Greg Taylor

Rosskfc70

1 hour ago, Bhamkillieken said:

taylor is only "worth" what someone is willing to pay for him.

I disagree with that. If your car is the only way for you to get to work, and someone offers you the market value for it, then you'll turn it down as its value to you will be higher. Celtic may value GT at £900k but we will surely know he's worth more to the club, even if his contract runs down, for the next two years. 

2 hours ago, Shortie said:

still don't think KT is a £25 mill player, but that's the way the English market is

He was bought from a Scottish club though.

If he's even a moderate success at Arsenal he'll be valued at heap more than £25m.

Agreed the English market is insane.

Edited by Fankle

1 hour ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

I disagree with that. If your car is the only way for you to get to work, and someone offers you the market value for it, then you'll turn it down as its value to you will be higher. Celtic may value GT at £900k but we will surely know he's worth more to the club, even if his contract runs down, for the next two years. 

you are confusing worth and value.

21 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

The two are intertwined. To suggest otherwise is just wrong.

incorrect, a simple mistake but incorrect. what your house is worth to you and what it values at when remortgaged can be significantly different, a basic example in the difference between value and worth.

what your willing to sell something for and its true value can be two different numbers. without boring others on here i think you will find a quick google will point you in the right direction. 

13 minutes ago, BoydsFace said:

My mate who is ITK at Celtic Park said it’s a done deal for £1m plus an unnamed player on loan.

Unless the unnamed player is Tom Rogic they can f**k right off.

If true you'd have to think it would more likely be Jack Hendry or Luca Connell going out on loan. 

51 minutes ago, BoydsFace said:

My mate who is ITK at Celtic Park said it’s a done deal for £1m plus an unnamed player on loan.

Unless the unnamed player is Tom Rogic they can f**k right off.

Your mate is telling porkies!

Edited by Bullitt

I think they’ll be in for him. As before it would be remiss of Lennon not to see the talent. No way will a million do it. I would have thought Johnny Hayes could have played left side in a 5. Jack hendry maybe most likely in any loan deal though. But the number would need to be north of 2.5 million I would hope.

Is there not a view that Lennon doesn't trust the Scottish market? Didn't go for SPL players when he was there before. I think there might be a bit of pressure on to make what is seen as a bigger transfer. I was incredibly surprised that a Championship side didn't bid for Taylor. 

Still harbouring my theory that other sides are holding off to see what these players look like without Clarke and a Euro run would have seen a few gone... 

Taylor was the paper talk this morning. By the time I got in from work it was some Norwegian boy. Barry Douglas, Stephen Kingsley and countless English league 1 and Championship LBs have all been named by the media. No doubt fresh faces will be named tomorrow 

To be honest I think Celtic are in a hard place at the moment. They’ve spent a decent wedge on Bolingoli and he’s rotten. If they fork out again they are left with an expensive reserve. IMO they will try to get Taylor on the cheap and if that fails move on. 

I don’t think we will get the money some are quoting for Greg but we must break our transfer record here. 

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

Taylor was the paper talk this morning. By the time I got in from work it was some Norwegian boy. Barry Douglas, Stephen Kingsley and countless English league 1 and Championship LBs have all been named by the media. No doubt fresh faces will be named tomorrow 

To be honest I think Celtic are in a hard place at the moment. They’ve spent a decent wedge on Bolingoli and he’s rotten. If they fork out again they are left with an expensive reserve. IMO they will try to get Taylor on the cheap and if that fails move on. 

I don’t think we will get the money some are quoting for Greg but we must break our transfer record here. 

NO chance with that biscuit tin club

No point taking Jack Hendry on loan to sit on our bench, he isn’t clearly better than what we have so why weaken our starting XI to improve our bench? Different if he was coming permanent, then you potentially see the benefit further down the line.

IMO we won’t sell Taylor this summer for less than a record fee.

10 hours ago, mitch14 said:

Is there not a view that Lennon doesn't trust the Scottish market? Didn't go for SPL players when he was there before. I think there might be a bit of pressure on to make what is seen as a bigger transfer. I was incredibly surprised that a Championship side didn't bid for Taylor. 

Still harbouring my theory that other sides are holding off to see what these players look like without Clarke and a Euro run would have seen a few gone... 

10 hours ago, killie1961 said:

They bid £3.25m in the summer (and had it accepted) for a guy that had played 20 games for Motherwell.

10 hours ago, killie1961 said:

I've said this before but i really don't get that term being used against them as some sort of ridicule.

Hate them but can't argue they are well run. unlike their sister on the other side.  Remember Sir David 'for every £5 Celtic spend we'll spend £10!'  How did that work out again?

For Taylor, £3 million of F-off.   If they decide not to pay it, we are happy, if they do we've got our value. Simple.

12 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

...but they then went and bought a £3M dud LB that looks completely out his depth.

Yup, so they aren't adverse to spending money.

They spent £7m on a centre half this summer and have something like £70m in cash in the bank.

If they want Taylor, we should make sure we get his worth as they can certainly afford it.

If they are only willing to pay £1m and give us some s**te like Ralston or Miller, then sorry, no deal.

Edited by Squirrelhumper