Tickets for home Nomads game

Killieknight

9 hours ago, Zorro said:

Where’s the incentive to change to QR code ticketing if you are still able to obtain a printed ticket for the same price? Why should the club be financially penalised for doing a job most households can do themselves in a maximum of ten minutes? As you say, time is money and people are quick enough to moan about all the other jobs the staff should be doing. It would seem unfair when they’re tied up dealing with stuff like this. 

You do realise it cost the club many thousands of pounds to set up the QR code ticketing system. Maybe the club could recoup some of that outlay by charging folk extra that use the system?

13 minutes ago, FTAD said:

I'd be surprised if they were fully sold out. I bought two East stand tickets at the back of 11 last night and it was single seats only in the central blocks but there were plenty available towards both corners, front and back. Maybe a couple of hundred. 

Maube trying to force sales into the Moffat to fill it up a bit? I agree there is no way the east is fully sold out. 

1 minute ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

You do realise it cost the club many thousands of pounds to set up the QR code ticketing system. Maybe the club could recoup some of that outlay by charging folk extra that use the system?

The system will pay for its self over the course of a couple of games, while the Luddite option will continue to drain resources. 

10 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

They did that as in the long term it'll save the club money.

Having folk standing in a queue doesn't. Neither does printing tickets (which will also become obsolete in time)

The question on Thursday night will be why are there so many empty seats in the east and FB when it looked to be almost sold out. I think the position is being managed between online and shop sales. My ST is in block 21 FB and was “fully booked” on day one- it’s now showing white on the site. 

7 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

You do realise that adding a charge to the new system would deter people from using it? Which would render the thousands spent utterly wasteful.

I would charge a fiver for paper tickets bought in person. The fee needs to be a deterrent, not a mild inconvenience. We've had three big games in the last wee while which the club sold lots of tickets for - Aberdeen in the Cup, Rangers at home at the end of the season, and Thursday night.

I bought tickets in person for the first two, and it was nothing short of a ****ing shambles. Proper Keystone cops stuff. For the Aberdeen game you had the club shop, the shop in the town and the office all selling tickets, blissfully unaware of what the others were doing. For the Rangers game I stood in a queue for half an hour in the club shop, even though there were only three folk in front of me.

For Thursday nights game, I clicked on the link provided by the club, picked a seat, paid, and within ten seconds had a message saying it was in my wallet.

As for the old buggers with Nokia 3310s, they seem to get on Ryanair flights OK, so if there is a £5 charge for a ticket, they'll find a way to get an e-ticket.

15 minutes ago, Steppskillie said:

Charging a booking fee on either option is ludicrous...we are supposed to be encouraging not discouraging fans to attend matches. Scottish football is expensive enough without adding booking fees to the cost.

I could not agree more. 

Its different for a gig (although, I think that’s a rip off too) as they don’t happen every second week over a 9months.

if Killie were to start charging admin fees, then they can count me out, which is a pity, cos  they’ve only just got me and my bestie back over the last couple of seasons.

32 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

You do realise that adding a charge to the new system would deter people from using it? Which would render the thousands spent utterly wasteful.

I would charge a fiver for paper tickets bought in person. The fee needs to be a deterrent, not a mild inconvenience. We've had three big games in the last wee while which the club sold lots of tickets for - Aberdeen in the Cup, Rangers at home at the end of the season, and Thursday night.

I bought tickets in person for the first two, and it was nothing short of a ****ing shambles. Proper Keystone cops stuff. For the Aberdeen game you had the club shop, the shop in the town and the office all selling tickets, blissfully unaware of what the others were doing. For the Rangers game I stood in a queue for half an hour in the club shop, even though there were only three folk in front of me.

For Thursday nights game, I clicked on the link provided by the club, picked a seat, paid, and within ten seconds had a message saying it was in my wallet.

As for the old buggers with Nokia 3310s, they seem to get on Ryanair flights OK, so if there is a £5 charge for a ticket, they'll find a way to get an e-ticket.

