Iceland

Iceland were superbly organised and ran themselves into the ground, meanwhile dire England were typified by their overpaid and over rated donkey of a winger tandem sterling who simply ran about without any direction of course what to do with the round thing at his feet.

£3.5m to Hodgson for that! £70k a week when, most weeks, he might just watch a couple of matches.

Shameful. He should give it back.

Fanny Hoddle going on about Iceland's long throw-ins from the 1980s; next thing I see, Walker is hurling it in 40 yards!

Someone called Hart the World's Best Keeper earlier in the tournament (and wasn't challenged). It was probably when Bale scored. I laughed then but it's even funnier now. Almost every keeper in the tournament has been better than him.

All the work done praising Sterling and building his confidence worked well, didn't it?!

Edited by skygod

Sterling is a joke. If he was a foreigner you'd be lucky if someone payed £20million for him. All English players values are over inflated because they are English not because they are good. Guys like Mourinho, Wenger and even Fergie have been saying it for years but because of the money being banded about in the EPL and now championship it's a beast that's gone out of control. 

10 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Iceland were superbly organised and ran themselves into the ground, meanwhile dire England were typified by their overpaid and over rated donkey of a winger tandem sterling who simply ran about without any direction of course what to do with the round thing at his feet.

We should be looking at our own overpaid and over rated players and asking them, why they meekly rolled over to get their tummies tickled in qualifying, while a country with less than the population of Fife, is doing their country proud. 

Pride, or the lack off, -both national and personal, would be my guess. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

We should be looking at our own overpaid and over rated players and asking them, why they meekly rolled over to get their tummies tickled in qualifying, while a country with less than the population of Fife, is doing their country proud. 

Pride, or the lack off, -both national and personal, would be my guess. 

1.  Organisation and coach who can teach it.

2.  Ability to make a system work with what you have - reasonably limited guys who all work life fook for each other.

3.  Lack of an obsession with players form certain clubs - it doesn't matter who you play for, if youre good enough and fit the pattern youre in.

There's another three for starters

2 hours ago, Sandman396 said:

He is not that bad surely?

I honestly think he is.  All he can do is run quickly in one direction.  He cant cross, shoot, pass or even control the ball.  He seems to have no idea what he is meant to do and no overall plan of what we will do when he gets the ball.

massively overhyped sprinter who happens to have a ball at his feet

Iceland are an inspiration.

I have also been really impressed with the Italians.

It goes without saying we are no where near as good as Italy of course. 

But they have a very defined style and despite not being the best Italian players we've seen; they all seem to know exactly what their role is in the team.

Soctland need to get a set style of play and get the players drilled into playing it.

The start of Strachans tenure we seemed to be going in the right direction. Then he brought Fletcher in for Naismith up front and realied to heavily on the usual suspects such as Whittaker.

We seem to lack in central midfield and centreback. We have good young fullbacks who need to be played everygame and ditch Hutton Whittaker etc.

Attacking midfield we have Anya, Snodgrass, Ritchie in attaking mid and a few other good players and I think Naismith should be playing almost as a false nine. 

Courtesy of The Daily Mash

TRIBUTES are being paid to Scotland this evening after the entire country laughed itself to death.

The alarm was first raised at around 10pm last night as thousands of phone calls and text messages went unanswered.

Small groups of volunteers from Berwick-Upon-Tweed and Carlisle ventured north just after midnight only to find houses full of dead people gathered around still blaring television sets.

As RAF helicopters flew over deserted city streets, it was clear that the whole country had suffered a catastrophic abdominal rupture.

Wayne Hayes, a special constable from Northumberland, said: “We went into one house in Dunbar and found three men sitting on the sofa with huge smiles on their faces, still holding cans of 70 shilling. They seemed to be at peace.”

He added: “In a house near Edinburgh we found a man face down on the living room floor with his trousers and pants round his knees. It seems he may have been showing his bare buttocks to the television when he keeled over.”

Roy Hobbs, a civil engineer from Northampton, said: “I got a call from my friend Ian in Stirling. He was already laughing when I answered the phone, but after a few moments of the most vigorous and uncontrollable hilarity, everything suddenly went very quiet.”

Moving tributes are already being placed along the Scotland-England border with many mourners opting to leave a simple bag of chips or a deep fried bunch of flowers.