CQN Sale for Season Ticket holders

Squirrelhumper

4 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Apart from being a bit slow, how could they have done it in a fairer way in your opinion? 

If you don’t travel on a supporters bus how can you prove you’ve been to all away games etc ...

Really....is that a serious question!!!

Straight forward ballot for all season ticket holders....seems simple enough to me and a lot of others!

I was one of the 250 fans at Parkhead towards the end of the season...made my own way there mind... as well as to at least 14 other away games last season but because I dont get a bus from where I stay I'm screwed!!!

Quite easy to check if I was there though card transaction purchases!! The whole ticket allocation process has been a joke to the extent that only circa 50 tickets made it to the season ticket ballot...and that's not just Facebook speculation!!

Together we are stronger.....aye right!!!

3 hours ago, Skora11 said:

How would that have made the poster in question guarantee getting one of the 802 tickets that he said probably deserved more than others based on home and away attendances last season?

It wouldn't...but he would have had a fair crack of the whip same as hundreds/thousand of others who have been excluded or severely disadvantaged by the process the club chose to take!!!

Think it’s time to put this all to bed. There’s been umpteen things that have gone wrong here. Some due to UEFA, some down to Welsh/English FA, some down to Nomads and some down to decisions at boardroom level. 

It’s how we move on from it all, and as a priority the club need to introduce proper procedures to monitor who attends away games with a season ticket. That removes age discrimination, bus allocation, folk driving or on trains... the lot. Had the top 802 fans based on their attendance been picked no one would have batted an eyelid. 

We all feel we have a claim to the tickets, we all have a story that we can tell why we deserve one more than another etc but it’s done now and we move on. I’m sure a new top on Wednesday, a win on Thursday and a few Argentine players arriving will get us all being chums again!!

3 hours ago, Kfcinlancashire said:

The problem is with the SFA which has allowed the game in Scotland to decline so that our teams are playing in these early rounds. They need to support all of the teams and not just two. The ugly sisters need to stop their policy of buying up players from the other teams to just destabilise them and leave the players in the stand. It is in everyone's interest to improve the league coefficient so that our teams are not joining in at the same time as countries where the top clubs play in front of 500 people

How the feck is it the SFA/SPFL's fault that our club cant organise ticket sales in a fair and reasonable manner....

10 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

We all feel we have a claim to the tickets, we all have a story that we can tell why we deserve one more than another etc but it’s done now and we move on.

In my mind it's not been about deserving a ticket more than any one else .... it was about being in with a chance of getting one.

Some folk have had several chances of acquiring one whilst some of us have had zero.

To be in a ballot and not get drawn is bad luck ... but to not be allowed in the ballot in the first place was shocking.

3 minutes ago, chubbs said:

In my mind it's not been about deserving a ticket more than any one else .... it was about being in with a chance of getting one.

Some folk have had several chances of acquiring one whilst some of us have had zero.

To be in a ballot and not get drawn is bad luck ... but to not be allowed in the ballot in the first place was shocking.

I agree but those folk with several chances got their chances based on the fact they are investing more in the club than you and I or we would have been afforded the same opportunity. There’s pro’s and con’s to both sides. 

PSTH absolutely should have had first dibs. That’s not even a negotiation. TiK given tickets for a ballot, again I can’t disagree with that gesture.

The only thing the club done wrong was essentially telling folk who drive that they were worth less than folk who took a bus... however, it is easier to monitor regular attendees through supporters clubs than it is me waking into shop and asking for two tickets to Tynecastle without anyone asking me who I am or taking my details. 

If folk have indeed taken 53 for one supporters club then it’s up to the club to say “hang on a second”. I’d be skeptical of that story however. 

Anyway the point is it’s all done now and nothing we can do about it. I don’t even want to know how many buses got etc because I reckon that would create even more division among the support. I think it’s best just to leave it or we just work ourselves into a right frenzy over it all. 

6 hours ago, Bullitt said:

PSTH absolutely should have had first dibs. That’s not even a negotiation. TiK given tickets for a ballot, again I can’t disagree with that gesture.

