Fine coming our way !

MrTumnus

2 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

If your pastime is being abusive, I’d very strongly suggest a new pastime would be healthy for you.

The pastime is going to the football.

I'll stick with it for now until the snowflake generation fully takeover and we are given a sheet when we walk through the turnstiles detailing what big nasty sweary words are ok to shout and which ones are not...…...it's coming. 

3 minutes ago, Fudger said:

I'll stick with it for now until the snowflake generation fully takeover and we are given a sheet when we walk through the turnstiles detailing what big nasty sweary words are ok to shout and which ones are not...…...it's coming. 

I don’t think anyone is saying that swearing should be banned. I’ve never seen that said here or heard it suggested at a match.

Making light of paedophilia is thoroughly unpleasant. You never know who you are sitting next to who might not find it such a laugh. 

Edited by NorfolkG

7 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

If your pastime is being abusive, I’d very strongly suggest a new pastime would be healthy for you.

The pastime is going to the football.

Aw who are you and the rest of the f**king moaners on here to dictate how folk act at the football? 

You honestly trying to make out that all shouts that are abusive should be canned?

Give it a rest man. Away and watch the rugby or ice hockey.

2 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Aw who are you and the rest of the f**king moaners on here to dictate how folk act at the football? 

You honestly trying to make out that all shouts that are abusive should be canned?

Give it a rest man. Away and watch the rugby or ice hockey.

I’m not dictating anything. I’m giving my opinion.

And no, re-read what I said. Properly. I said making light of child abuse is thoroughly unpleasant and I see no justification for it.

14 minutes ago, Fudger said:

I think your own personal values would determine what is/is not acceptable.

17 minutes ago, Fudger said:

This probably is being blown a bit out of proportion but your post is just a straw man argument. Nobody on here is suggesting anything like what you say. People are merely pointing out that abusing people by calling them paedos is moronic and the kind of behaviour you’d expect to see at Ibrox. I would think most normal people would agree that throwing objects at players is dangerous and stupid, while the pyro stuff is only going to lead to the club being punished.

I don’t want to see football being sanitised any more than it has been and there should always be room for some dark humour. But all the stuff being discussed here goes beyond that and reflects really badly on us.

Edited by killie89

1 hour ago, All the Wine said:

Jesus you'd think fans had invaded the pitch, punched the linesman and shat in Nomads bosses boot bag. 

Folk need to calm down a bit this has been blown way out of proportion

I'd pay good money to see some wee, pretend hoolie-lite s**t in Morrison's boot bag. 

He'd rip them a new arsehole 

Edited by Whiskychimp

23 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

You have to be present at an event to have an opinion about it?

That is a peculiar stance.

You definitely don’t, however reading some of the OTT moral high ground pish today reminds of why I find myself spending less and less time on here. Bed wetting nonsense.

1 hour ago, Fudger said:

This sums it up for me. All these quotes of "this is not welcome at our club", "this is not what Killie is about", "we are better than that"...….says who? Who gets to decide what is acceptable and what is not? I say that within reason before anyone gets on their high horse. 

Football fans are tribal by their very nature and with this comes some drinking, some swearing and some abusive shouts at other players and fans. If this is no longer deemed acceptable then it's time for a new past time for me. 

Thank f**k some of the folk on this forum do not (currently) dictate what can be shouted at a match. 

Very well said.

Some good debate amongst some childish insults.

This was a great away day and I’m envious of those there. It will be one of the highlights of the year - type of thing young Guys look back on in 20 years - stories of drunkenness, womanising and the guy that let off the smoke bomb. The kind of trip as that is was for me in shelbourne or watching Scotland in France 98. It’s gotta be outrageous to be fun when your late teens and 20s. Football used to be a plAce where good, fair minded people, could let their hair down a bit.  Join in the outrageous banter. Be the person they are not during the rest of their daily lives. The majority - and now law -  has dictated that behaviour at football matches should be of the standards expected in normal public life. Shame.

I can forgive the guy for the smoke bomb. Great stories to hold onto. Come up with something else next time that won’t constitute at 10 k fine though. Throwing something, no. Deserve anything coming your way. Wolf whistling....I’m sure that was in honour of brophy, right? Peado not a reference that sits well. Stick with fat, baldy etc..that should have a longer shelf life than many of the old collection

Keep enjoying yourselves to the max - it is meant to be fun after all. But there are lines. 

47 minutes ago, Merk said:

You definitely don’t, however reading some of the OTT moral high ground pish today reminds of why I find myself spending less and less time on here. Bed wetting nonsense.

Exactly. Some of the nonsense spouted on this thread by the bed wetting fraternity is laughable. Next they will be saying we should refuse an allocation for Belgrade. 

Support in Rhyl were superb and all who travelled should be applauded.

I walked around the entire ground and made it eventually to the corner where Burke won the penalty. 

There can’t be many fans who travelled and didn’t get a ticket. I got one for the Home end but I was offered several more in the preceding days.

If you wanted one they were some kicking about.