Addio Alessio

the doomed

3 minutes ago, Big G said:

Some people on here really are deluded. From the minute he came in the door we needed at least three front players, What to we get a goalie that is not

that good and a defensive midfield player when we have the best 2 in the league  says it all really.   

I don’t agree so delete this comment, thread, site and club.

Just now, Killieboykfc said:

We dont know if Branescu is good or not yet because we haven't even seen him play.

Power and Dicker arent the best two midfielders in the league, don't be ridiculous.

I'm not happy with AA and I'd get rid of him but unfair to have a go at the new keeper here.

Power is, in my opinion. 

Bossed every opponent for 2 years.

2 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Power is, in my opinion. 

Bossed every opponent for 2 years.

In reality though with the blue tinted specs off his isny tho is he.

Every Celtic midfielder is better, hence why they play for Celtic.

I love Power to bits and think he is f**king superb but he isnt the best midfielder in the league.

6 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

In reality though with the blue tinted specs off his isny tho is he.

Every Celtic midfielder is better, hence why they play for Celtic.

I love Power to bits and think he is f**king superb but he isnt the best midfielder in the league.

He bosses everyone. Back to back POTY for the third best team in the country.

If he were 25, playing the way he did last season, we would never in a million years have been able to extend his deal.

In my opinion he and Bachmann were the two ‘Celtic level’ players we had. With Taylor getting there.

We finished third and went toe-toe-toe with the Old Firm. Because we had players and a manager of a comparable level.

1 minute ago, NorfolkG said:

We finished third and went toe-toe-toe with the Old Firm. Because we had players and a manager of a comparable level.

Same players last night lost by 2 goals to a pub team. I think this tells you all you need to know about the new manager.

15 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Why when brophy is absolutely pish for the umpteenth game in a row does the game “ not suit him” whilst far better, consistent, performers get hammered. Open your eyes folks. Brophy is a big part of our problem. He is not good enough to play the lone striker role. For some reason, nice tattoos and a quirky nick name perhaps?! He gets away with it. His goal scoring record from open play is poor. Check it. He’s a striker, our main goal threat. Supposedly. A top striker could have dug a goal out early on and the complication of the game could have changed. There were others as bad tonight but let’s get real about brophy form over the last 6 months since jones and Stewart stopped tearing the opposition teams up.

I quoted that, I never said the game never suited him. 

3 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Aye but it was still a.clusterf**k of an approach, which was much more like Stubbs approach who basically told the player he inherited that their medals were worth jack sh1t and they were all p1sh.  He then hunted some, dropped and pissed off the rest and brought in a sh1t load of diddies.

We may have been crap last night but the two situations are hardly comparable.

I think you are confusing “ the damned United “ a la Clough .  What medals did the St Mirren players have ? Understandable confusion but let’s get the facts right. 

The issue I'm having is that he wasn't employed to be given time to implement his own ideas like it's his own little pet project. His first task was to get us through the first round - abject failure. Whether he then goes on and does ok is neither here nor there to be honest. The best thing that has happened to this club in years and he (and the team) royally f**ked it up.

Unfortunately, AA will now be forever remembered for one of the worst results in the clubs history.  He will never shake this off.  It would be great though if this is just a really unfortunate result and he turns it around.  However if he doesn't and we are needing to dispose of him and his staff, this will surely be a huge financial hit for the club.  I cannot get my head around appointing someone whom has never been a permanent manager, doesn't know the league, speaks very limited English, has only really coached the very best of players, doesn't play the same formula as his very successful predecessor.  Saying all of that, I was probably as excited as the next person when he was appointed. Only a result like last night makes you search for the answers.

1 minute ago, Comeonkillie said:

Unfortunately, AA will now be forever remembered for one of the worst results in the clubs history.  He will never shake this off.  It would be great though if this is just a really unfortunate result and he turns it around.  However if he doesn't and we are needing to dispose of him and his staff, this will surely be a huge financial hit for the club.  I cannot get my head around appointing someone whom has never been a permanent manager, doesn't know the league, speaks very limited English, has only really coached the very best of players, doesn't play the same formula as his very successful predecessor.  Saying all of that, I was probably as excited as the next person when he was appointed. Only a result like last night makes you search for the answers.

Probably shouldn’t have given him a 3 year contract. Give him 1 year with the option to extend depending on what he does.

48 minutes ago, diamond_geezer said:

I think you are confusing “ the damned United “ a la Clough .  What medals did the St Mirren players have ? Understandable confusion but let’s get the facts right. 

They had just been promoted as winners of the championship so he was referring to those medals 

The complete meltdown on the forum and the 180 degree turn on Alessio, from people who only 48 hours ago thought that we had recruited the best manager in the SPL, has been almost as entertaining as the two matches against Partizan would have been. 

