Capacity of stadium at Rhyll

Bigmazey

I have a season ticket and probably go to about 50% of away games, a good fan but not uber levels. I always think we have a hardcore support of around 2-400 who will pretty much go to the moon to watch Killie (County away/Celtic park etc) and I sincerely hope these people manage to get a ticket through this process. I'm not one of these people and have resigned myself to the fact I probably wont get one. 

17 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Why have the club not challenged the size of the stadium? Is there not a rule in place that it has to be over a 1500 capacity? 

Criteria Category 1 Category 2 Category 3 Category 4
Field of play 100 to 105 m long, 64 to 68 m wide (109–115 yd × 70–74 yd) 105 m long, 68 m wide (115 yd × 74 yd)
Minimum size of referee's dressing room N/A 20 square metres (220 sq ft)
Minimum floodlighting to suit broadcaster 800 Eh(lux) horizontal illuminanceuniformity ratios U1h >0.4 and U2h >0.5

350 Ev(lux) vertical illuminance uniformity ratios U1h >0.35 and U2h >0.45

1200 Eh(lux) horizontal illuminance uniformity ratios U1h >04and U2h >0.6

750 Ev(lux) vertical illuminance uniformity ratios U1h >0.4 and U2h >0.45

1400 Eh(lux) horizontal illuminance uniformity ratios U1h >0.5 and U2h >0.7

1000 Ev(lux) vertical illuminance uniformity ratios U1h >0.4 and U2h >0.5

Spectator standing allowed Yes No
Minimum Seated capacity 200 1,500 4,500 8,000
Turnstiles and electronic ticket control system No 1 turnstile per 660 seats
Minimum total VIP seats 50 75 100
VIP parking 20 50 100 150
VIP hospitality area Yes
Closed-circuit television system (CCTV) N/A Yes
Control room N/A Yes yes, with equipped colour monitors connected to CCTV system and displaying live data from ETCS
Minimum media working area 10 working positions 20 working positions 30 working positions
Photographers' working area N/A 15 working positions 20 working positions
Minimum media seating 10, 5 with desks 20, 10 with desks 30, 15 with desks 60, 30 with desks
Minimum space for main camera platform 2 m × 2 m (6.6 ft × 6.6 ft) for 1 camera 4 m × 2 m (13.1 ft × 6.6 ft) for 2 cameras 6 m × 2 m (19.7 ft × 6.6 ft) for at least 3 cameras
Additional camera platforms N/A 2 platforms 2 m × 2 m (6.6 ft × 6.6 ft) for 1 camera each on the 16m lines category 3 + one platform on the opposite stand from main camera platform
and 2 platforms 2 m × 2 m (6.6 ft × 6.6 ft) behind each goal for 1 camera each
Minimum number of commentary positions 1 3 5 10
Minimum number of TV studios 1 2 2, at least 1 with a view of the pitch
Minimum post-match interview positions N/A 4, each 4 by 3 metres (13.1 ft × 9.8 ft)
Minimum outside broadcast van area 300 m2(3,200 sq ft) 400 m2 (4,300 sq ft) 600 m2 (6,500 sq ft) 1,000 m2 (11,000 sq ft)
Minimum number of seats in press conferenceroom N/A 20 30 50
Minimum size for mixed zone N/A large enough for at least 50 media representatives

Screenshot_2019-06-26-08-05-53.jpg

9 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Nobody is saying you won't get a chance. Nobody knows the figures that will be to the buses. You just need to sit back, calm down and see how this pans out.

If the tickets were sold on a one per season ticket holder at the shop that would still be viewed as preferential because a lot of people cannot make it to Rugby Park to buy a ticket on sale time because of work or where they live. It doesn't matter what way you cut it, 800 won't satisfy thousands people will always miss out no matter how regularly they attend.

This isn't the solution that suits you but trying to get tickets to people who go every week home and away by going through supporters clubs isn't uncommon in this situation and is certainly not an unreasonable method.

