Capacity of stadium at Rhyll

Bigmazey

12 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

And what of those who go by car and also have a season ticket? This is a total and utter disgrace!!

The club would never have been able to give everyone who wanted to go a ticket - regardless of season ticket holders, shareholders, walkups etc.  Lets just be glad we are in this situation.  Same as the Sevco game last day of the season and the Aberdeen cup replay last year - people were bitching about their usual seats etc.   

I include myself in my next statement but if the club got 300 tickets for Annan away (for example) in the betfred cup, because we weren't good enough to make Europe, and a large majority couldn't go  there wouldn't be a 20 page thread on it and people wouldn't be as bothered.

Wales will be a great day out and I'm sure that, by the end, the majority of people who travel down will get into the ground one way or the other. 

2 minutes ago, BoydsFace said:

The club would never have been able to give everyone who wanted to go a ticket - regardless of season ticket holders, shareholders, walkups etc.  Lets just be glad we are in this situation.  Same as the Sevco game last day of the season and the Aberdeen cup replay last year - people were bitching about their usual seats etc.   

I include myself in my next statement but if the club got 300 tickets for Annan away (for example) in the betfred cup, because we weren't good enough to make Europe, and a large majority couldn't go  there wouldn't be a 20 page thread on it and people wouldn't be as bothered.

Wales will be a great day out and I'm sure that, by the end, the majority of people who travel down will get into the ground one way or the other. 

All well and good but the decision is rank unfair.

Just now, jmthmsn said:

Please be assured that Cathy has been fighting this method of distribution 'tooth and nail'. Unfortunately, she is on holiday and not at the coalface. If the Trust get an allocation, we will have an open and transparent live draw for 'TiK' subscribers. The Trust Board, who also subscribe, will  be part of this draw and will not get favourable consideration.

I'm disgusted at the way in which this has been dealt with and feel for the majority of Killie fans who are being marginalised here..

Very well said.

Who decided this approach? For a club making a lot of excellent decisions this stick out as ill-conceived, counter-productive and open to accusations of all sorts.

3 minutes ago, BoydsFace said:

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that not everyone will get a ticket. People always knew that would happen. They are angry at the fact the club has favoured some fans over others. A ballot, where everyone is equal, is the only fair way of doing this. Everyone has an equal chance of getting a ticket and you take your shot. If you don't get one, tough. But this stinks. This IS favouritism - and not in a good way. It rules out many who have travelled home and away for years, simply because they don't travel on a bus.

Just now, jmthmsn said:

Please be assured that Cathy has been fighting this method of distribution 'tooth and nail'. Unfortunately, she is on holiday and not at the coalface. If the Trust get an allocation, we will have an open and transparent live draw for 'TiK' subscribers. The Trust Board, who also subscribe, will  be part of this draw and will not get favourable consideration.

I'm disgusted at the way in which this has been dealt with and feel for the majority of Killie fans who are being marginalised here..

Thanks for replying to this. Do we know who was the instigator of the decision

Why are we all squabbling? Yes, hundreds if not thousands of us are going to be disappointed (myself included) at not getting to see the team in Wales, but it's hardly Killie's fault. The stadium is tiny and that's just the luck of the draw.

If anything, this should be even more incentive for the team - not that it's needed - to progress to the next round and have even more Killie fans cheer on the boys in Serbia.

46 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Absolutely terrible decision.

f**king mind boggles. 

I live in north lanarkshire and go to every game, got a season ticket but cause I don't go on a registered supporters bus to away games I don't get the chance to get a ticket.

I could've accepted missing out on a ticket due to limited availability but this is a shambles.

Ditto.

2 minutes ago, LegWeak said:

Why are we all squabbling? 

Because it’s a grossly unfair decision.

And very few are squabbling: most see this as a nonsense.

I was never going to get a ticket, which was fair enough, but I’m still not totally convinced this isn’t a joke.

2 minutes ago, LegWeak said:

Why are we all squabbling? Yes, hundreds if not thousands of us are going to be disappointed (myself included) at not getting to see the team in Wales, but it's hardly Killie's fault. The stadium is tiny and that's just the luck of the draw.

