Capacity of stadium at Rhyll

Bigmazey

7 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

Is the bigger issue here not that the stadium doesn't meet the minimum UEFA regulations to host a Europa League qualifier? Surely the club has to push for a change of venue.

Does anyone from the club or even Jim Thomson know if this has been challenged? Qualifiers up to round 3 have to be held in a UEFA Category 2 stadium which must have a minimum of 1500 seats. As confirmed by Nomads earlier on Twitter there are only 1464 seats available at Rhyl.

Surely the point of that rule is to reduce things like this happening where stadiums not capable of meeting the demand for tickets are not used?

1 minute ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Delete this thread before anyone sees.

Embarrassing toys out the pram stuff by some. 

I think the overwhelming feeling is dismay rather than toys out the pram!

Everyone appreciates and understands that the chances of getting a ticket is slim but having a fair chance of getting one is all people are asking. This isn’t a fair process 

3 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Let’s not go down this route. They didn’t make the decision. 

Seems ludicrous to blame those that run busses for the decision made by the club. I’d imagine they’ve been put in a s**te position of seeming to hold all the tickets when they’ll end up with 20 per bus and 70 folk wanting tickets.

1 minute ago, Piersquared said:

Seems ludicrous to blame those that run busses for the decision made by the club. I’d imagine they’ve been put in a s**te position of seeming to hold all the tickets when they’ll end up with 20 per bus and 70 folk wanting tickets.

Easy then. Just hand them back to the club and say they'd prefer a fairer distribution 

18 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

The main contributors on this forum seem very quite tonight. 

Thats bang out of order. Theae guys never made the decision and have barely had time to react. Toys out the pram stuff tonight indeed. Very sad to se grown men acting like this. 

Theres a lot of experts on ticket distribution on here tonight. 

I can almost guarantee that all people getting tickets through supporters clubs will have season tickets as well. Theres matches where our bus has been the only one there, running buses to ridiculous midweek games in december, as well as luton, swansea, Belgrade and various others. I don't think the fans that have continually followed the team for years should miss out on tickets because someone who has bought a season ticket on the back of a good season but stood in a queue longer. 

I agree it is harsh on fans who have done the same but driven but how do the club monitor that without a reward system of some sort, which we probably never thought we would need.

By giving tickets to the supporters clubs they know they are definitely going to supporters who follow the team all over. The club have effectively passed the situation onto the supporters clubs, and the demand within the supporters clubs is greater than the number of tickets they have been issued i believe. 

From at atmosphere point of view it will be better with it full of supporters clubs than 800(?) Individuals dotted about who don't know each other.

Its obvious that theres a lot of people pissed off, however i dont see a better way that the club could have done it. 

At best it’s shocking statement badly worded, let’s say 5(?) buses who go regular were given 25 tickets each to have their own ballot.

I really don’t think anyone would have had an issue with it.

What is missing here is the detail, how many will be left once the buses get theirs ???

And how will these be issued ??

For the record as said earlier I think this is an appalling decision, why change how thing s have worked in the past. 

Why is the club creating a set of Uber fans, why are those who go on a bus now ranked above those who go by car, or other means ???

This could actually create divisions between fans judging by comments on here, at a time when everything was going so well.

No easy solution granted, but why not just put them on sale to season ticket holders on a first come first served basis at very least.

if folk wanted to camp out then so be it as long as they had a season ticket.

of all the options discussed on here in recent weeks this option wasn’t even on the radar.

Madness.

Edited by Andy

28 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

Is the bigger issue here not that the stadium doesn't meet the minimum UEFA regulations to host a Europa League qualifier? Surely the club has to push for a change of venue.

They would probably be granted dispensation by UEFA as it is only a few dozen short of the requirement.

The alternative would probably be a longer trip to Bangor or somewhere.