Capacity of stadium at Rhyll

Bigmazey

11 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Thanks for that. Was surprised that they were giving concessions and juniors and assumed they were trying to maximise income based on the hospitality prices which were previously quoted as £300 per person which sounds incredibly steep!!

Counting on desparate fans paying through the nose without question, like old firm turnstile fodder

43 minutes ago, skygod said:

According to Killie Conman much further up this thread, UEFA stipulate that any alternate venue must be within the same association as the host club, ie FA of Wales in this case. 

Chester come under the FA. 

It can be played outwith the host club’s FA in exceptional circumstances but those would be for UEFA to decide. 

It is defines it as being within the 'home territory' of the association, so not clear really (to me at least) whether they mean geographical territory or under the auspices of the FAW. 

Wrexham was suggested as an alternative. 

Are Wrexham in the FAW? They play in Welsh cup competitions but the English leagues. 

29 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

You’ve been put in a difficult position. I disagree with how this has been done and how it has been communicated, but on an individual basis no one deserves a ticket more than yourself. You go beyond the call of duty for Killie. You’re sincerely, boring old c*nt :hurrah:

Ha, I'll meet you in Rhyll with your ticket.

(That was a joke, I'd love to have tickets for everyone but sadly out my hands)

Im going to give my view on this.

1. I think the decision to give the supporters buses a limited amount of tickets was the right thing to do. Only to those with seasons. The people who run these go above and beyond getting people in some cases not there mates to and from games safely. It will give a group of people who travel to games together usually far and wide the opportunity to travel to a game together and sit together in Wales.

2. The number given to the supporters buses wont be as many as the other season ticket holders will get I would imagine. I believe the official communication was worded could of been better then it would of been clearer to all.

3. How you deal with the reaming tickets being allocated to season ticket holders I for one aint sure of the best way to achieve this however I don't think a 1 ticket ballot answer would work. What would not sure.

4. Game should never been allowed to of been played at such a small ground.

5. Its a shame there would be people disappointed I may be one of those but its time to all get behind the team now and support.

6. KTID AWFAANW.

16 minutes ago, Shortie said:

4. Game should never been allowed to of been played at such a small ground.

This part here is rubbish imo. It’s up to CQN where the game is played if it meets UEFA requirements, they are the home team.  We just have to deal with the tickets we are allocated.  Again, nobody forced people to go ahead and book hotels and travel without a ticket.

Just catching up with this thread and haven’t had time to read it all so apologies if what I say has already been covered. For a variety of reasons I was never going to be able to make this game anyway, so I can maybe view it a bit more dispassionately that if I’d been potentially missing out on a ticket.

For me the main issue is the way this has been communicated by the club. They haven’t so far made any effort to evidence that they have given much thought to the decision at all, or to justify their reasons for distributing tickets in this way. This has created a perception (rightly or wrongly) that the club are taking it for granted that those who go to games on supporter’s buses are somehow the most deserving of a ticket, which has understandably pissed some people off. A bit more explanation and evidence that they had considered alternatives could have made all the difference to how this went down.

It would be very helpful if the club would explain their reasons for making this decision and acknowledge people’s concerns. Hopefully that will happen over the next few days. As has already been said, there was never going to be a perfect solution and there were always going to be people who felt the system for getting tickets was unfair but the club could still have handled it better. Fingers crossed we get plenty more European trips over the coming years and everyone who wants to will get a chance to experience them.

Edited by killie89

UEFA are right to allow all their member countries to participate in the competitions.

But there seems to me to be something wrong when a club with a capacity of 420 seats can be in the same round as one with a support the size of, say, Rangers.

All very well to say that Wrexham's Racecourse Ground would normally be available but that is subject to Wrexham's own requirements.

Even the alternative venue at Rhyl barely makes UEFA's minimum requirement of 1,500 seats. 

These are non-league grounds hosting European competitions. I'm all for clubs progressing based on merit but there has to be sensible ground requirements in place. I don't think 1,500 seats when the competition rules limit capacity to seated areas is realistic.

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

UEFA are right to allow all their member countries to participate in the competitions.

But there seems to me to be something wrong when a club with a capacity of 420 seats can be in the same round as one with a support the size of, say, Rangers.

All very well to say that Wrexham's Racecourse Ground would normally be available but that is subject to Wrexham's own requirements.

