Capacity of stadium at Rhyll

Bigmazey

2 minutes ago, shug said:

Describe a die hard?

Look I know thats not the best turn of phrase. All im trying to point out is that we can all spot flaws in ANY way of allocating these tickets as 2000+ dosent split into 800 very well. All im saying is this way has its benifits as well as its flaws its not the anti christ. 

We are going round in circles with this. I hope those who do get tickets enjoy it and hopefully the rest of us get somewhere to congregate have a laugh and a sing song and if we are lucky get the game on a screen. 

No, you were saying that folk that travel on buses to games were somehow better than the rest of us! That’s the split in fan base that this decision is causing. 

Id say that lots that travel by car are as much a die hard as those on buses

Edited by shug

The main problem I have with this decision is that it has been made exclusive to a small few, totally excluding the majority.

I have no issue at all with supporters clubs/buses getting tickets, but to make it exclusive for them, ruling out fans that travel home and away by any other means of transport is totally wrong.

There are only about 4-5 buses that go to away games reguarly, some games even less so. Based on 50 tickets per bus that is only 250, that still leaves over two thirds of the tickets unallocated.

I would expect them to be put on sale at some stage, but plenty of people will have cancelled time off/hotels/transport by then based on the ambiguity of the details announced.

The club could have avoided this fall out by announcing at the outset;

250 tickets allocated to supporters clubs to reward loyalty for following home and away.

550 tickets to be allocated by means of first come, first served or a ballot amongst season ticket holder and shareholders.

IMO in that case, most people would be happy, the regulars that travel all over the country would still be sorted, and everyone else would get a fair shot.

There were always going to be people disappointed, but the anger is with the way the club has handled this, not the fact a lot of people will miss out on tickets.

1 minute ago, shug said:

No, you were saying that folk that travel on buses to games were somehow better than the rest of us! That’s the split in fan base that this decision is causing. 

I think he means that by giving buses first dibs, it means that you are almost guaranteeing that those that get them go home and away.

If it was just a sale to season ticket holders there is no guarantee of that.  Same way folk could use their mates season ticket to get a ticket.

There is no perfect solution.

He certainly never said those who go on buses are better than any other away fan.

1 minute ago, shug said:

Oh piss off I was not. Not even for a second. I was saying that the guys that run the buses can identify their most regular customers. 

The seeth and anger towards people you dont know from some on here since yesterday is astounding. 

And for the record I wont be in line for any tickets. I probably only travel by bus to away games a handful of times a year and use trains the rest. 

Just now, RDM said:

I have no issue at all with supporters clubs/buses getting tickets, but to make it exclusive for them, ruling out fans that travel home and away by any other means of transport is totally wrong.

Why are people reading "For this particular match, first priority will be given to Supporters Clubs who regularly run transport to away matches. We will liaise with these groups over the distribution of tickets and availability of any remaining tickets will be announced through our club channels." as "the allocation will be exclusively given to the supporters clubs"?

1 minute ago, RDM said:

The main problem I have with this decision is that it has been made exclusive to a small few, totally excluding the majority.

There are only about 4-5 buses that go to away games reguarly, some games even less so. Based on 50 tickets per bus that is only 250, that still leaves over two thirds of the tickets unallocated.

I would expect them to be put on sale at some stage, but plenty of people will have cancelled time off/hotels/transport by then based on the ambiguity of the details announced.

250 tickets allocated to supporters clubs to reward loyalty for following home and away.

550 tickets to be allocated by means of first come, first served or a ballot amongst season ticket holder and shareholders.

IMO in that case, most people would be happy, the regulars that travel all over the country would still be sorted, and everyone else would get a fair shot.

There were always going to be people disappointed, but the anger is with the way the club has handled this, not the fact a lot of people will miss out on tickets.

31 pages in and finally a sensible contribution :hurrah: 

3 minutes ago, RDM said:

but to make it exclusive for them, ruling out fans that travel home and away by any other means of transport is totally wrong.