The only thing the club done wrong was essentially telling folk who drive that they were worth less than folk who took a bus... 

I think you’ve contradicted yourself there because they also overlooked the PSHs who should have got first priority and not been an afterthought to supporters clubs. 

My impression is that for whatever reason, possibly shortage of staff, the club thought the easiest way to distribute tickets was through the supporters clubs. 

Then through the Trust. 

They have also overlooked shareholders and have to explain where they now sit in the pecking order.

The constant criterion throughout the distribution has been season tickets. Even the Trust restricted their ballot to season ticket holding TiK subscribers.

Supporters who cannot attend matches put money into the club through the Trust, and some supporters who attend most matches pay extra at the gate to help the club financially. 

Circumstances were not helpful but the way that the club responded has left a sour taste in many mouths. 

We need to move on but the club would be well advised to devise and announce a priority system for future all-ticket matches as soon as practical.

Edited by skygod

Something that concerns me is that should a similar situation arise again, it looks very much like the same group of people will end with tickets again. If it's true only 50 made it to yesterday's ballot, that doesn't leave much room for freshening things up.

That doesn't seem fair.

Need to move on now. However how we do this will be different for each individual person. But the club have lost a lot of the feel good factor with many of their core loyal supporters including myself over their handling of this. Will be interesting to see how they respond to win it back. Most likely they won't.

I will move on but it will probably be by going to less away games where it takes a fair bit of commitment and effort to go, e.g Aberdeen, missing games at grounds which I don't particularly like going to e.g. Ibrox and Parkhead, grounds which overcharge e.g Hamilton and Motherwell, all ticket matches which involve going to Killie midweek to get a ticket. 

Might even compare where QOS are playing when Killie are away to see which is the better game to watch. 

The point I am making here is over many seasons I have made a great deal of effort, commitment and sacrifice to go to away matches. In what many sensible people would say is a crazy way sometimes but now maybe I will just become more sensible.

Finished with this thread now still not very happy with the club over this shambles. Roll on Friday morning...

I suppose to also worth remembering much as football is the greatest spectator support in the world there are more important things in life.

Hope everyone who is going to Wales travels safely, enjoys their day and cheers the team on to victory and enhances the reputation of Kilmarnock FC on the European stage. 

From a very disappointed fan not able to go...

Edited by Steppskillie

7 hours ago, melly said:

How the feck is it the SFA/SPFL's fault that our club cant organise ticket sales in a fair and reasonable manner....

Because if football was properly run in Scotland we would not be playing in Europe league qualifying round 1 we would be coming in at round 3 with the teams from other nations of a similar size like Denmark.

7 hours ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

That allocation from them is a f**king joke. Would love someone to defend that.

If they got 51 tickets (which I doubt) then they got more than we did and we run a 52 seater bus all season and sometimes two buses to away games (had games last season with over 100 going from our SC to certain games)

When all the dust has setlled I think it’s fair to say the amount of good will the board has banked with the incredible turnaround  in the last 2 years massively outweighs a rushed decision with this 

As the great man said Together We Are Stronger 

Arguing about ticket allocations for Europe, it wasn’t long ago we were moaning about getting scutched 5-2 from Patrick 

:hurrah::hurrah::hurrah:

3 hours ago, Steppskillie said:

Need to move on now. However how we do this will be different for each individual person. But the club have lost a lot of the feel good factor with many of their core loyal supporters including myself over their handling of this. Will be interesting to see how they respond to win it back. Most likely they won't.

I will move on but it will probably be by going to less away games where it takes a fair bit of commitment and effort to go, e.g Aberdeen, missing games at grounds which I don't particularly like going to e.g. Ibrox and Parkhead, grounds which overcharge e.g Hamilton and Motherwell, all ticket matches which involve going to Killie midweek to get a ticket. 

Might even compare where QOS are playing when Killie are away to see which is the better game to watch. 

The point I am making here is over many seasons I have made a great deal of effort, commitment and sacrifice to go to away matches. In what many sensible people would say is a crazy way sometimes but now maybe I will just become more sensible.

