Roon the Toon

Jedi2

Brilliant event, thoroughly enjoyed running it. 

Had a great time spotting all the old Killie strips as I went. 

Two free Moffat stand tickets is a brilliant gesture from the club (a bit annoying that my season ticket is in the east... But genuinely excellent from the club). 

Delighted to have a running top with the Killie badge on the back! 

i am in Bellfield, so runners were abandoning their cars outside my front door on Sunday morning.  I had to laugh at one particular couple, it was clear they took it very serious as they parked up slightly blocking my drive.  He got out with the full gear on stretching weirdly on my fence, while his wife, fully clad in "im an outdoors fitness type person but not actually running" atire.

She came round from the passenger side kissed him and then hugged him as if he was heading off to war. In my head all i could hear was Pink Floyd -When The Tigers Broke Free, playing.  After one final big stretch he excitedly headed towards the event while she proudly walked behind.

Always get the feeling for every person doing it for the right reason theres always someone doing it so they can say "yeah yeah i was running at an event at the weekend beat my best time"

Fair play to everyone who took part and all the money these people raised.  I had bunk beds to dismantle and take to the dump on Sunday or i would have taken part .........honest.

Great to see so many Killie strips in the crowd and all the different age groups giving it a crack.  It creates a brilliant buzz round the town and seems to get bigger every year

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81

1 hour ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

Always get the feeling for every person doing it for the right reason theres always someone doing it so they can say "yeah yeah i was running at an event at the weekend beat my best time"

Its a "PB" in running circles mate, allegedly xD

It was a good turnout and seemed a decent day, i went to watch the missus running it and i was knackered just watching everyone after a late night after Hampden on Sat. There were some crackin Killie tops on show and the t-shirt is a cracker. Fair play to everyone who put themselves through that.

14 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Its a "PB" in running circles mate, allegedly xD

It was a good turnout and seemed a decent day, i went to watch the missus running it and i was knackered just watching everyone after a late night after Hampden on Sat. There were some crackin Killie tops on show and the t-shirt is a cracker. Fair play to everyone who put themselves through that.

Only PB I have is a Pie & Bovril :12:I ran a 10K once in my life about 8 years ago still recovering 

I ran the race too. Good run and well supported. I was a little disappointed at the number of Killie tops on display. The plan had been to have 150 folk running in Killie tops.I reckon there may have been 50? Good day though I did run a PW!I'll be back next year. Great ideal to issue free tickets which I will take and pass on to someone. 

I took part in this after commiting to it in the pub last year after a few beers. 

I hadn't ran the length of myself in years but in February i started going out twice a week,  running to a lamp post then walking to the next one. Every time I'd do a little bit more until I built myself up to  10k without stopping. 

I managed to complete roon the toon in  just over an hour and raise over 4 figures for the neonatal  department at crosshouse hospital. 

Not bad for a fat **** from bellfield :-)

13 hours ago, samo said:

I took part in this after commiting to it in the pub last year after a few beers. 

I hadn't ran the length of myself in years but in February i started going out twice a week,  running to a lamp post then walking to the next one. Every time I'd do a little bit more until I built myself up to  10k without stopping. 

I managed to complete roon the toon in  just over an hour and raise over 4 figures for the neonatal  department at crosshouse hospital. 

Not bad for a fat **** from bellfield :-)

Fair play Samo, you looked like you were enjoying yourself!

• 6 months later...