Stuart Findlay

killie1961

3 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

His progression has been a joy to watch. When you think of how raw he looked during his first spell on loan here (albeit in a poor side) to the player he is today. We are lucky to have him.

It also didn’t help that he was largely played out of position but the potential was always there. 

seems sense has finally prevailed at Oxford:

Oxford United will not be pursuing a deal to bring Kilmarnock defender Stuart Findlay to the Kassam Stadium as Karl Robinson admits defeat in his hunt.

The Witney Gazette reports that Robinson has now moved on to another target after seeing the value of the 23-year-old rise to a level he feels is too rich for the U’s.

In fact, Robinson believes that the defender, who helped Kilmarnock to a Europa League spot last season, is now out of reach of any club in League One.

“We’ve put a bid in for another centre back,” confirmed the former MK Dons boss.

“The Findlay one is out of our reach in some ways, so we withdraw from that. We were willing to put a very substantial bid in, but we hear it’s gone above and beyond that.

“I don’t think anyone in League One could afford Findlay.”

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/oxford-united-cool-interest-in-23-year-old-target/

4 minutes ago, gordon4418 said:

seems sense has finally prevailed at Oxford:

Oxford United will not be pursuing a deal to bring Kilmarnock defender Stuart Findlay to the Kassam Stadium as Karl Robinson admits defeat in his hunt.

The Witney Gazette reports that Robinson has now moved on to another target after seeing the value of the 23-year-old rise to a level he feels is too rich for the U’s.

In fact, Robinson believes that the defender, who helped Kilmarnock to a Europa League spot last season, is now out of reach of any club in League One.

“We’ve put a bid in for another centre back,” confirmed the former MK Dons boss.

“The Findlay one is out of our reach in some ways, so we withdraw from that. We were willing to put a very substantial bid in, but we hear it’s gone above and beyond that.

“I don’t think anyone in League One could afford Findlay.”

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/oxford-united-cool-interest-in-23-year-old-target/

Sent them homeward tae think again.

5 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

I dont think it's insulting for a club to be ambitious in trying to sign a player that is above their budget and then admitting publicly that their ambition has been thwarted doesnt seem cheeky. It seems quite honest to me? Certainly when compared with the weasel-ry you get up here every time the SevCo and their journalist pals are trying to unsettle a player.

They shouldn’t be publicly talking about another team’s player, in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Sheffield Wednesday that were linked with big Fin are  trying to prize McKenna from Aberdeen but another bid rejected. Wonder I’d Stuart maybe a back up option. Could be one to develop late on today.

Think you could be spot on with that but obviously hoping for the best and it might be to late 

2 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

Window shuts at 5pm in England 

Guy from West Ham on talksport this morning said it takes 4-5hours to do a medical. If that’s the case a move seems unlikely

However Rangers managed to give Naismith a medical in about five minutes in a car on the M77 so who knows

Just now, piffer said:

Guy from West Ham on talksport this morning said it takes 4-5hours to do a medical. If that’s the case a move seems unlikely

However Rangers managed to give Naismith a medical in about five minutes in a car on the M77 so who knows

Heard on Sky sports earlier that Dybala wouldn't need to do a medical should he join Spurs, Spurs would take data from pre season tests from Juventus which i found strange. 

5 minutes ago, Blair K said:

Heard on Sky sports earlier that Dybala wouldn't need to do a medical should he join Spurs, Spurs would take data from pre season tests from Juventus which i found strange. 

A lot of trust in that. 

I know clubs from down south have signed players and done medicals at the likes of Ross Hall or local medical facilities.  I’ve also heard of cases of them sending players to third party clubs for a medical. Taking the selling clubs word for it is a new one. 

Edited by piffer