Fan Zone?

Darryl1869

1 minute ago, Kilmarnock1997 said:

Gees peace ya diddy. Folk from Glasgow and Edinburgh dont deserve one because they dont get buses?

If they went on buses they would potentially get one. That’s literally their own fault for choosing to travel alternative ways. Didn’t say they didn’t deserve one

Just now, Killieboykfc said:

So if I want to go to away games I need to drive from bellshill to killie to get a bus. Stop talking out your f**king arse.

Ideally No, you would organise your own bus for your local area. 

But as you have chosen to drive rather than go on a supporters bus for example you have forfeited the chance of a ticket. That’s clearly a fact based on your own choice. Not saying I agree with it but that's the route club have taken in regards to tickets. 

1 minute ago, DuncD said:

Ideally No, you would organise your own bus for your local area. 

But as you have chosen to drive rather than go on a supporters bus for example you have forfeited the chance of a ticket. That’s clearly a fact based on your own choice. Not saying I agree with it but that's the route club have taken in regards to tickets. 

Organising a bus from where I live would be pretty pointless considering there are about 3 killie fans in the area and one of them is Paul McDonald.

Cheers for continuing your usual trend of posting utterly pointless things in threads purely to get a wee bite.

Just now, DuncD said:

I think they will have TVs in wales. I doubt they’ll be showing the match on it though? 

S4C have domestic rights to league of wales etc. Given it's a north wales club, and that's the stronghold for welsh speakers. It may be one for them to take a punt on.

I may be wrong, but I think BT exclusivity only kicks in from the final knockout round before the groups.

17 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Organising a bus from where I live would be pretty pointless considering there are about 3 killie fans in the area and one of them is Paul McDonald.

Cheers for continuing your usual trend of posting utterly pointless things in threads purely to get a wee bite.

There’s another two killie fans I met from Motherwell then my son and my dad. Between us we can run a wee mini bus. I’ll speak to club and see if we can get a modest ten tickets for the game if we register it the now :D

2 minutes ago, hindes57 said:

What would a fanzone entail?

That is, what would be needed i.e. room for how many? Tables, chairs. food, drinks tvs etc?

BB mentioned at AGM on Saturday that there was discussions around a potential “fan zone” for the game. At least I’m sure he did, unless I’m imagining I heard that. Anyone else there able to confirm?

12 minutes ago, CB said:

S4C have domestic rights to league of wales etc. Given it's a north wales club, and that's the stronghold for welsh speakers. It may be one for them to take a punt on.

I may be wrong, but I think BT exclusivity only kicks in from the final knockout round before the groups.

S4C had CQN and The New Saints qualifiers live last year according to their website 

Realistically if the game was on tv it would be a lot simpler to organise. 

Is there a nightclub in Rhyl capable of putting it on? I have to say it would probably involve the club, or a supporter’s bus (cough, cough) hiring out somewhere as I don’t see somewhere in Rhyl taking the risk financially on the suggestion that an additional 500-1000 fans might travel down there.

£5 a ticket to a nightclub with them showing the game might work. I can’t see anything open air happening.

2 minutes ago, Piersquared said:

Snacks. Loads of snacks.

And pints of bitter.

How far away from the match?

I live in Conwy

They have a football team and pub venue / clubhouse.

30 mins from Rhyl

Loads of those weird posh pubs (8 or so within a mile walking distance)

I could enquire there. Or I work with a chap who knows the Rhyl FC chairman who may suggest something