Capacity of stadium at Rhyll

Bigmazey

Just now, All the Wine said:

Of course there is but there's a limited amount of tickets there was always going to be disappointed fans.

If it had went to a ballot and people had lost out then there'd have been complaints about that system too. There was no fair way of doing it apart from general sale to ST holders on a 1st come 1st served basis and even that would have had issues

I agree with your first comment and If there had been a ballot r general sale to ST holders then I would have been happy to take my chances, at least everyone then has the same chance. 

I have organised buses previously from edinburgh. We had to stop running buses as the cost from Edinburgh was getting too much. We have car shared ever since. We have recently started the edinburgh killie supporters club back up but I'm not confident of getting a response never mind tickets. It's a terrible way to allocate tickets. No need for the abuse etc towards the organisers of the buses tho. It's not their call its he clubs

2 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Ok, I get that.

My issue is with the club making an obviously poor decision which affects people’s confidence and perception. We are a business the same as any other and need to treat customers as fairly as possible.

Bagging people for getting a ticket isn’t on.

Agreed. 

28 minutes ago, Andy said:

No issue at all with bus Conveners.

Issue is with decision and a statement that even the Conveners don’t understand.

Agree ...and it's way OTT for some to have a go at any folk who run buses......fault is with whoever made the final decision and that poorly worded statement

Good luck to the ones who have gained out of this and hope they enjoy the start of our Euro adventure 

Edited by Scouser2

f**k it. Really disappointed by the clubs decision not to let allocation go to season ticket holders first (Least collateral). I am hoping for some news on the ticket front or potential alternatives. We all need to continue to back the club as it’s bigger than everyone. Hopefully a fan zone, some good weather and a royal pumping for the Nomads. Someone sign or release strip Killie... 

53 minutes ago, KillieFM86 said:

Does anyone from the club or even Jim Thomson know if this has been challenged? Qualifiers up to round 3 have to be held in a UEFA Category 2 stadium which must have a minimum of 1500 seats. As confirmed by Nomads earlier on Twitter there are only 1464 seats available at Rhyl.

Surely the point of that rule is to reduce things like this happening where stadiums not capable of meeting the demand for tickets are not used?

Suppose the Nomads charge £25 for the non-seating area of the stadium but hand out one of these at the turnstile....Halfords Camping Arm Chair - Green

There was no easy way to dish out the tickets. 

As this is an away game, I think those that organise and run buses to the majority, if not all, away games deserve a bunch of tickets o give out to those that support and fill the buses week in week out. I don't think it is unreasonable for the club to hand a certain proportion of tickets to those that run them week in week out. 150 or so out of the 800 tickets would be fair enough IMO, and this may be the case as we don't know how many are being issued to said clubs.

As for the argument 'aww but I don't get the bus I drive to all the away games where is my ticket?'. Well the club would then have an extra 1000 folk saying they made nearly all the away games last season which is obviously nonsense. There is no way to prove if you did or did not. I will more than likely not have a chance of a ticket but will still be heading down regardless and there will be that many down there without a ticket that I am sure it will still be a cracking away trip. Hopefully the club can get something arranged for those travelling without tickets and we can see the game somewhere. 

To think we have came from scraping to avoid relegation to then fighting over getting tickets for Europe shows how far we have come. Lets hope we can qualify and everyone that wants a ticket will certainly get one in Belgrade!

Why do some people feel entitled to a ticket over others? All this about sending STs back because of the way they’ve went about the ticket situation is pathetic. I’m sure STs were for home games and not away games? Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. If you don’t get a ticket, tough. However, if you’re complaining about deserving a ticket I’d expect all 802 of those die hard fans who just can’t simply miss the game in Rhyl to be in Belgrade? Fan base is really a joke sometimes.

The club are the ones who have made a decision that doesn't work, not the guys who run the busses - they don't deserve any abuse here. It is the club who have f***ed up. I don't think anyone would seriously have complained if you are a season ticket holder or privileged seat holder and asked to put your name forward for a ballot. At least then everyone people think should have a chance of a ticket would have had an equal shot of getting one. I don't see why some groups are more entitled than others as the club have decided.

Edited by rm0199

When supporters clubs have their share and I would expect 300 would be more than enough, then we could possibly put the rest up for sale to those who went to the last match at Parkhead( less than 200), most would be on the bus or the 122 who went up to Dingwall on a Tuesday night in December the previous season. It has been said that these people are putting money into other clubs funds at the time but if you stop and think about it you are doing the same going to Wales. Just a suggestion.

Perhaps giving the supporters clubs tickets was to ensure their busses are full and won’t lose s**t loads of money running a half empty bus to Wales.

lets say there was a ballot for tickets and only 20 regulars on the bus got tickets then it might become impossible to run the bus.

the whole situation is not ideal but no matter what way they decided there was always going to be meltdown on here.

4 minutes ago, kc_mole said:

When supporters clubs have their share and I would expect 300 would be more than enough, then we could possibly put the rest up for sale to those who went to the last match at Parkhead( less than 200), most would be on the bus or the 122 who went up to Dingwall on a Tuesday night in December the previous season. It has been said that these people are putting money into other clubs funds at the time but if you stop and think about it you are doing the same going to Wales. Just a suggestion.

If the club could find out who these people are I’d be delighted to see them get tickets before anyone else. 

12 minutes ago, EthanTee99 said:

Why do some people feel entitled to a ticket over others? All this about sending STs back because of the way they’ve went about the ticket situation is pathetic. I’m sure STs were for home games and not away games? Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. If you don’t get a ticket, tough. However, if you’re complaining about deserving a ticket I’d expect all 802 of those die hard fans who just can’t simply miss the game in Rhyl to be in Belgrade? Fan base is really a joke sometimes.

Cause ST holders are usually incentivised so they put money in up front. Thats how it works with any half decent club. Let us know if you need further explanation or examples. 

1 minute ago, Chris1810 said:

Cause ST holders are usually incentivised so they put money in up front. Thats how it works with any half decent club. Let us know if you need further explanation or examples. 

Aye give me more examples please Mr Killie. But if we did give STs first dibs what about the 2700 holders that’ll go without a ticket? Maybe it should’ve went to a ballot but people on here are an absolute disgrace. How can you judge who deserves a ticket? It’s not the clubs fault that the ground isn’t big enough for all our fans. If everyone stops being a greeting faced wee lassie maybe we can enjoy our European trip. 

Forum has come a long way since the dark days of relegation play offs, MJ and the hotheads and bam pots. 

Proper first world problem stuff being discussed here and systemic of not having a system that manages our away tickets as we've never really needed it. There was no perfect solution but I think the club have done the best they can in an a bad situation