Press conference

skygod

Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen but our new manager Angelo Alessio does not fill me with confidence after watching the pre-match interview. Was more interested with what Gary had to say. I GENUINELY hope I am proven wrong but I get the impression the new manager doesn't know if he needs a sh%t or a haircut. I will be watching the game in the Park Hotel tonight. Angelo's English is a poor at best and would love to see some positivity in his interviews, its monotone 

2 minutes ago, Brian1168 said:

Angelo's English is a poor at best and would love to see some positivity in his interviews, its monotone 

AA might be even more old school than SC  and want to do his talking on the park!

Football is a universal language like big bottles of  Peroni and Pasta. Haha

1 minute ago, RAG said:

AA might be even more old school than SC  and want to do his talking on the park!

Football is a universal language like big bottles of  Peroni and Pasta. Haha

I genuinely don't feel that Rag. I get the impression that the players ain't up for an Alessio manager. Too used to SC and the success last season.

4 minutes ago, Glencraigs_killie said:

Give the man a chance only been in the job about a month he will get better with the press once his command of the English language gets better:hurrah:

Well if he was at Chelsea for 2 years then why not better English. Conti is fluent(ish) better than Angelo. Make the effort man!!

10 minutes ago, Brian1168 said:

I genuinely don't feel that Rag. I get the impression that the players ain't up for an Alessio manager. Too used to SC and the success last season.

AA won the EPL bro. At first attempt. His english is obv weak point at present. Everybody knows. He managed juve when conte was banned for months, aside from his Chelsea efforts, could be players know they’re not as good as he’s used too and he’s told them as much. Everyone can improve. The players look nervous of saying wrong thing or in any way contradicting him IMO. On park that counts for nothing. This season is important we do our talking on park, rather than focussing on AA picking up English in noisy, crowded rooms in the pressers. 

Edited by RAG

Can't believe the amount of negativity about the manager already just because his English isn't so great.  I'm sure Billy Bowie would of chosen someone else if he wanted to give the job to a fluent English speaker.. But in my opinion I reckon he gave him the job because of his experience and potential as his own man.  Just like any manager they don't have to answer questions especially about players in or out with an important match within 24 hours.  Give him time and let him do what he thinks is best. Get behind the players again and keep the upward trajectory we've been moving in over the past couple of years.. 

4 hours ago, skygod said:

The difference being that not many Killie fans have taken on a man management job in Italy! 

Communication is really important in gaining people’s respect and putting your ideas across.

I used to squirm when Pochettino did his post-match interviews through an interpreter at Southampton. Once he improved his English at Spurs, I appreciated much more his character and his humour. 

If the team does the business on the pitch nobody will care about press conferences and, really, they are not the point. The point is how he is getting the players on board and building relationships with them. 

Agree. As unfair as it is, part of our success last season was to out battle the other teams on AND OFF the field. Don’t know how many times after scc pressers we we were loving the way the press were drooling over his every word and how he could slap the twisted sisters without ( in shields fashion) crossing the line. Alessio needs a charismatic coaching staff and strong player representation - in this regard loss of Boyd is damaging - while he adapts. Otherwise we will lose last seasons edge that can be gained by playing the press. But as skygod says, if the players are on board we’ll be good. I’m a little nervous and do wonder if a pascali may be a better bridge for us on the media/fan side.

5 hours ago, skygod said:

The difference being that not many Killie fans have taken on a man management job in Italy! 

Communication is really important in gaining people’s respect and putting your ideas across.

I used to squirm when Pochettino did his post-match interviews through an interpreter at Southampton. Once he improved his English at Spurs, I appreciated much more his character and his humour. 

If the team does the business on the pitch nobody will care about press conferences and, really, they are not the point. The point is how he is getting the players on board and building relationships with them. 

Pochettino at Southampton is the perfect example of a manager who struggled with press conferences, to the extent that he needed an interpreter as you pointed out, but whose team delivered on the park. 

I don’t care about Alessio’s character or humour, I just care about whether or not he turns out to be a good manager for the club. 

I’ve said from the beginning that this is a huge gamble and can impact on the massive success Clarke brought us and I, sadly, am highly skeptical about this guy. 

That being said, the interview didn’t really bother me too much. The guy should be applauded for sitting there and trying to answer the questions put towards him. Some of these journalists, who know he can’t speak English fluently elongated their questions unnecessarily and didn’t make it easy for him to answer. 

“Alessio have their been any bids for Stuart Findlay?” Would have been easier than a 22 second question asking a different way if bloody Oxford had bid for him. I mean f**king Oxford for £500k... asking the question about them was moronic as it’s never going to happen for that price. 

Body language from Dicker? Hmm I’m no expert on physical body language past the basics from my old sales days, but when he speaks Dicker always seems quite passive and a lot of what he said sounded like classic Clarke. 

I think we need to appreciate that the players will be as gutted, maybe even more so, that Clarke has left. It’s a transition period and it will take time for everyone to find their feet. 

My big concern is AA wants us to press the ball, this is a complete opposite to what SSC has us playing which worked so effectively. I know it was just friendly matches, but I did notice when we lost the ball (mainly due to lack of attacking intent) teams broke through our midfield very quickly and one or two passes split us. I’d have hoped we had kept the same DNA until AA knew what he was working with and started making subtle changes, not changing the philosophy from the get-go. 

Again that’s the skeptic in me as all the best side in Scotland press and all top European sides do too. Perhaps it’s me that’s the dinosaur!

Seriously...with the lack on language skills in this country, no one should have the nerve to critisice an Italian’s quality of English when speaking publicly. I tried to learn Italian last year and had an epic fail.

i challenge any fan to learn enough Italian to have a post match interview with Angelo .

Lets just hope that in the short term he can express his vision and explain his tactics and strategy to the players.

1 hour ago, virtuocity said:

Killie fans man... the same people demanding the appointment of a manager beyond the Largs academy moaning that the new guy’s English isn’t good enough.  

Are u surprised lol... I'm just glad there's so many experts on here that's clearly managed big clubs before.. why wasn't your names in the hat... Bolt.....

The Press are like attack dogs always looking for an angle, AA is here to manage KFC and win us games not get too involved in pandering to the press.

Laudable that he wants to do it but ultimately he's here to take us to the next level and I have no doubt over the next couple of month's we will wonder what all the fuss was about!! Hang tough guys we have a born winner in our midst.. 

:hurrah: :hurrah:

10 hours ago, Brian1168 said:

Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen but our new manager Angelo Alessio does not fill me with confidence after watching the pre-match interview. Was more interested with what Gary had to say. I GENUINELY hope I am proven wrong but I get the impression the new manager doesn't know if he needs a sh%t or a haircut. I will be watching the game in the Park Hotel tonight. Angelo's English is a poor at best and would love to see some positivity in his interviews, its monotone 

This is up there with the s**tiest s**te I've read on these forums. An absolute powerhouse of effort to find some crumb of negativity, and then couching it in the classic 'oh, I hope I'm wrong..."

You are shamefully clueless, and I'll preempt the "just my opinion m8" by letting you know that just because you have one, doesn't mean you need to voice it.