Mark O’Hara

2 minutes ago, CB said:

O'Hara's previous performances in our man of the match standings are:

2012/13: (from 20 games) = 5th with Harkins on 15 points

2013/14: (from 16 games) = 18th with Ruben Gabriel, Barry Nicholson & Willy Gros on 5 points

2014/15: (from 18 games) =9th with Chris Chantler & Chris Johnston on 13 points

2015/16: (from 34 games) 4th on 30 points.

Some real names in there!

1 hour ago, Dazza said:

He was a left back.

He was and he was signed from Carlisle. 

Looked decent early on (doesn’t every new signing?!) but he picked up an injury and his contract wasn’t renewed. 

From memory, I think he’d has a bad injury at Carlisle too. 

Now at Spennymoor Town. 

16 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Really don't get this one. I'll trust the manager, but I don't get it

If he hasn't been at Killie before we'd be looking at it and saying - nearly 200 senior games and he's still only 23, can play in a few different positions and has played at a good level - and be positive about how it looked on paper. People are being blinded by the fact he was dicked around as a young lad at Killie by never getting a sustained run in one position which led to sometimes erratic performances. We never once played him in the role he's best for, and when he was played there by Dundee he was good at this level. Can only imagine with even better players and with more of an education from down south too that he'll be a good signing.

9 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

If he hasn't been at Killie before we'd be looking at it and saying - nearly 200 senior games and he's still only 23, can play in a few different positions and has played at a good level - and be positive about how it looked on paper. People are being blinded by the fact he was dicked around as a young lad at Killie by never getting a sustained run in one position which led to sometimes erratic performances. We never once played him in the role he's best for, and when he was played there by Dundee he was good at this level. Can only imagine with even better players and with more of an education from down south too that he'll be a good signing.

If he wasn't at killie before we wouldn't be interested in the slightest. The people that are blinded are the ones who are happy to accept mediocre players because they came through with us. As said above Dundee fans don't rate him either. Doubt he'll get a game anyway and if he does and he's meant to be the goal threat we're waiting for then we're in trouble 

Edited by Killie lad

17 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

If he wasn't at killie before we wouldn't be interested in the slightest. The people that are blinded are the ones who are happy to accept mediocre players because they came through with us. As said above Dundee fans don't rate him either. Doubt he'll get a game anyway and if he does and he's meant to be the goal threat we're waiting for then we're in trouble 

What Dundee fans think means f**k all to me, tbh.

I'm judging him based on what I feel he can offer the team we have here at this moment in time. He provides a box-to-box presence that we don't currently have, and that ability to run beyond the last defender and importantly, put the ball in the net. He'll also provide a link between the midfield and front three, Brophy especially, that we're missing dreadfully atm. Someone put together two wee compilations of his time at Dundee, and we do need that type of player IMO. Look at the goals at 2:08 and 2:43 in the second video as examples of a centre mid type that we don't have.

It's hugely disrespectful to say he's "mediocre" too, By your reasoning most of our best players in recent years would have been labelled as that too. Plus, nobody is saying he's going to be our main goal threat or the man tasked with scoring all our goals, that'll fall to the striker(s) we bring in. But he will offer more of a threat than anyone in our current midfield does, and that's only a good thing.

30 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

If he wasn't at killie before we wouldn't be interested in the slightest.

Don't really get this, Alessio wouldn't know him from before so why would it make a difference to him that he'd played with us previously? Do you think he's gone around looking for ex-players to see who he can bring back? Hardly think so.

14 minutes ago, blues said:

Don't really get this, Alessio wouldn't know him from before so why would it make a difference to him that he'd played with us previously? Do you think he's gone around looking for ex-players to see who he can bring back? Hardly think so.

So you think it's just a happy coincidence we're in for him? You think alessios been watching Lincoln city and said "That O'Hara looks a player" 

Edited by Killie lad

What he’s done in the past is completely irrelevant now. It what he does in the future for us. We’ve seen plenty of players written off in the past go on to be standouts. We’ve been excited about guys who have been total flops. 

We wont know until he plays bur Alessio might be the man to get the most out of the player. 

1 minute ago, Killie lad said:

Hows it disrespectful to say hes mediocre? He's mediocre. Even if you're ok with the signing you can't say he's shown to be anything other than that. By all means you don't need to take the opinion of Dundee fans but it just backs up my personal feelings of him. 

In my opinion, he's not. In yours, he is. Cool. It's interesting you've not replied to any points I made about what he can offer as a footballer to our team right now. 

1 minute ago, Killie lad said:

So you think it's just a happy coincidence we're on for him? 

No, I think Alessio, Dyer and Donati know the type of midfielder we need and given the market we're shopping in have identified O'Hara as someone to fit that bill. I honestly don't think AA is dumb enough to base his signing policy on guys that played here before.