Shankland

1 minute ago, Wrangodog said:

Two convictions for assault, one civil action for rape. He will not play for Scotland again. 

Surely the purpose of the criminal justice system is to reform and rehabilitate offenders? It would seem grossly unfair to prevent him from practicing his chosen profession at international level and remove any incentive to rehabilitate if he’s to have a glass ceiling imposed on his career. Especially when he’s scored nine leave goals already this season and it’s only a meaningless game against San Marino. 

4 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Surely the purpose of the criminal justice system is to reform and rehabilitate offenders? It would seem grossly unfair to prevent him from practicing his chosen profession at international level and remove any incentive to rehabilitate if he’s to have a glass ceiling imposed on his career. Especially when he’s scored nine leave goals already this season and it’s only a meaningless game against San Marino. 

I'm not concerned about Goodwillie and the reasons why he is not a fit person to play for Scotland, don't attempt to equate him with Shankland. I think Shankland should be given a chance, that's my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

I'm not concerned about Goodwillie and the reasons why he is not a fit person to play for Scotland, don't attempt to equate him with Shankland. I think Shankland should be given a chance, that's my opinion. 

I think neither deserves a chance but Goodwillie is clearly better qualified to play international football than Shankland. 

8 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Shankland was offered less money down south, would you take more risk with your career for less money or less risk for more money?

The whole thing of where he plays is irrelevant, he has an untrainable knowledge of how to find the net so give him a chance in an uncompetitive match.

It really isn't irrelevant though. There is a massive jump from scoring in the Championship in Scotland to the top league, and then an even bigger jump to the international stage.

1 hour ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Shankland was offered less money down south, would you take more risk with your career for less money or less risk for more money?

The whole thing of where he plays is irrelevant, he has an untrainable knowledge of how to find the net so give him a chance in an uncompetitive match.

And just like Cammy Bell, he has to accept the consequences of his actions. 

On 9/23/2019 at 8:52 PM, Zorro said:

We don’t have the luxury of experimenting  if we have any hope of qualifying through the play-offs. SC needs time to drill a group of individuals into a team capable of following simple instructions. Building confidence with a comfortable win against San Marino wouldn’t do the group any harm either.

If Shankland wants to play international football he should get himself a move to a team playing at a higher level than the Scottish championship. Perhaps he recognises himself that he isn’t good enough. I also wonder how many people championing him, got worked up about rangers players getting picked when they played in the lower leagues. 

Guess Steve Clarke doesn't care what league he is playing in. 

On 9/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, fraz65 said:

Apart from a draw against the Faroes over ten years ago, when did Scotland last drop points against the lowest-tiered side in the group? 

Wales beat us home and away when they were bottom seeds.

Although we also beat top seeds Croatia home and away in the same group.

I think that's a record only Scotland could ,and have, managed...

Where’s the Shankland fan club after last night? He was anonymous against part-timers, playing for the worst team in the league. He had one free header about eight yards out and missed the target by about ten yards. Can’t believe some people wanted us to make him our highlight paid player.