CQN Sale for Season Ticket holders

Squirrelhumper

I’ll say it again

the reason the supporters clubs get first dibs on sway tickets is so that in normal circumstances it ensures they can fill their bus.

without this then there is a risk that only a few members only get a ticket and it becomes a very expensive bus to run.

this European tie is probably a once in 20 years event.

two or three thousand into 802 was always going to disappoint a lot of people.

Has anyone thought of Sponsors, people who pay for advertising every season, did they get an opportunity to get a ticket or two? Some of these people don’t have ST’s and would therefore not have been included in any of the ballots.

My point is that there are loads of different breakdowns that could have been used by the club to distribute the tickets.

The club were in a no win situation, so yes people will have their own agendas for wanting specific ways and will be disappointed, but it would have been the same outcomes where people were unhappy.

The fault lies with UEFA and the Welsh FA, under no circumstance should any team be able to play in these tournaments without a minimum of 5,000 capacity.

im sad that anyone feels that a divide has been created in our away support, I can also say that I travel away by train with friends, none of us are alienated either, onwards and upwards and good wishes to all that will be in the ground. I still think that anyone heading down will find themselves in at kick off.

Just now, Richaway said:

this European tie is probably a once in 20 years event.

two or three thousand into 802 was always going to disappoint a lot of people.

This could easily happen again though in the domestic season. 

Say we draw a team like Spartans away in a Scottish cup quarter final and there is no scope to move it to another venue. 

Hope the club have realised what a clusterf**k this has been and learn some lessons. 

Firstly issue is with UEFA which I said very early on in the process. Game should never have gone ahead at Rhyl. That said club have still made a hash of the distribution of tickets...

Will be watching carefully this season to see how many away matches we fail to take 802 fans. 

However in fairness I will stand aside for trips to Parkhead and Ibrox until the last minute to allow supporters, TIK, PST holders who go on buses to get their tickets first...

Can always go and watch my home town team the mighty QOS....

The problem is with the SFA which has allowed the game in Scotland to decline so that our teams are playing in these early rounds. They need to support all of the teams and not just two. The ugly sisters need to stop their policy of buying up players from the other teams to just destabilise them and leave the players in the stand. It is in everyone's interest to improve the league coefficient so that our teams are not joining in at the same time as countries where the top clubs play in front of 500 people

The only positive from this is we might seen increased numbers with the already established supporters clubs and the possibility of new clubs emerging. If this is the method that the club feels fairly represents loyal away fans, then being a member of a supporters club may have its benefits.

For work reasons I often travel directly to work from away games so doesn’t always suit me. But it might sway others to go by bus in the future which can only be good for increasing our travelling numbers.

2 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

A quick look on here and on Kilmarnock FC fan page on Facebook shows that only 1 person @Nala has got a ticket through the season ticket holder ballot. 

Something is not right. 

Even an announcement that all tickets have been allocated and a breakdown of how the tickets were distributed eg Supporters buses,TiK,PSH and season ticket holders would give some form of peace of mind.

At the end of the day, I’ll be heading down regardless and I am sure those lucky enough to get a ticket will enjoy the game!

1 hour ago, KillieFM86 said:

Ps, I’m still unsure why travelling on a bus should ever have had any significance or relevance to the allocation of tickets.

All it has done has led to a divide in away fans and alienated those who travel by car or public transport. I missed 3 away games last season-never once went on a supporters bus.

Cheers for the reasoned response. I can see why they have went with the supporters club to initially allocate some tickets as after all it is an away match and these are the folk that have travelled home and away to watch the team. Obviously there have been others that travel themselves however now way to tell who these people were.

i would say they should have set a minimum amount of tickets aside for a STH ballot though but overall the club were a no win situation. It’s just a shame the game couldn’t have been played elsewhere and none of this would have been an issue.

3 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Cheers for the reasoned response. I can see why they have went with the supporters club to initially allocate some tickets as after all it is an away match and these are the folk that have travelled home and away to watch the team. Obviously there have been others that travel themselves however now way to tell who these people were.

i would say they should have set a minimum amount of tickets aside for a STH ballot though but overall the club were a no win situation. It’s just a shame the game couldn’t have been played elsewhere and none of this would have been an issue.

No worries! No point bumping my gums because I didn’t get a ticket. Always good to have a decent discussion and hear other people’s opinions.

We will agree to disagree on the supporters buses allocation, lol.

Its a shame to have waited so long for Europe, draw a British team and then so many miss out due to poor stadium criteria.

I will be in Rhyl without a ticket and going by the numbers that appear to be travelling it will be a great trip regardless of being inside or outside the stadium!

As a shareholder I didn't ask for priority over anyone else  .... all I wanted was a fair shot at getting a ticket.

I'm now going to give my shares to my son as they mean fvck all without a season ticket.

Congrats to those who got tickets and I hope you all have a great trip.  If it's on the telly then I'll watch it in the pub or at home.

2 minutes ago, chubbs said:

As a shareholder I didn't ask for priority over anyone else  .... all I wanted was a fair shot at getting a ticket.

I'm now going to give my shares to my son as they mean fvck all without a season ticket.

Congrats to those who got tickets and I hope you all have a great trip.  If it's on the telly then I'll watch it in the pub or at home.

Frustrating!

There will be people who had 4 opportunities of successfully being drawn for a ticket.

Firstly if they use a supporters bus, then if a member of TiK, then if they have a privilege seat and finally a season ticket holder. Whereas others only had 1 chance via the season ticket draw and that appears to have been for minimal numbers.

Think that’s what has disappointed most unsuccessful fans- the lack of fairness throughout the process.

52 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Has anyone thought of Sponsors, people who pay for advertising every season, did they get an opportunity to get a ticket or two? Some of these people don’t have ST’s and would therefore not have been included in any of the ballots.

