Mark O’Hara

17 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

How the f**k does AA know anything about him?? If that’s the quality or type of player on his radar then his scout must be same person who decided ticket allocations 

The club has a scout judging a thread the other day. I would imagine it is his job to scour the country and maybe pick up talent that the gaffer and his contacts would maybe not know much about.

O'Hara wasn't anything special but he was ok and he was capable of covering several positions.  We should've kept him at the time he left.

Now I think our sights are set a bit higher and we give AA time to assess and add to the squad.  Iain Wilson is the Mark O'Hara of today with his versatility... however that could also become his failing.

I always really like Mark O'Hara when he was with us, felt he showed a great versatility and unusual composure for someone so young.  He seems, though, to have a habit of going into a new club like a lion and out like a lamb, which I don't really understand.  His early form at Dundee was outstanding, but by the end of his time there he was last seen (by me at least) jogging sportingly alongside his pal Wilson while the latter slid in an unlikely finish in that 3-2 win at RP.

Regardless, I would definitely have given him another go...until I saw the cost.  As ludicrous as it is when one of our league rivals is rejecting £15m bids as derisory for an injured player, we can't afford to take any chances on a player that's going to cost as (comparatively) little as £100k.  Any player that we bring in for that kind of money, for me, has to arrive with a degree of assurance that it'll be worthwhile, and regrettably I don't feel that way about him.

Hope he gets a good move and kicks on.

I liked O’Hara when he was here. IMO part of his problem was he was too versatile so managers shunted him all over. He seemed a quiet guy who wouldn’t complain. I think he could bring something to our side but I wouldn’t spend £100k to get him. 

I know people will have a problem with us looking at certain players and feel it’s going backwards but IMO it’s a good thing. The transfer market is a big place. We have to use the whole thing to get the best for Killie. That may be a wonder kid from Inter or a reject from Peterborough. There is no perfect formula. AA has to find the right guys for him just as SSC did.

Didn't Lee Clark bin him because he claimed his attitude was poor and his off field behaviour wasn't great? 

Seemed strange at the time as he didn't seem the type from the outside looking in. LC also signed JJ who is a complete wank off the park so who knows what really went on.

I would take O'Hara back for a small fee/free but not for anywhere near 100k

9 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Didn't Lee Clark bin him because he claimed his attitude was poor and his off field behaviour wasn't great? 

I thought it was the opposite - someone challenged Clark to that effect and he said something along the lines "no that's rubbish, his attitude was exemplary but I want better players and believe I can get them". As it turned out he was able to get 3 players who I would say WERE better, but 348 who were pish.

4 hours ago, boydiesback said:

How the f**k does AA know anything about him?? If that’s the quality or type of player on his radar then his scout must be same person who decided ticket allocations 

Probably knows as much as you do in the 3 years since he left us. Has it ever occurred to you that a player can develop after aged 20?

2 hours ago, boydiesback said:

He cost us the goal at Falkirk in first leg of play off and was binned for next game

Clark was a vindictive little bastard. 

Did the same to Balatoni after Inverness. 

My lasting memory of that game is Obadeyi fluffing a 1 on 1 and leaving the ground wondering how we had lost the game. 

2 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Clark was a vindictive little bastard. 

Did the same to Balatoni after Inverness. 

My lasting memory of that game is Obadeyi fluffing a 1 on 1 and leaving the ground wondering how we had lost the game. 

I agree Clark was vindictive. Had Balatoni not been at fault for a few goals in the run up to really selling the jerseys that day at ICT. Cost us a pen and the keeper. 

Watching the highlights on YouTube the goal was Falkirk'sonly real effort of note. We should have won by a couple and thankfully we were much more clinical second leg.