New Killie Kits 2019-20

KillieUSA

9 minutes ago, Killiestevo said:

Did you ever manage to produce the 97 replica that you had mocked up? 

Been waiting on club approval since 2016.

The club license is held by Just Sport until the end of this season. Hopefully we can get back on track after that....just a bit disappointing that the club don’t have this flexibility, but on looking at the trouble Sevco are in with Sports Direct it’s perhaps understandable that the club don’t want to risk any breach of contract .

1 minute ago, Al#1 said:

Been waiting on club approval since 2016.

The club license is held by Just Sport until the end of this season. Hopefully we can get back on track after that....just a bit disappointing that the club don’t have this flexibility, but on looking at the trouble Sevco are in with Sports Direct it’s perhaps understandable that the club don’t want to risk any breach of contract .

That's fair enough. The club would do well to commission a few of these retro shirts from you and sell officially through the shop. Clearly a demand there. 

23 minutes ago, Mmk2 said:

Yeah no bother killieboykfc.

I appreciate what your saying Al but our club has made no effort to ever bring anything like this to market. If they did they would make plenty of money from it. I’ve also bought both new tops this year. 

I can assure you I have made every effort to get a similar project live

I have  a signed agreement from Thomas Cook ( owners of At Mays brand) and been waiting on the club to authorise this. MJ to his credit actually gave this his full approval about 5 minutes before he stood down as chairman but failed to agree in writing.

Making illegal copies of anything is easy....making legal and approved replicas much more challenging 

6 minutes ago, Al#1 said:

Making illegal copies of anything is easy....making legal and approved replicas much more challenging 

Exactly. That other mob are taking the mick and the money when reputable companies like the football club and yourself have to toe the line and suffer financially as a consequence. Buying their stuff only makes it worse. Good luck with your cup final strip venture, if that gets approved and manufactured you can count me in for one.

Aside from the copyright issues, I'm not sure the Tourhill Joinery shirt was ever made by Matchwinner. I know it's what historical kits says, but all the pictures I've seen have it without a manufacturers logo (away top does though). The Tourhill Joinery logo itself is in a different font and the collars and cuffs are wrong. Go nuts if you want to splash out £36 quid for one of those but it's poor before it has ever started.

1 hour ago, Lroy said:

Aside from the copyright issues, I'm not sure the Tourhill Joinery shirt was ever made by Matchwinner. I know it's what historical kits says, but all the pictures I've seen have it without a manufacturers logo (away top does though). The Tourhill Joinery logo itself is in a different font and the collars and cuffs are wrong. Go nuts if you want to splash out £36 quid for one of those but it's poor before it has ever started.

I was pretty sure it was Umbro, but I might be wrong. 

1 hour ago, Lroy said:

In the old squad photo it looks like there is no branding on the hoops, but the keeper's top looks like it has a Matchwinner logo.

20190725_092324.jpg

Edited by Lions13

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

I think the Tourhill Joinery strip was made by a local clothing manufacturer, not sportswear. 

“Something & Something” - I can’t remember. Somebody might. 

I want to say Mitchell & Struthers, but I know that was a garden centre! 

Mitchell & Struthers is a landscaping contractor in the Bellsland Industrial estate.

They used to sponsor us at one time:

Image result for mitchell and struthers sponsor kilmarnock

55 minutes ago, Lions13 said:

In the old squad photo it looks like there is no branding on the hoops, but the keeper's top looks like it has a Matchwinner logo.

Version of the image I have looks like home is unbranded, away is matchwinner and keeper top umbro

Update from my investigations today:

Mitchell & Struthers top came first and, at least the one the team wore, was Umbro. There are versions that were "manufacturerless," perhaps all replicas. I'd love to see the inside labels of this top if anyone has one. Umbro shirts were embroidered, replicas were printed/sublimated.

The Tourhill Joinery shirt came afterwards. It didn't have a manufacturers logo on the shirt, players or replica, but the inside tags show it was made by Matchwinner. The whole thing was printed/sublimated.

I've just bought a half price Killie top from the 2015/16 season....the Errea one, mostly white one with three blue stripes on the  chest.

Like it a lot, dare I say much better than the centenary home one that is bland and uninspiring imo.

I like the stitched badge. Looks and feels  quality rather than the faded stick on effort on what was meant to be a special kit for a special  season. 

On 7/25/2019 at 3:46 PM, Lroy said:

Update from my investigations today:

Mitchell & Struthers top came first and, at least the one the team wore, was Umbro. There are versions that were "manufacturerless," perhaps all replicas. I'd love to see the inside labels of this top if anyone has one. Umbro shirts were embroidered, replicas were printed/sublimated.

The Tourhill Joinery shirt came afterwards. It didn't have a manufacturers logo on the shirt, players or replica, but the inside tags show it was made by Matchwinner. The whole thing was printed/sublimated.

Your right there Lroy as a said before was at Kilmarnock boys club then and the 1st team/ reserves had the new style umbro kits and we had the hand me downs late 70's early /80's kit. What i remember is that no versions of the new style Umbro hoops/all red kit ever went on sale in the town and was probably a deal where Umbro just made the kits for the 1st team with no  replicas, hence cheap copies.