Aye,feel free to fire into the old buggers,easy target. The one doing the most moaning about tickets wasn't an old bugger, unless he buys smoke bombs with his pension.9_9

8 minutes ago, Mikastar said:

Its different for a gig (although, I think that’s a rip off too) as they don’t happen every second week over a 9months.

Speak for yourself - I attend a lot of gigs! 

But all-ticket Killie matches are, for now, rare. 

If you have a season ticket, it’s only some cup-ties which should affect you. 

Even if you haven’t got a season ticket, you should still be able to pay at the gate at most matches. 

The number of matches where most people have to buy a ticket should be negligible. 

Edited by skygod

45 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

To charge a fan extra to buy a ticket by any method is complete and utter madness.

9 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Aye,feel free to fire into the old buggers,easy target. The one doing the most moaning about tickets wasn't an old bugger, unless he buys smoke bombs with his pension.9_9

I'm not firing into the old buggers - someone else was on their behalf! I think they'll cope just fine, especially if the alternative is paying a fiver.

12 minutes ago, Mikastar said:

I could not agree more. 

if Killie were to start charging admin fees, then they can count me out, which is a pity, cos  they’ve only just got me and my bestie back over the last couple of seasons.

We're only talking about admin fees for the tickets that require substantial admin, i.e paper tickets. I wouldn't charge to use the app because we want to encourage that.

15 minutes ago, Lions13 said:

It might be there will be no ticket sales tomorrow. Does anyone know the UEFA rules? 

We might not be able to sell on the day of the game. 

Would help immensely if supporters were told this well in advance ..some supporters from outwith the area may make a journey not knowing there will be no tickets for sale on match day 

10 hours ago, Zorro said:

An additional charge isn’t a barrier, it’s a fee for providing an extra service. Times change and people need to change with them because every penny counts for the club, if we want to keep being a top six side. You know that old proverb “for want of a nail”? Think of it like that with the booking fee as the nail. Replace horseshoes etc with sales of things like football shirts, advertising boards, hospitality packages. Which allow us to bring in better players and increased prize money for higher league finishing positions. If staff are wasting time on tickets, they don’t have time to nail those damn horseshoes on. 

The old boys with their Nokia 3310’s get cut price concessionary tickets, an extra quid isn’t going to break the bank for them. 

Plenty of casual ageism here.    If we want to get people to use the online systems them make them slick, don't try to force people by adding costs and potentially losing customers, while the new systems can't cope.  

The online system is not yet robust.  Remember all the problems surrounding season tickets?  The club had to organise open evenings to sort out the problems caused by the new system. For Thursday's match remember the message to call if your seat was unavailable in FB due to computer problems,  then no one answered the phone?  

First rule of sales:  the customer is always right, so if customer wants a physical ticket, give them one but also make it slick enough that they might try the on line system too.

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Fans queuing hours for tickets meaning the club has to pay for extra staff when they are actively trying to encourage online sales is even madder IMO.

If they want online sales then make sure systems work properly!  Remember problems with season tickets on line?  Club had to run evening sessions to fix them, involving extra staff.  For this week, there were problems with FB seats and club said to call but no one answered the phones as not enough staff to cope with the weaknesses of computer system.

If you have robust systems working properly then on line sales will boom but we still need to offer alternatives too.

Can see both points of view, and I for one would quite happily use the website to purchase my tickets and I tried several times, however what about the supporters that want to sit in specific stand, area or seat for example in the FB stand, when the web sales opened almost all of the FB was showing as unavailable and we had no option but to queue up and purchase tickets, not our fault so why should we be punished and made to pay more ? When we eventually got to the window at the ticket office they didn’t offer the option to open the section up and book our tickets only that we could collect a ticket and pay for it on another day. If the club could sort out the issue of making the stands and sections available I’m sure the majority of fans would get their tickets this way. 

I always prefer a physical ticket in my hand for football, gigs etc. 

More reliable and say your phone dies or whatever, you're gubbed.

Also i always keep my stubs.

In all probability paper tickets will disappear in the next few years the same way as football coupons etc.