Where does that rank?

Dillinger

1 minute ago, fmcc said:

This tops ‘97 for me. 2012 beating them in the semi then them in the final is really up there, but today perhaps in the context of the last 20 months tops it all. 

I agree about the context. The way SC spoke at the end was really moving: what a great club we have, free of prejudice.

1 minute ago, mitch14 said:

Given the financial disparity, that's as good as a league win. Particularly under the pressure of those post split games, with the reds and losing to Aberdeen. It's an incredivle achievement. 

Compeltely agree that today is up there with the finals.

It sure is

Losing to Aberdeen should have been it, but this team never know when they are beaten and to win the last 3 games was phenomenal.
Had a wee greet at the end and during SSC speech and no ashamed to admit it... 97 will always be my personal favourite as it was my last game before moving abroad, but today secured our highest finish since 1966. Our best season since then is equivalent to a league win in my opinion given the vast difference in resources 

By far the most exciting, nerve wracking and enjoyable league game that I have seen as Killie fan. Securing 3rd place for the first time since 1966 is an incredible achievement.  To be there to witness it was fantastic. 

The board, management and players deserve all the credit they are receiving. It was a wonderful day. 

Atmosphere was incredible. Such pressure on the players to get a result, and take us back into Europe. Just amazing to witness. Up there with the cup finals for me as well. Also was lucky enough on a rare trip to snake mountain to see us pump oldco 3-0. Hard to pick a favourite out of them.....so yesterday maybe best ever game at rugby park? Certainly in my 25 odd years following us.

For me as an old geezer it's the second best day watching Killie. Second only to a certain game ar Tynecastle in 1965 when Davi Sneddon did the impossible and scored a header. If you ever see Mr Sneddon at RP go and shake his hand and ask him about THAT goal. It will be worth it just to see the smile on his face and years just fall away. Don't think he will ever tire about telling it

7 minutes ago, killieboy said:

undoubtedly the best game I've ever witnessed at Rugby Park. 2012 at Hampden will always be the best for me.

I tend to agree with you here.  Kilmarnock were promoted when I was 8 years old, and while I was at the Accies game I wasn't aware of what it meant, or particularly remember a great deal about it.  Our other great triumphs at RP have either been one-off victories, or relegation deciders, the latter of which is always tinged by a season's worth of poor results.

I put 2012 slightly ahead of 1997 because we were such underdogs going into that occasion - yesterday was a close third.  Honestly feel like we won the league.

Edited by Estragon

Winning trophies is amazing and will always rank highest for me but yesterday was really special. A culmination of a seasons hard work to finish third. Something we haven’t seen since the 60s. You can get lucky in the cups but not in the league. A special manager, an amazing group of players who never say die and would go through walls for each other. 

For me that was in the top 3 games I’ve ever been to. Other 2 being the Scottish cup and League cup win. 

Winning a cup is an amazing day but today had so many elements to it for me. Going 1-0 up early on and Hibs going 1-0 up to be in the position of qualifying for Europe by 3 clear points. Then the massive swing of Rangers scoring, Aberdeen going 1-2 up and having our young 3rd choice keeper come on in the biggest game of the season with about 4k Rangers fans behind him. All within about 6 minutes. Honestly, I feared 3rd was going be out of our reach at this point. 

But this team just doesn’t know how to give up and when Brophy’s penalty went in I’ve honestly never celebrated a goal like it. We wanted to qualify for Europe and we went out and did it ourselves - not having to rely on another team winning a cup.

Rangers sang their songs but we sang louder and it was fantastic to see Rugby Park bouncing like it was  

Fantastic day right up there with all the trophy winning games and the Falkirk play off game the whole club players,management ,directors and of course the incredible Killie fans deserve a lot of praise what a season for all of us !

On sportsound they had one of the McGinn brothers on... The slightly better looking one of the group. He said that this season at RP the crowd was intimidating. Said he has only ever experienced it against Rangers or Celtic or away at Tynecastle. Said they were two down and he was genuinely thinking "this could get really messy"... What a change... What a support this year.

Please for the love of God, buy your season tickets and support these players as they deserve it!