Trip to Serbia

Bullitt

2 hours ago, scooosh77 said:

Anyone who’s booked recently what flights have you taken and how much were they?

Spending ages trying to find the cheapest flights there! Haha 

Check out kiwi.com for cheapest options but be prepared for several changes on route.

Probably best getting yourself to Heathrow and on to Belgrade from there.

....or you could look at going on the club charter as has been mentioned elsewhere....details out soon once passage to next round is achieved.

31 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Last time i was in Belgrade about 15 years ago IS Republic Square not an administration centre theres no bars or restaurants nearby where killie fans can refresh themselves

We won't go thirsty in Belgrade ;)  Can't recall the bar situation in the vicinity of the square but there will be plenty of options nearby if the square is where we will all be meeting up prior to heading to the game.

2 hours ago, scooosh77 said:

Anyone who’s booked recently what flights have you taken and how much were they?

Spending ages trying to find the cheapest flights there! Haha 

I found leaving from Edinburgh was cheaper than Glasgow. I booked two separate return trips rather than all together which worked out cheaper as well. We go Edinburgh-Heathrow-Belgrade on the Wednesday evening and back on the Friday. 

A word of advice on taxis from Belgrade airport - when I was there 2 years ago you needed to buy a taxi ticket at a kiosk in the airport and give it to the driver outside. It took us ages to figure out what was going on last time as no one spoke English and the drivers just kept saying 'no' and pointing to the airport. It's probably worth having the name and address of your hotel written down as explaining that to the people at the kiosk was pretty arduous as well.

35 minutes ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

We won't go thirsty in Belgrade ;)  Can't recall the bar situation in the vicinity of the square but there will be plenty of options nearby if the square is where we will all be meeting up prior to heading to the game.

There's no bars really in the square plus most of it is shut off for renovation right now. However, best bet for bars would likely be the Bohemian district which is about 5-10 minutes walk from the square.

28 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

A word of advice on taxis from Belgrade airport - when I was there 2 years ago you needed to buy a taxi ticket at a kiosk in the airport and give it to the driver outside. It took us ages to figure out what was going on last time as no one spoke English and the drivers just kept saying 'no' and pointing to the airport. It's probably worth having the name and address of your hotel written down as explaining that to the people at the kiosk was pretty arduous as well.

£4 on mini bus 30mins regular service for me

2 hours ago, piffer said:

I found leaving from Edinburgh was cheaper than Glasgow. I booked two separate return trips rather than all together which worked out cheaper as well. We go Edinburgh-Heathrow-Belgrade on the Wednesday evening and back on the Friday. 

Yeah I was sorting out the way to and from separately seemed to be easier in terms of lining up flight times as well! 

This is probably what I’m gonna go for, was trying to find the best way back from Belgrade price wise but seems to be around about the same price as it would be just to fly straight to Glasgow! Haha can’t see me getting anything for less than 400 now :( 

9A5B335E-22F7-4ACE-988C-8012F763BA65.png

5 hours ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

A recommended place to go is to Knez Mihaiolova the main pedestrian boulevard especially the side street Obilicev Venac old part of the city numerous bars and cafes not far from Republic square