Capacity of stadium at Rhyll

Bigmazey

sorry folks, seated capacity atm is only 500, they will have to get some temp stands to put on the running track or switch the game https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/welsh-premier-league-clubs/gap-connahs-quay.html

switching it to chester would give 4,500 seats https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/conference/conference-north/chester-deva-stadium.html

Edited by big_al

From what I can make out, the games have to be played at a stadium within the club's own association - so Chester or Wrexham's grounds couldn't be used. Going by what Andy Morrison has been saying in the press I'd be surprised if the game was switched as he's described Belle Vue as a "leveller" and a "typical old Welsh ground" (whatever that means). They'll get a cut of our gate for the second leg, and looking at the stadiums available to them I can't see them bothering moving the game.

Edited by Cill Mheàrnaig

4 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

From what I can make out, the games have to be played at a stadium within the club's own association - so Chester or Wrexham's grounds couldn't be used. Going by what Andy Morrison has been saying in the press I'd be surprised if the game was switched as he's described Belle Vue as a "leveller" and a "typical old Welsh ground" (whatever that means). They'll get a cut of our gate for the second leg, and looking at the stadiums available to them I can't see them bothering moving the game.

I take your point but Nomads did say they had asked the Welsh FA to make enquiries about using Wrexhams Racecourse Ground. 

The Welsh FA themselves have used it in the past as Wales played international matches there. 

1 minute ago, stewarty66 said:

I take your point but Nomads did say they had asked the Welsh FA to make enquiries about using Wrexhams Racecourse Ground. 

The Welsh FA themselves have used it in the past as Wales played international matches there. 

Aye and they couldn't get it done by the deadline. I wonder how truly upset they were about that..

"In principle, a club must play all its matches in the competition at one and the same venue. As of the group stage the venue can be changed only based on a UEFA decision. A venue may be the ground of the home club or another ground in the same or another city within the territory of its association. Exceptionally the UEFA administration may accept a venue in the territory of another UEFA member association if no other suitable venue is available on the home territory. In principle, match venues are approved only if direct international flights and/or charter flights are able to land within an acceptable distance of the venue, in the country of the club concerned. All match venues are subject to the approval of the UEFA administration."

and:

"The Welsh FA had conversations with Wrexham on our behalf, but unfortunately the pitch is being relaid so won't be available on time."

Edited by Prahakillie

13 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

They won't get a penny from the game at RP.

1 minute ago, Prahakillie said:

"In principle, a club must play all its matches in the competition at one and the same venue. As of the group stage the venue can be changed only based on a UEFA decision. A venue may be the ground of the home club or another ground in the same or another city within the territory of its association. Exceptionally the UEFA administration may accept a venue in the territory of another UEFA member association if no other suitable venue is available on the home territory. In principle, match venues are approved only if direct international flights and/or charter flights are able to land within an acceptable distance of the venue, in the country of the club concerned. All match venues are subject to the approval of the UEFA administration."

And there's suitable venues in the FAW so was unlikely any request would have been granted.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They won't get a penny from the game at RP.

Ahh I assumed it was the same as domestic cup ties. Learn something new every day!

9 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

And there's suitable venues in the FAW so was unlikely any request would have been granted.

Ahh I assumed it was the same as domestic cup ties. Learn something new every day!

It depends how you understand home territory. 

I would say Wrexham is in the home territory of FAW. 

They have played internationals there. 

Just now, Prahakillie said:

It depends how you understand home territory. 

I would say Wrexham is in the home territory of FAW. 

They have played internationals there. 

Do you know how the governing bodies rules work on this? Do they look at where the club plays its football which is what I assumed or do they look at geography?

1 minute ago, Prahakillie said:

I could be wrong but I understood it as geography. 

In my opinion it is the Welsh clubs belonging to the FA who would have to seek clearance from UEFA to play in Wales if they wanted to play at home in Europe. 

If that's the case it seems strange that the FAW wouldn't be able to switch it from Rhyl to Wrexham.