What is unreasonable is the way you're going on.

I am calm. I was rejected annual leave so I was not in position to go either way.

All I’m interested in is the club making good decisions and continuing its good work rebuilding links with the supporter base. I want people coming back to RP. Look back through this thread: it’s not one or two people jealous of not getting a ticket, it’s a large number of people who think the club has f**ked up and made a decision which is very odd indeed.

8 minutes ago, Last Atari Moron said:

Has there been a European tie played at this ground before. Seems about 50 light of UEFA requirements. 

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Last season I think.

The nomads' secy was surprised to find that there were 300 seats missing, when he did his reccy.

Screenshot_2019-06-25-20-32-01.jpg.9a9c65ee5e178cb34f92643180cf549f.jpg

13 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I am calm. I was rejected annual leave so I was not in position to go either way.

All I’m interested in is the club making good decisions and continuing its good work rebuilding links with the supporter base. I want people coming back to RP. Look back through this thread: it’s not one or two people jealous of not getting a ticket, it’s a large number of people who think the club has f**ked up and made a decision which is very odd indeed.

That would have been the case with any decision. 800 who end up with tickets happy and 1200 upset because they haven't.

It's not an unusual method of offering tickets for people to get tickets through their supporters club. The situation is very odd indeed, the decision is just one of many potential outcomes that would all have caused upset.

16 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

It's not odd though. It's absolutely understandable. A ballot to season ticket holders and you'll have folk moaning that fans who never go to away games are getting to go ahead of those on buses who go up and down the country every week. I sympathise with those who travel to away games by other means but as preciously stated there's no way of recording that or monitoring it. 

What the club have done is ensured that these fans on supporters buses, who by in large are season ticket holders anyway, will get to go to this particular away game. 

It's far from nonsensical. You might not like it but please don't describe it as a somewhat odd or crazy decision, it's anything but. 

8 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I’ve thought this through. The best chance I’ve got is to try and get a game for the nomads. I got a couple of weeks to shift a few stone and and I’ve still got a video of that goal I scored at meadow park in the 1986 Ayrshire BB cup final. Off to the nomad scout tonight. Sorted.

Been reviewed by VAR. 

Goal doesn't stand anymore. 

New decision. 

Penalty Rangers. 

4 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

It's not odd though. It's absolutely understandable. A ballot to season ticket holders and you'll have folk moaning that fans who never go to away games are getting to go ahead of those on buses who go up and down the country every week. I sympathise with those who travel to away games by other means but as preciously stated there's no way of recording that or monitoring it. 

What the club have done is ensured that these fans on supporters buses, who by in large are season ticket holders anyway, will get to go to this particular away game. 

It's far from nonsensical. You might not like it but please don't describe it as a somewhat odd or crazy decision, it's anything but. 

Handing tickets to bus organisers to do with what they want is totally flawed. We only have their word it will have been done legitimately.

The club should be directly distributing tickets.

It’s about as well thought through as the Motherwell mess last season.

Edited by NorfolkG

Everyone in my supporters club (Irvine valley) has a season ticket.  All these folk complaining about season ticket holders missing out and being treated unfairly are waaaaay off the mark.  Join a supporters club.  Make them thrive again.  You don’t need to travel on their bus or attend their end of season functions, but be a member.  The tartan army don’t all travel to Scotland games on one bus.  It’s cheap and the benefits are there for all to see :D

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They aren't.

I don't know how many we are getting but we are having to provide names/details of those who we allocate any tickets to when we are given an allocation.

On the list I've got every single one of them are season ticket holders and I don't think i'll get anywhere near enough to satisfy that list and that includes direct family members who are season tickets holders/travel away/go on bus so don't think for one minute it's a free for all.

Nice of you to have faith in guys that have run buses for fans to travel across Scotland (and beyond) for years (some for decades) though and get nothing but grief in the process.  