Even the alternative venue at Rhyl barely makes UEFA's minimum requirement of 1,500 seats. 

These are non-league grounds hosting European competitions. I'm all for clubs progressing based on merit but there has to be sensible ground requirements in place. I don't think 1,500 seats when the competition rules limit capacity to seated areas is realistic.

Exactly, open the terracing and no problem as I would expect everyone getting a ticket that wouldntravel. I'm sure the local constabulary would prefer everyone in one place and off the drink for a couple of hours. They make exceptions all the time so why not on this one? 

29 minutes ago, Silent Bob said:

This part here is rubbish imo. It’s up to CQN where the game is played if it meets UEFA requirements, they are the home team.  We just have to deal with the tickets we are allocated.  Again, nobody forced people to go ahead and book hotels and travel without a ticket.

That was just my opinion. UEFA should have better rules in place to increase stadia capacity for these types of games.

3 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Exactly, open the terracing and no problem as I would expect everyone getting a ticket that wouldntravel. I'm sure the local constabulary would prefer everyone in one place and off the drink for a couple of hours. They make exceptions all the time so why not on this one? 

CQN would be fined into oblivion. European competition rules dictate all seaters only.

Where safe standing is concerned, day of the match, all seats would be in the down position. Now, there are ways and means round that (allen key/tie it up with a scarf...). But seating has to be provided for attendees at european games.

37 minutes ago, killie89 said:

Just catching up with this thread and haven’t had time to read it all so apologies if what I say has already been covered. For a variety of reasons I was never going to be able to make this game anyway, so I can maybe view it a bit more dispassionately that if I’d been potentially missing out on a ticket.

For me the main issue is the way this has been communicated by the club. They haven’t so far made any effort to evidence that they have given much thought to the decision at all, or to justify their reasons for distributing tickets in this way. This has created a perception (rightly or wrongly) that the club are taking it for granted that those who go to games on supporter’s buses are somehow the most deserving of a ticket, which has understandably pissed some people off. A bit more explanation and evidence that they had considered alternatives could have made all the difference to how this went down.

It would be very helpful if the club would explain their reasons for making this decision and acknowledge people’s concerns. Hopefully that will happen over the next few days. As has already been said, there was never going to be a perfect solution and there were always going to be people who felt the system for getting tickets was unfair but the club could still have handled it better. Fingers crossed we get plenty more European trips over the coming years and everyone who wants to will get a chance to experience them.

A ballot of season ticket holders would have been much fairer. 

I don't know why the club have decided to pursue a course that denies a significant number of supporters any opportunity of a ticket. 

It's like something MJ would have come up with. 

I'm not going to the games so this doesn't affect me but I feel sorry for the genuine fans who drive to away games. 

The people of Rhyl will be amazed if they ever get to see this thread !

It's been nearly 50 years since  people have fought so hard to get there.

This once proud Welsh resort now resembles Saltcoats without the glitz , glamour and razzamataz !

The angst, passion and unbridled fury that has been displayed on this site

as Killie fans slog it out to be among those few, those chosen few, who will make it all the way to Rhyl,

would astound even the most ardent member of the Rhyl tourist board.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor rundown rhyl

yeah I really haven't liked seeing.......

ive been a season for 1000 years

I travel to the moon and back

I haven't missed a game ever etc. etc.

doesn't make any person the biggest Killie fan - most would imagine they were however some peoples circumstances change things doesn't make them any less of a fan

Loads of season ticket holders dont go to any away games.  Some folk only go to away games.  Impossible to please everyone. If you pay at the gate 90% of the home games and dont have a season ticket do you deserve to miss out? No. No one deserves to miss out in an ideal world. But this is not an ideal world. Just get behind the team either way!!

4 hours ago, Killiekranky said:

The people of Rhyl will be amazed if they ever get to see this thread !

It's been nearly 50 years since  people have fought so hard to get there.

This once proud Welsh resort now resembles Saltcoats without the glitz , glamour and razzamataz !

The angst, passion and unbridled fury that has been displayed on this site

as Killie fans slog it out to be among those few, those chosen few, who will make it all the way to Rhyl,

would astound even the most ardent member of the Rhyl tourist board.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor rundown rhyl

I went to Pontins in the 1980s and it was great. Fell in love with an English girl in a ra-ra skirt but didn’t have the courage to speak to her. 

Was hoping to make her acquaintance this time round but sadly won’t be going to game.