Laurențiu Brănescu

ericb

5 minutes ago, Trumpetree said:

If there was any consistency, Alan Combe would've got around 20 yellows each season - he used to go pan-chucky at virtually every goal he lost, and frequently volleyed the ball into the stand after picking it out the net. 

I remember one home game Combe picked the ball out the net and volleyed it in the direction of the ref after we never got a free kick in the build up to the goal. Lucky his back was turned and the linesmen never saw it. 

25 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

Goalie takes ball out of net and throws into field of play. Where is the offence?

Goalie takes ball from opposition player who has taken ball out of the net and throws it into field of play. Same question.

But he didn’t do that. If he’d thrown it up the park he might have got away with it, but he clearly threw the ball away in an attempt to delay the restart. For me it was a booking all day long and we’d all be saying the same if it was the other way round. Can’t believe anyone would defend him, it was a completely idiotic thing to do and nearly cost us dear. If we had a better back up option I wouldn’t particularly want to see him in a Killie shirt again.

28 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

Goalie takes ball out of net and throws into field of play. Where is the offence?

Goalie takes ball from opposition player who has taken ball out of the net and throws it into field of play. Same question.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when a goal is scored is the  all NOT considered out of play and the clock in effect stopped.

Therefore where is the offense, cannot be for time wasting as the clock has stopped, cannot be for throwing the ball out of play as the ball isnt in play.

Doing this at a free kick situation is entirely different.

15 minutes ago, Trumpetree said:

If there was any consistency, Alan Combe would've got around 20 yellows each season - he used to go pan-chucky at virtually every goal he lost, and frequently volleyed the ball into the stand after picking it out the net. 

Happens every single week.up and down this island and the continent and no goalie ever gets booked for it.

8 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but when a goal is scored is the  all NOT considered out of play and the clock in effect stopped.

Therefore where is the offense, cannot be for time wasting as the clock has stopped, cannot be for throwing the ball out of play as the ball isnt in play.

Doing this at a free kick situation is entirely different.

The clock doesn’t stop in football. If a Hamilton goalie did that against us after we had pulled a goal back the whole stadium would lose the plot. 

All I want is consistency. 

We were rightly trying to run the clock down at 3-0 with a bit of gamesmanship here and there. 

However Branescu was foolish to do what he did immediately after receiving a yellow and can have no excuse. He made it easy for the ref egged on by Hearts players and the crowd. 

What boils my piss though is Hamilton get away with this game after game, season after season with no action against them. 

6 minutes ago, killie89 said:

The clock doesn’t stop in football. If a Hamilton goalie did that against us after we had pulled a goal back the whole stadium would lose the plot. 

Yoi know what I mean though, time is added for a goal.  What was needed here was a stronger ref who would be told Ckare to f**k off back into his half and then go through Larry for being a twat and telling everyone an extra 30.seconds or a minute was being added.

5 minutes ago, killie89 said:

The referee controls the clock. If he thinks we’re wasting time, he adds it on. Players can’t waste time if referees do their job properly. 

Just now, Beaker71 said:

Yoi know what I mean though, time is added for a goal.  What was needed here was a stronger ref who would be told Ckare to f**k off back into his half and then go through Larry for being a twat and telling everyone an extra 30.seconds or a minute was being added.

Spot on, I have never heard of last nights ref, we do seem very keen to slaughter the big fella. I wouldn’t think a lot of our current fans would have shared our love for Dragoje Lekovic .

1 minute ago, Scouser2 said:

If happened at RP by an opposition keeper then a lot would be shouting for action to be taken ..

The problem was Keeper got the first yellow only seconds before so should been aware and not got involved at all --- 

I’d be shouting for them to get on with the game to try and influence the ref to add time. I wouldn’t be waving imaginary yellow cards about. Do you genuinely shout for bookings anytime a player wastes time? Your throat must’ve been hoarse after games against Aberdeen, Hamilton and Hearts in recent years. 

4 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

They do from front to back, every single game and hardly ever get pulled for it.

I get that there’s a lack of consistency. But it’s simply not true to say that players never get booked for this sort of thing. I’ve often seen players booked for kicking the ball away when their team is leading. To hold on to the ball when an opposition player is trying to retrieve and then launch it away like that is begging for a booking. 

It was definitely soft, just one of those things he should be using the heed in late game situations. Good to hear he came into the dressing room and apologised thankfully it was only for making it uncomfortable for his teammates. As pissed off as I was last night the results in the books, he’ll likely be first choice for the majority of the rest of the season hope he can put it right I’ll back him.

4 hours ago, Zorro said:

Shouldn’t that be the other way around? Why should the attacking team be pawing at a keeper if anything they do can’t influence the game kicking off any quicker?

That’s pretty much my point, but it also means there is no point a keeper or defenders trying to hold onto the ball - just let the scorer have it and let him race back to the centre - it will do him little good!

57 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Penalty was soft as well.

So it wasn't just me, then. I thought it looked soft and the booking for the penalty was harsh.

I would be absolutely astonished if an Infirm keeper picked up a 2nd yellow under those circumstances but Larry was a very, very silly boy.  

6 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Just on Saturday a Ross County player was booked for preventing SOD taking a quick free kick, it does happen just not enough.

Actually the ref was trying to ignore it. He instructed the player to move back, the player just blanked him so, SOD rattled the ball off him and forced the ref's hand.

The ref was faced with either booking SOD for kicking the ball at an opponent or booking the opponent for not following his instructions.

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

Having watched it back, the radio reaction to both yellows was OTT. I was expecting more of a tussle for the ball between Branescu and Clare. Branescu has just collected it and Clare has been a wee dick. His mistake was throwing it sideways instead of forward but it wasn't what I was expecting from what had been described.

He maybe aimed up the park but applied his usual level of accuracy!