The Welsh team offered us fifty or sixty hospitality places for sponsors and the CEO sold them all to the Gall from Brownings. The directors came back from holiday and said that wasn't happening but he still got as big an allocation as a bus albeit each place cost over sixty quid. I assume that the rest then went to other sponsors but I'm not 100% sure about that, I certainly never heard of any hospitality being offered to other fans. I await the Whiskychimp rebuttal.

5 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

The Welsh team offered us fifty or sixty hospitality places for sponsors and the CEO sold them all to the Gall from Brownings. The directors came back from holiday and said that wasn't happening but he still got as big an allocation as a bus albeit each place cost over sixty quid. I assume that the rest then went to other sponsors but I'm not 100% sure about that, I certainly never heard of any hospitality being offered to other fans. I await the Whiskychimp rebuttal.

£90 each with an hour’s free bar before and after.

30 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

"I'm not 100% sure about that,". Why post rumour and speculation?

21 minutes ago, KillieFM86 said:

Frustrating!

There will be people who had 4 opportunities of successfully being drawn for a ticket.

Firstly if they use a supporters bus, then if a member of TiK, then if they have a privilege seat and finally a season ticket holder. Whereas others only had 1 chance via the season ticket draw and that appears to have been for minimal numbers.

Think that’s what has disappointed most unsuccessful fans- the lack of fairness throughout the process.

If you were a privileged seat holder who met the criteria then you got a ticket and were excluded from any other way of getting a ticket.

if you were a privileged seat holder and didn't meet the criteria then you went into the general STH ballot and potentially the TiK ballot if you are also a member of that.

If you got a seat from a supporters bus then they were excluded from any other way of getting a ticket.

If your a member of TiK then you were entered into a ballot with 400 or so others competing for 50 tickets.

if your in a supporters bus and were in TiK but didnt get a ticket from either, didnt get one from a privileged seat and then missed out in the Season ticket holders ballot, then you are an unlucky bastard and i wouldn't wish your luck on my worst enemy. i'd imagine the number of people who had 4 chances to get a ticket were in single figures.

literally no one is happy about the situation, neither the club the fans, even The Nomads are probably not happy as they realise they could have made a tidy sum of money if they had been able to secure a venue with a bigger capacity.

Yes the clubs communication and Allocation policy could be better, I positive that its going to be looked at sharpish but there is literally zero point in bitching, moaning and making up conspiracy theories about it, it gets us no further forward and nobody who missed out gets a ticket from it either.

I certainly can’t see anything in my post suggesting a conspiracy theory??

All I did was agree with another post regarding their frustration and “getting a fair shot of a ticket” and that there was only ever 1 opportunity to get a ticket for some fans via The left overs (figure unknown) in the STH ballot.

However for other STH they potentially could have had an opportunity via a supporters bus allocation, if unsuccessful through that then via the TiK ballot and if unsuccessful through that then PSH.

I agree that the number of people who fall in to this category would be minimal but that’s irrelevant. Fairness should apply to all, whether there are 5 or 55 people having a higher chance than others then it naturally frustrates others.

1 minute ago, KillieFM86 said:

I certainly can’t see anything in my post suggesting a conspiracy theory??

All I did was agree with another post regarding their frustration and “getting a fair shot of a ticket” and that there was only ever 1 opportunity to get a ticket for some fans via The left overs (figure unknown) in the STH ballot.

However for other STH they potentially could have had an opportunity via a supporters bus allocation, if unsuccessful through that then via the TiK ballot and if unsuccessful through that then PSH.

I agree that the number of people who fall in to this category would be minimal but that’s irrelevant. Fairness should apply to all, whether there are 5 or 55 people having a higher chance than others then it naturally frustrates others.

the conspiracy theory bit wasnt aimed at you specifically, apologies if taken that way,

there was literally no way for the club to allocate the allocation of tickets they got in a way that the entire support base would have found fair. 

IMO they found a way that was a fair as possible but it was very poorly communicated and at times seemed to be made up on the fly (mostly because everyone at the club seemed to have forgotten such a thing as a privileged seat holder even existed). 

They were not helped by the fact it took The Nomads an absolute age to actually agree to a number of tickets and then send the tickets to us so we could physically sell them.

56 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

Hospitality was only offered to those with chairman's club etc tickets. My mate sits in chairman's club and got one that way.

2 minutes ago, gordon4418 said:

the conspiracy theory bit wasnt aimed at you specifically, apologies if taken that way,

there was literally no way for the club to allocate the allocation of tickets they got in a way that the entire support base would have found fair. 

IMO they found a way that was a fair as possible but it was very poorly communicated and at times seemed to be made up on the fly (mostly because everyone at the club seemed to have forgotten such a thing as a privileged seat holder even existed). 

They were not helped by the fact it took The Nomads an absolute age to actually agree to a number of tickets and then send the tickets to us so we could physically sell them.

No worries Gordon. I hate reading the moans/rumours etc on here...I like to discuss/contribute although some might take my comments as a moan.

As i’ve mentioned in other comments and threads, I think for all the great things happening around the club they’ve definitely dropped the ball over the summer with a couple of issues re safe standing/movement of seasons and now the poor handling of the allocation.

Ultimately the board call the shots, but if it hadn’t been for Cathy Jamieson and Jim Thomson trying their best to keep us up to date I genuinely wonder what info we would actually be getting.

I think the fans have been very complimentary of the board for the big changes since the MJ era and have had lots of pats on the back and rightly so. But sometimes holding your hands up and saying “we could have done this better” means just as much as trying to impress.

Ps-I’m giving Jim the chance to sort my season ticket move from safe standing zone before I complain to the club. Keeping the faith ;-p