I don't think they have? Well my understanding of it is they haven't

Buses got an allocation first, then rest will be sold/allocated in another sale.

I could be wrong but that's how I read the statement.

4 minutes ago, RDM said:

I kinda read yesterday's announcement as that. Supporters clubs given first dibs. Maybe 250/300 tickets then maybe 500 will be distributed thereafter. There is still plenty of time to have a sale. 

2 minutes ago, shug said:

Thats your interpretation of what he said. As a bus convener you would support him.

I read it differently and take exception to the assertion that those on buses are somehow better fans than the rest of us!

For the record, I know Cammy and he's not getting any tickets from a bus so he's impartial on this.

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Why are people reading "For this particular match, first priority will be given to Supporters Clubs who regularly run transport to away matches. We will liaise with these groups over the distribution of tickets and availability of any remaining tickets will be announced through our club channels." as "the allocation will be exclusively given to the supporters clubs"?

Because “availability of any remaining tickets” would suggest if all 800 are requested/required by supporters clubs then it will be exclusive to them.

As per my previous post, a number should have been confirmed in advance of announcing it of how many were being allocated to clubs, then everyone would know where they stand.

As I said I’m my original post, the club could have avoided this fall out by not being so ambiguous with the details. 

Edited by RDM

This is absolutely pointless. The club have chosen . Like it or not that’s the way it will be. As mentioned if their statement had been clearer and more specific many would be less pissed off. Poor communication leading to a total frenzy. 

Having potshots at each other regarding who’s a bigger fan or who’s driving or getting a bus is totally pointless. 

Wait and see if the 5/600 tickets after the buses go on sale and if your a season ticket holder try and get one. I have no problem whatsoever with folk who go every week on some of these buses getting tickets. They deserve them. Arguably so do the car travellers but no way to distinguish them. 

Hopefully this can be put behind us and we can have a good day out following our team in Wales. I won’t get a ticket and will still be there hopefully many will be similar.

Edited by Souleycouley93

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Buses got an allocation first, then rest will be sold/allocated in another sale.

Got to admit its a bit poor that the guys that run buses haven't been fully briefed on whats happening before making any announcement. 

Id expect some clarity by lunchtime. Until then......RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

If all folks that get a ticket are season ticket holders, it will all work out fine. I would just have thought that the lead criteria was that the individual had a season ticket. If a single non season ticket holder gets a ticket over a season ticket holder then we have a problem in my opinion. A problem that could have been avoided by another allocation system.

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

If all folks that get a ticket are season ticket holders, it will all work out fine. I would just have thought that the lead criteria was that the individual had a season ticket. If a single non season ticket holder gets a ticket over a season ticket holder then we have a problem in my opinion. A problem that could have been avoided by another allocation system.

ANY allocation system would allow non season ticket holders to slip through the net. 

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think that is a massive part of the problem is that the details provided are so vague.

I read it as “any remaining tickets” would suggest if all 800 are requested/required then there will be no other sale.

I might be wrong, I often am, so hopefully there will still be a few hundred at least for everyone else to fight over, but as it stands there is no information on how/if tickets will be available to anyone outside a supporters club.

9 minutes ago, RDM said:

Because “availability of any remaining tickets” would suggest if all 800 are requested/required by supporters clubs then it will be exclusive to them.

As per my previous post, a number should have been confirmed in advance of announcing it of how many were being allocated to clubs, then everyone would know where they stand.

As I said I’m my original post, the club could have avoided this fall out by not being so ambiguous with the details. 

Doesn't read that way to me. It reads like they're going to liaise with the supporters clubs and discuss what's a reasonable amount. Like I said before, if you generally run a small bus and ask for  a huge chunk of the tickets then you'll probably be told promptly where to go.

Edited by Fletch

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

For the record, I know Cammy and he's not getting any tickets from a bus so he's impartial on this.

For the record I’ve deleted that last post but too late to prevent it being quoted.

No point fans who care about the club squabbling with each other and I’m now embarrassed to have been part of it.

IMO ballot was fairer but leaving it at that and staying off the forums now