If anything, this should be even more incentive for the team - not that it's needed - to progress to the next round and have even more Killie fans cheer on the boys in Serbia.

We knew not everyone was going to get a ticket. Its the fact the club a shown favouritism to a part of the support that dosent have anymore reason than the average season ticket holder to get a go at a ticket. I go home and awayvevery week on a bus but was never once offered membership, so how is it faid that those who were will get a free shot at getting a ticket over me. Its not just me there are hundreds the same.

The supporters clubs should refuse them.

No idea what the best solution would be and the club have had a tough choice to make. Realistically, about 650 tickets for sale if you take out players’ comps, staff and sponsors tickets. 

There’s 3,700 season tickets. That gave most STHs about a 20% chance in a ballot. That’s actually being generous. Ok not everyone would go to Wales but they would know someone who was. 

Would the fairest way be to hold a ballot? I don’t know. Straight away you would exclude walk-up fans, fans who travel to away games etc. Do you get more Loyalty points by determining length of service, games attended, money invested? 

The club have abdicated responsibility but it’s a short turn around. I don’t envy those who run the buses but I’d imagine only those that have ticked the above ‘criteria’ are going to be going.

I also get the complaints over STH missing out but when have we ever had this situation before? It’s a tiny allocation and yet how many went to Parkhead this year? We probably didn’t take 802 to Parkhead in the post-split game.

I’ll not be in line for a ticket and that’s fine by me. I’ll be in Wales for the atmosphere, the trip and the unlikely chance that I can buy one of a Welsh fan but that’s about it.

Folk crying over losing out on a lottery ticket are blaming the club for an impossible situation brought about by numerous factors outwidth their control.

10 minutes ago, jmthmsn said:

Thanks for this information ........but it does open up other questions on how opinion of one of the 3 Directors and in fact the Trust was so easily cast aside......

2 minutes ago, Piersquared said:

No idea what the best solution would be and the club have had a tough choice to make. Realistically, about 650 tickets for sale if you take out players’ comps, staff and sponsors tickets. 

There’s 3,700 season tickets. That gave most STHs about a 20% chance in a ballot. That’s actually being generous. Ok not everyone would go to Wales but they would know someone who was. 

Would the fairest way be to hold a ballot? I don’t know. Straight away you would exclude walk-up fans, fans who travel to away games etc. Do you get more Loyalty points by determining length of service, games attended, money invested? 

The club have abdicated responsibility but it’s a short turn around. I don’t envy those who run the buses but I’d imagine only those that have ticked the above ‘criteria’ are going to be going.

I also get the complaints over STH missing out but when have we ever had this situation before? It’s a tiny allocation and yet how many went to Parkhead this year? We probably didn’t take 802 to Parkhead in the post-split game.

I’ll not be in line for a ticket and that’s fine by me. I’ll be in Wales for the atmosphere, the trip and the unlikely chance that I can buy one of a Welsh fan but that’s about it.

Folk crying over losing out on a lottery ticket are blaming the club for an impossible situation brought about by numerous factors outwidth their control.

It’s not an impossible situation.

Do a ballot. Easy.

22 minutes ago, piffer said:

I’m not saying they should be but are Cathy and the SLO positions now under threat? There to represent the whole support but neglected the interests of the vast majority

Definetly should be. The few with pals up top have been looked after while everone else gets f**k all

I’m disappointed with the decision, the options of a blind ballot however could NEVER work, you have families, friends etc driving down or getting train, chances of them all getting tickets were minimal. Supporters buses that are basically going every away game also have such groups, this method of distribution assures at least some families getting tickets together.

Its the first game back, easy to get to and everyone wanted to go, the blame (if any)lies with the Welsh FA, they need to plan for potential larger supports prior to each season and have contingency in place, the team will pump this mob, save your pennies and book up Belgrade because that will be a real Euro jaunt!!

Remember KTWD and calm down about sending ST’s back