Nomads away, Fred

CB

Good game management from the Nomads. They have a good shape. We need to be more direct and keep ball on the deck to overcome them. Their centre forward is slow as a week in jail. Need to play slightly higher up. Decent enough first half. We’ll beat this lot over 2 legs and that’ll give us more match sharpness. 

Just now, Mclean07 said:

Why don’t we up the pace. The odd time we do it, they struggle. All this tw@tting about with easy passes!!

It looks to me like a team working on implementing a style. There is a clear and active choice - if the pass isn’t likely to succeed, retain the ball.

Very different to Steve Clarke: if the ball wasn’t on after a few passes, it went into the corner.

3 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Considering all the circumstances , not too bad start .....final ball is letting us down though, hopefully that will improve 

they are a very ugly team to play against 

Ferguson on the radio called a tackle “downright dangerous” and could have given Power “a serious injury”.

Just now, NorfolkG said:

It looks to me like a team working on implementing a style. There is a clear and active choice - if the pass isn’t likely to succeed, retain the ball.

Very different to Steve Clarke: if the ball wasn’t on after a few passes, it went into the corner.

You need to take a risk now and again, though. 

Just now, Mclean07 said:

You need to take a risk now and again, though. 

Absolutely.

Bit I see this as similar to St Mirren last season. It fits in to an overall structured pre-season.

I would like the tempo increased but the end goal is to go through, regardless.

It’s very difficult to break down a team set up like this. The outball down the right is there every time and we need to exploit it more. A bit quicker in the transition from midfield wouldn’t hurt but it’s only our 3rd game so far this season so we are bound to be a bit rusty. Confident we will find a way through. Jamie in goal gives me the fear tho! 

Along with having a new Manager , You have to factor in this is our first real game for a couple of months ......our passing will take time to get up to speed ......we need to get through this tie one way or another...and for me if we can keep a clean sheet and nick a goal tonight we will 

From what i see watching the game, there seems to be quite a dynamic system applied, especially at the back. Findlay left back at times, Dicker coming deep for the ball I guess are all down to the set up of Nomads.

Desperately need another couple of forward / attacking type players. Could see Kiltie coming on in 2nd half to try and do something. 

Just now, maxyboy said:

We look decent, against a poor side right enough but the balls been on the deck more often than not which is a good sign. Brophy unlucky, set pieces poor but keep plugging away and we’ll win the game 

I’m really encouraged by the attempts to retain the ball, on the deck, through the middle.

Bit slow but encouraging.