European opponents

abk

10 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

I thought the seeded team played at home in second leg but be better if we're away second, gives us more time to get stuff booked. 

Provided the draw is the same as previous years, it'll be a random draw to decide who's home in which leg. It can change if two teams who'll use the same stadium for their home leg (as teams in Luxembourg and North Macedonia have in the past and all teams from Gibraltar as they've only got one stadium) are due to play at home on the same day.

10 hours ago, killie1961 said:

Is the draw not at 1430 GMT so you should know if is home or away unless 2 teams playing in the same city that day?

The draw is at that time, but confirmation of schedule is later on. We can probably work it out and have a good idea whether there's a clash and when we will play where, but for sake of a couple hours its probably best to hold off until they confirm it.

6 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

The draw is at that time, but confirmation of schedule is later on. We can probably work it out and have a good idea whether there's a clash and when we will play where, but for sake of a couple hours its probably best to hold off until they confirm it.

There's defo gonna be folk who don't listen, book then moan when they've made an arse of it!

On 5/24/2019 at 7:33 AM, DuncD said:

As long as we don’t get an away match in the uk, England for example, with a smallish away ticket allocation as chaos will ensue with who has enough pin badges to get a ticket....

Gee it a rest with pin badges 

you probably can’t afford one

15 minutes ago, Oldkillie said:

Gee it a rest with pin badges 

you probably can’t afford one

I thought having a pin badge and being able to quote stats from Wikipedia that make it seem as though you know about foreign players/leagues was proof of being a real fan though...... 

Am I right in thinking the draw is somewhat regionalised and we’ll find out later today some of the teams we could face?

For what it’s worth there’s a theory that some teams are put in certain regions regardless of geography to avoid potential trouble. Rangers and Celtic very rarely get drawn against Irish teams (especially after Celtic drew Linfield.) It could see us limited to Scandinavia, Britain, Ireland and Western Europe as a result. Pure speculation on my part.

2 minutes ago, Piersquared said:

Am I right in thinking the draw is somewhat regionalised and we’ll find out later today some of the teams we could face?

For what it’s worth there’s a theory that some teams are put in certain regions regardless of geography to avoid potential trouble. Rangers and Celtic very rarely get drawn against Irish teams (especially after Celtic drew Linfield.) It could see us limited to Scandinavia, Britain, Ireland and Western Europe as a result. Pure speculation on my part.

Russia and ukraine teams have been kept apart before because of tensions between the countries. I'd expect armenia and azerbaijan teams might be kept apart, think some of the balkan nations have been kept apart aswell.