Trip to Serbia

Bullitt

On 6/23/2019 at 2:09 AM, Partizan said:

Hey guys, I am writing from Serbia, I am Partizan fan and if you need any informations about city or trip, you can write here and I will answer.

Hope you will have good time here in Belgrade. (and lose the game ;))

Hi Partizan. I was looking at flying to Timisoara and getting bus/train from there to Belgrade on Thursday, back on Friday but other travellers seem to say the railway no longer goes to Timisoara. Do you know if that is the case and if there is only a bus connection how long does it take and cost Timisoara to Belgrade and back ? Thanks. 

23 minutes ago, Partizan said:

I am 90% sure that there is no more train on relation Belgrade-Timisoara. But there is bus every day (3-4 lines per day via Vrsac). It is 3 hours trip from Timisoara to Belgrade, and bus ticket cost about 15-20$ in one way.

@Skygod

You never know with our fans... There is not going to be organized travel, that is for sure, we need visa for Scotland, so it is not easy to organise trip from Serbia to Great Britain. Also, a lot of people (like me) are probably spending money for other rounds (hoping that we are going through Q2) because we do not have so much money to travel regularly on away games in Europe. Average salary here is about 350-400$. But also I am sure that there will be ex-pats and people who are going to travel individualy with friends. So yeah, I expect to see few hundreds of our fans in Scotland. There is always our fans on away games in Europe, at least 100-200.

Also, if you are coming in Belgrade, you will be really impressed... I travelled across Europe and Belgrade is definitly one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Also, alcohol and food is really cheap for your standard. Beer (0,5l) is about 2$ in all pubs or bars, burgers are 1,5$... And food is delicious. Also, if you are staying few days, night life in Belgrade is one of the best in Europe. It is really hard to describe, you need to see it. So, if you are coming for fews days and you are first time in Belgrade, so many things to see during day, and very crazy and live night life.

OK, thanks. 

On 6/22/2019 at 9:09 PM, Partizan said:

Hey guys, I am writing from Serbia, I am Partizan fan and if you need any informations about city or trip, you can write here and I will answer.

Hope you will have good time here in Belgrade. (and lose the game ;))

Is public transportation reliable and safe? How late do buses and trains run?

21 minutes ago, RayD said:

Is public transportation reliable and safe? How late do buses and trains run?

Very reliable. No problems there, sometimes there is big traffic because there is no metro in Belgrade, but it is safe as everywhere in the world. And there is so many buses and trams, so you do not need to wait long... 5-10mins.

Buses and trams are available from 6AM to 12PM, but there is also night lines but they are driving only to center of the city. But there is cabs of course if you need to go from one part of the city to another between 1AM and 6AM.

You can buy daily ticket (valid for all buses and trams for that day) and it cost only 2$. You can buy it in every kiosk shop in city.

Just now, Partizan said:

Very reliable. No problems there, sometimes there is big traffic because there is no metro in Belgrade, but it is safe as everywhere in the world. And there is so many buses and trams, so you do not need to wait long... 5-10mins.

Buses and trams are available from 6AM to 12PM, but there is also night lines but they are driving only to center of the city. But there is cabs of course if you need to go from one part of the city to another between 1AM and 6AM.

You can buy daily ticket (valid for all buses and trams for that day) and it cost only 2$. You can buy it in every kiosk shop in city.

Thanks, appreciate the help :hurrah:

3 hours ago, Partizan said:

Hi, can you get a taxi to and from the game. We are in Hotel Tesla. 

Whats the best way to get from the city centre to Partizan stadium?

10 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Hi, can you get a taxi to and from the game. We are in Hotel Tesla. 

Very tough, it is not easy to find one close to the stadium after the game because of traffic. If game finish before 11:30PM, you will find a bus easily. Three or four bus stations in 300-500m range from stadium. But from Hotel Tesla to stadium, you have 20 minutes of walking, so you can learn route before the game. It is easy path, mostly straight line.

@Cammy2012

Bus or tram is easisest way. You can pay taxi, but it will cost about 10$. Taxi is really expensive in Belgrade. Bus cost 0,75$ in one way, but like I said, for 2$ you can buy daily ticket for all buses and trams.

Very tough, it is not easy to find one close to the stadium after the game because of traffic. If game finish before 11:30PM, you will find a bus easily. Three or four bus stations in 300-500m range from stadium. But from Hotel Tesla to stadium, you have 20 minutes of walking, so you can learn route before the game. It is easy path, mostly straight line.

@Cammy2012

Bus or tram is easisest way. You can pay taxi, but it will cost about 10$. Taxi is really expensive in Belgrade. Bus cost 0,75$ in one way, but like I said, for 2$ you can buy daily ticket for all buses and trams.

Thanks.

@Cammy2012

Great thanks:hurrah:

8 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

@Partizan Can you advise the best method of getting Dinar, I have looked at the normal currency shops here and cannot  source it, or would we be best to bring Euro or English Sterling notes

it's a closed currency, you can only get it in Serbia.  Alternatively look at revolut, it's what i've used in the past and will be using it over there

13 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

@Partizan Can you advise the best method of getting Dinar, I have looked at the normal currency shops here and cannot  source it, or would we be best to bring Euro or English Sterling notes

Last time I was in Belgrade I took out a small amount of Dinar in the airport to cover the taxi then took out more in the city.