Justice done

c_u_jimmy

As has been said the result was the important factor and looking at all the Scottish teams first games this week all of them struggled for large parts of their games on to next Thursday hopefully big crowd to see the job finished off!

42 minutes ago, KFC_Macca said:

Ach no need to put the boot into the Welsh. They are a tiny club with a tiny budget and they battled for their lives. Fair play to them. Pleased to come away with the win.

Well said. Many times we played against old firm and battled with little offensive play. Tough tackling, time wasting. You do what you based on the opposition and the resources you have. Not pretty but their job is not to entertain us or sit back and watch us play pretty football. Quality showed in the end.

2 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Well said. Many times we played against old firm and battled with little offensive play. Tough tackling, time wasting. You do what you based on the opposition and the resources you have. Not pretty but their job is not to entertain us or sit back and watch us play pretty football. Quality showed in the end.

There is solid, defensive organisation and then there is just putting the boot in.

I’ve seen plenty of teams at lower levels actually try to play.

1 minute ago, NorfolkG said:

There is solid, defensive organisation and then there is just putting the boot in.

I’ve seen plenty of teams at lower levels actually try to play.

Falkirk, under Hughes for example, always try to play football. Others had such a reputation, even against the big two. It can be done. It usually ends up in a beating. My point is that killie teams of the past  have gone out with the sole objective to kick and fight and scrap to keep much better teams with much bigger resources out. And most of us have cheered passionately at every kick and body check delivered. If it was good enough for killie it’s good enough for nomads. As I said, you do what you do to maximise the chance of a result. 

9 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Falkirk, under Hughes for example, always try to play football. Others had such a reputation, even against the big two. It can be done. It usually ends up in a beating. My point is that killie teams of the past  have gone out with the sole objective to kick and fight and scrap to keep much better teams with much bigger resources out. And most of us have cheered passionately at every kick and body check delivered. If it was good enough for killie it’s good enough for nomads. As I said, you do what you do to maximise the chance of a result. 

I don’t remember Killie teams doing that!

Kicking teams off the pitch is a farce.

49 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

What a load of pish.

I can't remember a time in 40 years that a Killie team went out with the sole intention of kicking the opposition of the park and wasting time.

The game we drew 1-1 at Ibrox when Greg Stewart scored we done a pretty good job of breaking up play, time wasting and general s**thousery. This team played to their strengths, who are we to get annoyed that they don’t open up and play expansive football. That’s the kind of chat from Rangers or Celtic fans on twitter. 

They pay their players travel expenses and maybe a few quid on top if they're a big name. Those guys all have full time jobs in other fields. They were asked to play against sides who train every day and have a budget of thirty to forty times more. To put in context, when we play Celtic they are 50th in the European rankings and we are around 260th with them spending about 17 times as much on players. Over the years we've seen how big that gulf can become. Nomads had to find against a much bigger gulf given they barely scrape into Europe's top 1000 clubs.

It wasn't pretty but they put themselves in with a chance of causing an upset against all odds. You can't really blame them for that. One area we do need to improve on is breaking down sides who sit in against us, these games will be good for the manager to identify that issue and consider how to resolve it.

7 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Falkirk, under Hughes for example, always try to play football. Others had such a reputation, even against the big two. It can be done. It usually ends up in a beating

"""My point is that killie teams of the past  have gone out with the sole objective to kick and fight and scrap to keep much better teams with much bigger resources out. And most of us have cheered passionately at every kick and body check delivered. If it was good enough for killie it’s good enough for nomads. """

As I said, you do what you do to maximise the chance of a result. 

The first and last bit j agree with, the middle section is frankly horsesh1t.  I have never seen a killie team deliberately kick another team off the park, from 2 to 11, which is what Nomads did last night.  Classic Wimbledon tactics (intimidate and them win with your lesser ability)

6 hours ago, livvy said:

They pay their players travel expenses and maybe a few quid on top if they're a big name. Those guys all have full time jobs in other fields. They were asked to play against sides who train every day and have a budget of thirty to forty times more. To put in context, when we play Celtic they are 50th in the European rankings and we are around 260th with them spending about 17 times as much on players. Over the years we've seen how big that gulf can become. Nomads had to find against a much bigger gulf given they barely scrape into Europe's top 1000 clubs.

It wasn't pretty but they put themselves in with a chance of causing an upset against all odds. You can't really blame them for that. One area we do need to improve on is breaking down sides who sit in against us, these games will be good for the manager to identify that issue and consider how to resolve it.

Said  on the radio they had 8 full time pros in their starting 11

I wonder if anyone remembers Gus Macpherson take out a Tic player who was rumoured to be carrying an injury, practically from the kick off? May have been Didier Agathe but I’m not sure. He lasted a few more minutes then hobbled off. 

I didn’t think Nomads were particularly physical last night - I’ve seen worse from teams in our league. Aberdeen being the obvious example from last season, their behaviour in the top six game was a disgrace. Glad to see them lose a late goal last night - would be funny if that ended up putting them out with big Momo scoring the winner in Finland. 

17 minutes ago, historyman said:

I wonder if anyone remembers Gus Macpherson take out a Tic player who was rumoured to be carrying an injury, practically from the kick off? May have been Didier Agathe but I’m not sure. He lasted a few more minutes then hobbled off. 

I didn’t think Nomads were particularly physical last night - I’ve seen worse from teams in our league. Aberdeen being the obvious example from last season, their behaviour in the top six game was a disgrace. Glad to see them lose a late goal last night - would be funny if that ended up putting them out with big Momo scoring the winner in Finland. 

I do agree that Aberdeen are more physical that them.

Sone of the early tackles on Brophy and Power looked designed to hurt though.

7 hours ago, livvy said:

8 of their starting 11 were FT players

3 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

The first and last bit j agree with, the middle section is frankly horsesh1t.  I have never seen a killie team deliberately kick another team off the park, from 2 to 11, which is what Nomads did last night.  Classic Wimbledon tactics (intimidate and them win with your lesser ability)

Aye, big Derrick McDicken would never have left his leg in. 

13 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

To be fair, football now is VERY different to football in the 80s.

Indeed but there has been a ridiculous amount of hyperbole on here about how Nomads went about there business last night. Guys like Broadfoot, Dicker and Power are no shrinking violets. They always make sure the opposition know they are there.