Finished with this thread now still not very happy with the club over this shambles. Roll on Friday morning...

I suppose to also worth remembering much as football is the greatest spectator support in the world there are more important things in life.

Hope everyone who is going to Wales travels safely, enjoys their day and cheers the team on to victory and enhances the reputation of Kilmarnock FC on the European stage. 

From a very disappointed fan not able to go...

Trying to sound sensible, but the noise from your rattle being thrown out your pram gives it away slightly! I appreciate you are disappointed, I didn't get a ticket either, but intimating that you are going to stop attending as many games just because you didn't get a ticket to one match is just the anger talking. You're effectively blaming the club and taking it out on them, will you still feel the same way if we make the next round and this Welsh bollocks is consigned to history as a rubbish game in the pissing rain? There'll be bigger parties in the pubs in Rhyl and Killie and more of our fans there, beer in hand, watching the game.

While appreciating the tweet from Cathy Jamieson, which is expected given her position as the fans representative at boardroom level, regarding the allocation, I think the only thing that's going to appease a helluva lot of people is an  official statement by the club acknowledging that this could and should have been dealt with better and certainly more professionally. 

It has been a PR disaster from the outset. 

Edited by stewarty66

It’s been a large portion of greeting entitled nonsense from the start.

Some of the posters on here should be writing statements apologising for the sort of stuff we expect from Old Firm fans.

Let’s be consoled by the idea that the 800 Killie fans will have had to meet the strictest criteria there’s ever been to get to a Killie game.

Folk have actually driven to Wales in order to secure tickets, others have looked into the hiring of cranes and even sponsored the match ball.

Hundreds of fans who PATG and travel away, on or without buses, have been excluded from the start. Even then we have STHs claiming they are being left out. Yes, because just being a STH hasn’t been enough on this occasion. I have sympathy for those that are STH and are not on buses but without a points system how do you check this?

For the record, I’m not a STH, was in Dingwall for that match and have no chance of a ticket through the proper channels. I’ll still be in Rhyl along with many, many others.

6 minutes ago, casual observer said:

I can’t see how we can implement a points system to register attendance at away fixtures when most games are PATG. 

Most away games last season were all ticket, and even those which weren't you can request tickets from the host club (Hibs, Aberdeen & Hearts do that with us)

Ibrox, Parkhead, Tynecastle, Pittodrie, Easter Road, St Mirren, Fir Park & Livi were all ticket games last season (although you could pay at Turnstiles for a couple)

2 hours ago, Piersquared said:

It’s been a large portion of greeting entitled nonsense from the start.

Some of the posters on here should be writing statements apologising for the sort of stuff we expect from Old Firm fans.

Let’s be consoled by the idea that the 800 Killie fans will have had to meet the strictest criteria there’s ever been to get to a Killie game.

Folk have actually driven to Wales in order to secure tickets, others have looked into the hiring of cranes and even sponsored the match ball.

Hundreds of fans who PATG and travel away, on or without buses, have been excluded from the start. Even then we have STHs claiming they are being left out. Yes, because just being a STH hasn’t been enough on this occasion. I have sympathy for those that are STH and are not on buses but without a points system how do you check this?

For the record, I’m not a STH, was in Dingwall for that match and have no chance of a ticket through the proper channels. I’ll still be in Rhyl along with many, many others.

Good post man but the one major gripe I have is the 800 fans won't all of met the strictest criteria and what's more iv heard from somebody booked on one of the buses running that they are getting a ticket through the bus regardless of the fact they were never on it last season. Anyway plenty on the same boat so will enjoy the trip and hopefully look forward to the next round

Edited by c.r

Myself and my daughter were unsuccessful in both the TiK and ST draws. Hope the lucky 802 get right behind the team and have a great time. The train journeys between Belfast and Dublin for the Shelbourne game were boisterous but generally well behaved, although we seemed to commandeer a few coaches just for Killie fans and it wasn't right in the middle of the holiday season unlike this trip.