. 

My only worry at your Club is whether he could step up from being an effective number two.

Now it's all but confirmed he's away from the Sun I honestly don't have a clue who could follow Sir Steve, Alex Dyer... Possibly,..... Neil Lennon... Mibbee, Tony Pulis... 

I can tell you who I don't want... Jim Macintyre, Paul Hartley, Gary Locke, Allan Johnstone. 

Almost want to give up on Football

We have to be thorough in our search and go through proper process despite what will be popular opinions. The board got this appointment right and we’ve taken huge strides forward. Hopefully the next appointment continues our positive trajectory. 

Ignore all the usual suspects from the Scottish game. No going back to Mixu or Kenny. If Dyer or Boyd are interested then they go through the same process as everyone else no special treatment or rash decisions.

Ultimately, Gary Holt has done a decent job in his two full time positions. I know that he is an obvious choice, and before Clarke was appointed was a name quite a few wanted, but there was a feeling that the time wasn't quite right yet. He now has a good level of experience as No.1, would bring passion to the role, and is a good tactician. Of course its important to see who else is out there, but he might yet be the right man at this time.

The decision is clearly crucial in where the club can go next. To maintain the sort of level we have had in the past two years is very difficult, and obviously we don't want to slip back to a mid table (or worse) type situation from here. Would Gary Holt be the type of manager to have us in top 6 or more around 7th/8th in the table?

Tricky..will be like wine after whiskey...Scott gemill will need a club job if he wants to progress and hear good things about him but a gamble.....I would like experience but in someone still ambitious to better themselves...Chris Coleman on a downer but would think hampionship club may offer him route back....not John Hughes...I’d not go back ( well I would after sulking for a bit)