Trip to Serbia

Bullitt

I'm flying out solo as flights the rest of my lot are taking sold out by the time I went to book them.

Tues-Fri from Heathrow with Lufthansa via Munich (£140). Train from Glasgow to London (£60). 

I have a sofa bed in my flat by Heathrow if any Killie fans need a free overnighter on the Monday or Friday first come first served.

Likely to be an unpopular idea, but here goes..

For those of you holding off booking flights until we know we're through to the next round (appreciate its a huge outlay for some), you could possibly bet against Killie in the CQ match to cover some or all of your flight booking costs in the event of us being eliminated. Bit of an insurance policy if you like against been stuck with flights you're no longer bothered about using, having blown your annual holiday budget. Might allow you to book earlier and save money. Haven't looked at the odds right enough.

40 minutes ago, Killiegram said:

Likely to be an unpopular idea, but here goes..

For those of you holding off booking flights until we know we're through to the next round (appreciate its a huge outlay for some), you could possibly bet against Killie in the CQ match to cover some or all of your flight booking costs in the event of us being eliminated. Bit of an insurance policy if you like against been stuck with flights you're no longer bothered about using, having blown your annual holiday budget. Might allow you to book earlier and save money. Haven't looked at the odds right enough.

We will qualify easily by around 6 goals —— if not , well there’s no if not 

5 minutes ago, Gallus said:

It's looking like the night train from Budapest to Belgrade for us and it sounds dodgy as fcuk (which adds to the experience)

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294472-i6206-k5575699-Beware_night_train_from_belgrade_to_budapest-Belgrade.html

i read a story about that earlier today, sounds like you may need some of those "skills" you were asking about the other day haha

https://traveldrinkdine.com/europe/the-infamous-budapest-to-belgrade-overnight-train-i-survived/

Edited by Chardee MacDennis

6 minutes ago, Chardee MacDennis said:

i read a story about that earlier today, sounds like you may need some of those "skills" you were asking about the other day haha

https://traveldrinkdine.com/europe/the-infamous-budapest-to-belgrade-overnight-train-i-survived/

Ha ha, the more I read about the 'infamous night train' the more I want on it.

I haven't been able to reply to you properly as it's not 100% I can get the time off work yet.

If I can, and you're still going on your tod and if you're up for the night train we can mibe sort it out.

9 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

I've been on that train before, was a great laugh! The guards at the border are absolutely terrifying but other than that there wasn't an issue. We had a lockable cabin though which is probably advisable, plus plenty of beer. 

From what I've read the lock on the cabin doesn't really make any difference as the conductors are corrupt, folk are securing it with iron bars etc.

You should do some googling, it's quite interesting and the that fact you have been on it you will be able to picture exactly what folk are on about.

Flights booked to Belgrade £360. 4 star Hotel (Garni Hotel Crystal) that offers transport from the airport, £30 a night, 1km from City Centre and 1km from the stadium.

:2: Edinburgh > Frankfurt (4 Hour wait) > Belgrade, then Belgrade > Munich (1h 30 min wait) > Edinburgh.

BUZZING!!!!!!

On 6/21/2019 at 9:08 AM, Nigel4 said:

4 of us flying Edinburgh-Budapest on the Wednesday. Night in Budapest, then 3 hour drive to Belgrade. Travel back to Budapest on the Friday. Flights were £208 when we booked on Wednesday

Are you getting a transfer or hiring a car? 

Only bus i can make would be the 11pm -arrive 06:00am in Belgrade on matchday,  and the night train has been cancelled due to line upgrade.1 train per day at the moment at midday.