Jamie MacDonald

Steppskillie

The early saves were superb and just what he needed to calm his nerves after not playing. He gave me the fear at cross balls but credit to him he got more than enough on all of them. The toad should have been done for the foul and MacDonald looked dazed until he went off. 

Great for Dev to get some gametime. If he gets over all the niggling injuries he could go on to do well for us as he seems to be rated.

14 minutes ago, piffer said:

Great for Dev to get some gametime. If he gets over all the niggling injuries he could go on to do well for us as he seems to be rated.

He impressed me. Would have forgiven him if, as third choice keeper as late as yesterday, he looked nervous in such a huge occasion. Not a bit. Assured. Good presence. 

Thought Jamie made great saves early on but 3 cross balls he did not get gave me the fear.

Brave brave stopping the Columbian thug who defo led with the elbow. Usually keepers 'protect' themselves well but Jamie took that full force. Hope all is ok.

One Fantastic save from the deflection early on. As others have said, he gives me the fear at crosses. More importantly he gives the defence the fear too. Big Kirk gave him a mouthful of abuse/constructive criticism about his lack of communication. 

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

All the paper talk here is of Watford asking Gomes to give them 1 more season as back up to Foster. Bachman may be looking for another year out on loan??

Seeing the nerves on Bachmann watching the penalty with the manager in the stand was amazing.  A mark of how much his time here has meant, I think he's the best goalkeeper I've ever seen for Killie - but MacDonald, as has been said above, did well when called upon yesterday.

23 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Seeing the nerves on Bachmann watching the penalty with the manager in the stand was amazing.  A mark of how much his time here has meant, I think he's the best goalkeeper I've ever seen for Killie - but MacDonald, as has been said above, did well when called upon yesterday.

He was protected by - and, organised - a terrific defence. On a par with THE MARSHALL for me. But, yes, outstanding.

edit: Bachmann outstanding. Better than McDonald but he’s also a good keeper.

Edited by NorfolkG

21 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Seeing the nerves on Bachmann watching the penalty with the manager in the stand was amazing.

Sometimes I think it's "just a job" to the guys on the park, the manager and the board and the only folks with any real emotional buy in are in the stands but seeing the expressions on both Bowie and Clarke's faces when the final whistle went yesterday you could see it really meant a lot to both of them.

So all the fears about missing Dan the man were fortunately quashed by the performances of Jamie Mac and Devlin well down to both of them for playing a huge part in yesterdays victory and as has been said if bachmann does come back to play in Scotland next season it is for us and not sevco!!

Mackay coped really well with a high pressure situation. He's a big lad and commanded his box at crosses better than MacDonald. Looks to have the potential to be a very good keeper. 

I thought MacDonald could have done better at the Rangers goal but perhaps he was suffering from Morels clattering him. Decent shotstopper but doesn't't command his box and distribution is poor. These have always been his weaknesses. 

3 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Mackay coped really well with a high pressure situation. He's a big lad and commanded his box at crosses better than MacDonald. Looks to have the potential to be a very good keeper. 

I thought MacDonald could have done better at the Rangers goal but perhaps he was suffering from Morels clattering him. Decent shotstopper but doesn't't command his box and distribution is poor. These have always been his weaknesses. 

I don’t think we saw enough of Mackay to know either way. I would love to think he’ll progress. Clearly several managers have rated him.

No doubt McDonald was struggling- he was subbed immediately! I thought he was terrific yesterday. He’s a brilliant shot stopper. There’s a reason why Bachmann is going back to the EPL though - he’s a level above.