Killie players for Scotland squad

Steppskillie

Will be interesting to see how many Killie players will be in the next Scotland squad. 

SOD - would think he will retain his place although not sure club form justifies it.

Taylor - Very good chance with Tierney unavailable

Findlay - Likely I would think must be a better option than McKenna

Brophy - Outside chance Michael Stewart was touting him for a call.

Power - Wouldnt be surprised if there is investigation into his family background to see if there is a great granny with Scottish roots.

Had already bought tickets for this one before SSC took job so looking forward to this one..think I might even wear my Killie top!!! 

I’d rather they were resting, this time around. 

I can’t see where they will have a break if they are involved in these matches.

Two weeks now and one week after the internationals?

They need a longer recovery than that. O’Donnell was involved in the matches in Mexico and Peru last summer too. 

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

They need a longer recovery than that. O’Donnell was involved in the matches in Mexico and Peru last summer too. 

O’Donnell really needs a break after a very short summer but saying no to Scotland is difficult for a lot of players.

42 minutes ago, skygod said:

Be interesting to see if SSC thinks same, id imagine he would want his full squad from the off regardless of his allegiance with killie. I don’t think anybody other than SOD would start. 

8 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Be interesting to see if SSC thinks same, id imagine he would want his full squad from the off regardless of his allegiance with killie. I don’t think anybody other than SOD would start. 

I could see Findlay starting. Even trying to take my blue-tinted specs off, he is better than Scott McKenna. Quite a bit better.

From a Scotland point of view SC is ideally placed to judge as he has excelled and worked with the best England has to offer and has organised a top-performing SPL team. He will know if Findlay is of the level required.

Edited by NorfolkG

41 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

Today's gossip on the bbc has Brophy inline for a call up when SSC names his team..

Eamonn Brophy is on standby for a Scotland call-up.

Kilmarnock have been informed that their striker is under consideration and to check his availability for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Cyprus and Belgium.

The 23-year-old will find out next week if he will make the final cut for Steve Clarke’s first squad.

It is hardly a surprise with new Scotland boss Clarke having worked with him at Rugby Park.

Eamonn Brophy celebrates the winning goal (Image: SNS Group)

Brophy was one of Killie’s top stars this season and Scotland struggled for goals from the strikers during Alex McLeish’s tenure.

Clarke will know he will need to come up with something different and Brophy could well get his chance.

Brophy netted 11 goals for Killie as they finished third and sealed a Europa League return. 
Clarke, who was unveiled at Hampden yesterday, will kick-off his rein at home to Cyprus on 8th June before they head to group favourites Belgium three days later.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/eamonn-brophy-set-scotland-call-16179538

quite a few players already flew off on holiday after the games on Sunday --SOD one of them --plus the clubs down south (apart from european finalists and any in play off games) all finished over a week ago too-

so some may go from the beach to a training stint under the new Manager 

17 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

quite a few players already flew off on holiday after the games on Sunday --SOD one of them --plus the clubs down south (apart from european finalists and any in play off games) all finished over a week ago too-

so some may go from the beach to a training stint under the new Manager 

SOD needs to. He'll not have time after internationals.

2 hours ago, Ken T said:

If he's willing to forgive Stewart.....

I don’t think there’s any question of forgiving. 

SC will want every player who might give him a competitive advantage and his ego will be telling him that he is the man who gets the best out of Stewart. 

The same with the Killie players - I don’t think there will be any question of giving them any special treatment. 

His focus will now be entirely on Scotland, as it should be (through gritted teeth). 

4 minutes ago, Ycfc1922 said:

I hope none of them are involved. I hate international football and I’d rather they all had a good rest and got ready for next season. 

Understandable, but to think of it from another angle:

-International recognition for our players may make them more content to stay here rather than be desperate to leave to find it elsewhere

-Potential new recruits may see Kilmarnock as a platform for international recognition

-Our players will want to play for Scotland and will feel they have deserved a call-up based on their performances.  Playing for Scotland may well be the pinnacle of these guys' careers

O'Donnell and Taylor are pretty much definites I'd say.

Findlay and Brophy are solid maybes.

But the outsider that I'd say has a one-off chance to make it due to unique circumstances and an incredible recent run of form - a player who has not only improved immeasurably since working with the manager, but SSC can rely on to carry out his instructions to the letter...Rory McKenzie. 

4 hours ago, skygod said:

Especially Taylor, he hasn't had a proper break in 2-3 years having been at the last 2 Toulon tournaments.....

I would like to see all four players in the squad. They deserve a call up as much as anyone else in the division. I’m sure the likes of Findlay, Brophy and Taylor who are uncapped will be desperate to be included. How many players never get recognition no matter how bad the national team is or how good they are. 

It will also be hilarious to see the zombies reaction if SSC calls up four Killie players and no one from Sevco.