Laurențiu Brănescu

ericb

14 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

OTT - he’s far from great but Dubourdeau is the worst we’ve had in my lifetime by an extended country mile. 

I really don’t see much of a difference. Both instil a complete lack of confidence in players around them, make baffling decisions, fail to take control and flap at things. 

Now there are clearly a few Branescu apologists out there who either see something I’m missing, are blinded by his parent club, or are just incurable optimists, but for me the goalkeeper change is one of the biggest reasons for this season’s dip in form. It’s been a massive dip in quality from a keeper who always made you think ‘He’s got this’ to one who makes you think ‘Not a clue what he’ll do this time’. 

Edited by Travis

2 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

He has had a few mistakes that have cost us points. About 5 I can think of. We were not winning any of those games, and indeed did not win any of them, but I think those goals led to 4 defeats when we might otherwise have got a draw. In one case (hibs) we still got the draw in the end. So I reckon LB mistakes have cost us 4 points. 

Then factor in the points dropped because the full defensive unit is less coherent and less confident in their goalkeeper. 

Anyway, you get my point. For me, he’s weak as. But doesn’t take away from the positives of getting back to winning, scoring, our best right-back in decades getting back to his game, Findlay being a total legend, midfield back amongst it, Kabamba looking a find, club trying to communicate more effectively etc. 

Said when watching it right before that he has to be careful. It was inevitable they would run in for the ball. It was inevitable any kind of contact or holding onto the ball and they would demand another yellow... what he then done was absolutely moronic. That went from a comfortable win, rest some players and see the game out to having to put in an extra 20% to cover the ground... he is as poor a keeper as we've had since Meldrum.

17 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Oh do us a favour. 

His goalkeeping ability is shocking. 

I dread to think how many times he's cost us points. 

Motherwell home and away are 2 that spring to mind. 

He hardly cost us at Fir Park.

Unless you think keepers should save every shot?

Edited by NorfolkG

7 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Said when watching it right before that he has to be careful. It was inevitable they would run in for the ball. It was inevitable any kind of contact or holding onto the ball and they would demand another yellow... what he then done was absolutely moronic. That went from a comfortable win, rest some players and see the game out to having to put in an extra 20% to cover the ground... he is as poor a keeper as we've had since Meldrum.

I think that Koprivec is worse. 

How long is Jamie Mac out for?

I’ve defended the big dumpling previously but that was idiotic tonight. 

Let his team mates down in a big way and he is a very lucky boy it didn’t cost us the three points. 

I got the feeling from the body language of the players tonight as he walked off the majority were, understandably, not pleased. 

Edited by BR1869

When at the game, I thought the act of throwing the ball away was stupid in the sense it forced the ref to make a decision!

Something that he seemed reluctant to do for Naismith's diving and his own deliberate handball.

We were cruising at 3-0 but the penalty - which from the highlights appears very soft - but what didn't help was we sat in and Koprivec just aimlessly punted the ball straight up the park, thus giving possession straight back to the Jambos.  He is a keeper who gives me the fear everytime he plays, as up until Larry's 1 minute of madness, he was having a solid game.

34 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

I thought it was a bit harsh for the second yellow, ref seemed easily influenced by the crowd. You know something similar will happen this weekend and go unpunished. Not defending his actions but can understand his frustration. 

We’ve all seen goalkeepers literally rolling around, fighting for the ball, in the back of the net, in similar circumstances and it go unpunished. This week we’ve watched a player only pick up a yellow for deliberately stamping on a fellow professionals chest. Throwing a ball out is hardly a hanging offence. 

Tbh the over reaction on here kinda reminds me of Biscuits & Co’s treatment of AA. Slate the foreigner but give guid Scottish laddies with worse records an easy time. 

As an aside, I’ve always hated bookings for time wasting. There’s only one person determines how long the game goes on and it isn’t any of the players. If it’s beyond the mental capacity of a referee to add a minute for throwing a ball out, to 90 minutes, perhaps it’s time official timekeepers were introduced.

12 minutes ago, kerrwmorton said:

When at the game, I thought the act of throwing the ball away was stupid in the sense it forced the ref to make a decision!

Something that he seemed reluctant to do for Naismith's diving and his own deliberate handball.

We were cruising at 3-0 but the penalty - which from the highlights appears very soft - but what didn't help was we sat in and Koprivec just aimlessly punted the ball straight up the park, thus giving possession straight back to the Jambos.  He is a keeper who gives me the fear everytime he plays, as up until Larry's 1 minute of madness, he was having a solid game.

Bit early to judge koprivec. Queens park game doesn't count. Aside from that he has only had 2.2 games in the league. One of which against Celtic. Give the guy a chance.  

Edited by Pedro'sBrither