Laurențiu Brănescu

ericb

7 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

He’s up there with the worst keepers I’ve ever seen play for us, if not the worst. Genuinely shocking

I thought he was an upgrade from McDonald initially but he’s gone backwards. He’s starting to remind me of Dubourdeau more and more every game and costing us valuable points

22 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

I don't think he's that bad. 

Poor positioning today for the goal but he made a couple of good saves. His anticipation to come out and clear from the edge of his area in the first half was good, and denied Motherwell a one on one. 

I'd rather have him in nets than Jamie. 

Do you think we're judging him against the backdrop of the best goalkeeper we've had since Bobby Ferguson? 

I think Branescu is a total haddy, but I don't know whether this is only in comparison to Bachmann. 

I think there is some over criticism of the big man on here, although today’s goal was an absolute shocker. 

To me it seems the biggest problem is there is zero camaraderie between the keeper and defence. Sod in particular is continually on his back, rolling his eyes, throwing his arms about. I can’t help but feel the big man needs an arm round him. Not played a lot of football before us and seems a bit low on confidence. There’s a time for the hairdryer treatment, but this ain’t it and I’d be looking for my captain to be saying ‘Chin up big man’.

When Bachmann was here we had a defensive unit of 5. Now it seems like it’s the keeper and defenders as two separate entities. 

51 minutes ago, BR1869 said:

I think there is some over criticism of the big man on here, although today’s goal was an absolute shocker. 

To me it seems the biggest problem is there is zero camaraderie between the keeper and defence. Sod in particular is continually on his back, rolling his eyes, throwing his arms about. I can’t help but feel the big man needs an arm round him. Not played a lot of football before us and seems a bit low on confidence. There’s a time for the hairdryer treatment, but this ain’t it and I’d be looking for my captain to be saying ‘Chin up big man’.

When Bachmann was here we had a defensive unit of 5. Now it seems like it’s the keeper and defenders as two separate entities. 

You are spot on and we forget some of the saves he has made when the defence has been poorly breached and his early season shut out record. It is a team game at the end of the day and sadly the communication in the defence is poor and the team are not the same unit as when Findlay was available. 

He's not a terrible goalkeeper- just not good enough for where we want and need to be.  

January's job is as simple and it is complex- we need a number 10, a goalkeeper and a creative midfielder.  That is obvious to even numpties like me.  That's the easy bit.

The difficult job is finding players to fill those role within our budget.  That will involve James Fowler and co, in addition to matched ambition by the board to deliver what we need.

The next focus will be on contract extensions, and then into extensive scouting of players we can sign in the summer.  Lots of work to be done.  January will make or break our season.  Until then, I have to accept that things will be a bit crap, hope we get 3 points out of our next two games and see what comes out after the winter break.  

All that, without even thinking about a managerial appointment.  I suppose the frustration is that once again we are an unsettled club.  Whether this is because of the climate in Scottish football i.e. can't keep good players/staff or can't recruit what we need, or due to bad organisation behind the scenes, I'm not entirely sure.

Still, at least we're in a better shape than a few years ago.

In terms of goalkeepers I'd be trying to get Bachmann back on loan considering he seems no further forward in the pecking order at Watford than he was before he came to us. Failing that then Craig Gordon on loan would be exceptional, will probably be third choice at Celtic and he stated in a recent article that he wants more first team playing time, which he'll be unlikely to get ahead of Forster, and he'd be open to exploring other options in order to get it. 

1 hour ago, CTRoss said:

In terms of goalkeepers I'd be trying to get Bachmann back on loan considering he seems no further forward in the pecking order at Watford than he was before he came to us. Failing that then Craig Gordon on loan would be exceptional, will probably be third choice at Celtic and he stated in a recent article that he wants more first team playing time, which he'll be unlikely to get ahead of Forster, and he'd be open to exploring other options in order to get it. 

Bachmann has a hamstring injury at the moment.