I am absolutely NOT saying I don’t have faith in the honesty of others.

I am saying we shouldn’t have put people in this situation as it’s open to accusations.

As for grief, I’ve travelled regularly to games from overseas and down south. I understand what a ball ache following the club can be, especially when we were s**t.

Edited by NorfolkG

4 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I am saying we shouldn’t have put people in this situation as it’s open to accusations.

As for grief, I’ve travelled regularly to games from overseas and down south. I understand what a ball ache following the club can be, especially when we were s**t.

Stop greeting then and join a supporters club 

16 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Handing tickets to bus organisers to do with what they want is totally flawed. We only have their word it will have been done legitimately.

The club should be directly distributing tickets.

It’s about as well thought through as the Motherwell mess last season.

4 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here? You can see why people might think that you are saying that?

For me, a lot of people are missing the point here. People knew that not everyone was going to get a ticket. People never disputed that. People also know that the majority of guys on the supporters buses are season ticket holders and travel to away games. The problem is, that rather than all season ticket holders being given an equal shot of tickets via a ballot or similar (which should be one of the perks of putting your money where your mouth is upfront every season), the club have created a system which rates some more entitled than others. Simply because of how they have travelled to away games. I am really uneasy at that and it has created the divide we have.

Creating fairness and transparency wasn’t hard here. Until such times as we have a points system in place, easiest solution, which has been done by many clubs for many years - season ticket holders indicate they would like to be considered for a ticket, they provide all of their bank details etc. then a draw takes place and they are sent a ticket or collect it if successful. The club takes the money at this stage. If they don't then want it (unlikely in this case) or do not collect / ask for it to be sent by a certain deadline, their ticket goes back into the pot for reallocation. If people are on the reserve list they are informed of this after the original draw has taken place so they have a rough idea of whether or not they might get a ticket if someone drops out. Takes a bit of organising and time, but fundamentally not hard. Of the options selected, this is by far the worst in my opinion.

I should point out, I have absolutely no chance of getting a ticket and I am not a season ticket holder etc. It doesn’t affect me either way. I’m just pissed off for those it does affect as the way chosen isn’t right in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, CB said:

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here? You can see why people might think that you are saying that?

That was my issue.

It was insinuated that those running buses can't be trusted to make sure it's their regulars that get the tickets.

If that was the case, the first folk to moan would be the bloody regulars!

As it stands I've been ushers at two mates weddings recently, go to games with them, have done for years but they don't go to aways on bus every week, so I need to prioritise regulars and they'll miss out from bus allocation. They know this and have no complaints. 5 years ago they were regulars and would have been shoe ins but I need to be fair.

I'm sure Jim, at Killie Club, Jim at Ardrossan etc will all be exactly the same.

Not sure why I'm even trying to justify myself but some of the mud slung on here in the past 24hrs makes you wonder why you even bother.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

3 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

No.

I am saying that this policy leaves people open to accusations of favouritism.

I am accusing no one of dishonesty.

Any method is open to abuse. For example a season ticket sale allows folk with season tickets that cant go to buy for mates without season tickets (even mates that hardly go at all). 

At least this way you know its most likley the die hards that will get the briefs. 

4 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Any method is open to abuse. For example a season ticket sale allows folk with season tickets that cant go to buy for mates without season tickets (even mates that hardly go at all). 

At least this way you know its most likley the die hards that will get the briefs. 

Describe a die hard?

This was always going to be a difficult problem for the club to solve as demand was going to easily outstrip supply. I can see why they have taken the decision they have - supporters clubs are a big part of the fabric of the club. 

For anyone who doesn't get a ticket hopefully they will be able to cancel their travel plans / accommodation at minimal or no cost and will be able to get along to the home game or even away to Belgrade.  

Its very easy to be critical of the club but they were in a no win situation as whatever decision they took many fans were going to be left disappointed and let's be honest most will view the club's decision purely through the lens of self interest.