Trip to Serbia

Bullitt

Most options look like long trips at least one way, including at least one stop. Probably best if the stop is somewhere you can nip into see, like Munich. Unless I’m missing something. Accommodation, eats, drinks, ground capacity all seem in order. Wish we knew when it was to get on with it. Prices probably won’t shoot up with our numbers and the varied travel routes. 

7 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Most options look like long trips at least one way, including at least one stop. Probably best if the stop is somewhere you can nip into see, like Munich. Unless I’m missing something. Accommodation, eats, drinks, ground capacity all seem in order. Wish we knew when it was to get on with it. Prices probably won’t shoot up with our numbers and the varied travel routes. 

Aye, it's annoying as just want it sorted then you can look forward to it.

3 or 4 days over there will cost peanuts for drink etc, so kinda levels out the expense of getting there.

I posted this on P&B but will leave it here as well in case anyone's interested. 

For things to do in Belgrade other than the football, the fortress is incredible for a wander around. Avoid the dungeons tour though, they had a torture exhibit on when we went and 2 years later I still haven't quite recovered.

Other than that the Tesla museum is decent and generally the bars and restaurants are pretty dead on. It's a closed currency in Serbia so you can only take out Dinar when you're over there but a pint costs about the equivalent of £1-1.50. The nightlife strip is by the river front quite far out of town so it's a taxi ride away but pretty decent.

Watch out for bars and restaurants scamming you out of additional tax in the receipts. We had it a few times where the receipt was in Cyrillic and the waiter tried to convince us to add the VAT on to the bill even though it had already been included.

When I went last time it was a megabus to Luton then flight to Belgrade which wasn't awful. Belgrade Airport is a taxi journey away from the city but wasn't too pricey and there's loads of cheap accommodation available in the centre. 

The city itself is amazing. It seems to be a mixture of some very modern buildings which can be right beside the rubble remains of somewhere that was bombed in the war. 

Edited by KillieDIV

On 6/19/2019 at 1:40 PM, Bullitt said:

OK gents, I'm going!

Flights from London are less than they are from Glasgow and for £250 you can be there within three hours, although probably best paying extra to head from Edin/Gla

Question is, who else is up for going and can we look at sharing digs etc to keep the other costs down?

right, think all that want/need to share digs (going on my own) need to be co-ordinated here, who's all up for sharing?