Edited by fraz65

4 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Strachan recovered from a 5-0 defeat to Artmedia Bratislava and replacing Celtic hero Martin O'Neill. Alessio might not succeed at Killie but he has to be given a chance. What worked for SSC might not work for Alessio, and players are going to have to adapt to change. If yesterday wasn't a blip then we'll be looking for a new manager sooner rather than later, but it's too soon and probably too expensive to dump him now. Apart from the Hamilton game where they were absolutely woeful we struggled for goals from January onwards and that was with Mulumbu, McAleny, and Millar. I'm not making excuses, yesterday was hellish and a SSC team wouldn't have been so naive defensively, but give AA a chance to bring in his own system and players. 

Absolutely this. 

9 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

, butgive AA a chance to bring in his own systemand players. 

Absolutely this. 

Absolutely this. 

•  

Or he gets time ( October / November ) makes an absolute pigs ear of it and we're left with his recruits , demoralised squad that got us here and a club gone backwards 

3 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Absolutely this. 

I just cant see anything the guy can do from here to recover that does not involve magical thinking of some kind.

We don't have a budget to allow him to sign anybody at a higher level than we have currently got.

His grasp of Engljsh is clearly a problem and he 100% obviously does not have the respect of the players. Neither of these things is going to change anytime soon.

So what on earth is going to get significantly better before we have played all the other SPFL teams once?

17 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

Or he gets time ( October / November ) makes an absolute pigs ear of it and we're left with his recruits , demoralised squad that got us here and a club gone backwards 

48 hours ago he was the best manager in the SPL, with contacts throughout Europe, being praised by del Piero, and we were the envy of the other clubs.

One bad result later and he should be immediately sacked. 

I'm not sure that a Game of Thrones-style approach is the best long-term business plan for our club. 

Edited by fraz65

A club with the resourced of Kilmarnock cannot afford to appoint a managers who want to bring in different systems and players, each time we change a mansger. It results in high player turnover which is the biggest wasteful cost in any football club.

We've the strongest nucleus of a team we've had in at least a decade. Solid senior pros and younger players on long contracts with significant experience and value. We should have appointed a head coach or manager to build upon that, not take the team into a different way of playing. The cost of having players who dont fit a way of playing is one we cannot afford.

Looking at last night, the primary job of any manager is to get the best out of the players at his disposal. Alessio completely failed at this last night, Clarke was a magician at it. 

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I just cant see anything the guy can do from here to recover that does not involve magical thinking of some kind.

We don't have a budget to allow him to sign anybody at a higher level than we have currently got.

His grasp of Engljsh is clearly a problem and he 100% obviously does not have the respect of the players. Neither of these things is going to change anytime soon.

So what on earth is going to get significantly better before we have played all the other SPFL teams once?

I would at least like to judge him after he has got the team through pre-season. Even SSC struggled to get the team to perform in July. It's all very well to say that the team should have been ready for the Connah's Quay game but four of our players didn't even finish the 2018/19 season until mid-June. This is undoubtedly a leveller against a side with lower ability. There's no getting around the fact that we should have beaten them and it was a massively disappointing result but i'm not going to call for a manager to be sacked on the basis of it. 

I would be happy to have this discussion in December but at the moment it's far too early to make any sort of judgement, one way or another. I was very lukewarm on the Alessio appointment at the time but to sack him two weeks before the SPL season starts would be ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, the doomed said:

A club with the resourced of Kilmarnock cannot afford to appoint a managers who want to bring in different systems and players, each time we change a mansger. It results in high player turnover which is the biggest wasteful cost in any football club.

We've the strongest nucleus of a team we've had in at least a decade. Solid senior pros and younger players on long contracts with significant experience and value. We should have appointed a head coach or manager to build upon that, not take the team into a different way of playing. The cost of having players who dont fit a way of playing is one we cannot afford.

Looking at last night, the primary job of any manager is to get the best out of the players at his disposal. Alessio completely failed at this last night, Clarke was a magician at it. 

Do you think that sacking a manager after two competitive games is a sensible approach for a club the size of Killie? 

Like him or not he's on a 3 year contract on what is presumably a decent wage - we aren't going to get rid of him unless we're doing desperately bad in the league. Last night was atrocious and unforgivable, but we really need to stick together and get behind him for our own sake. Hopefully we'll make a few decent signings over the next couple of weeks before the season starts. Unfortunately for us Rangers are looking fit and firing at the minute so the first game of the season is looking daunting, and a bad result there will just heap more pressure on AA. Regardless of that we still have the players which we've all praised to the rafters over the past couple of seasons - we need to stick with them and give them our backing rather than turning on them after one game, no matter how bad it was. 

6 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

I would at least like to judge him after he has got the team through pre-season. Even SSC struggled to get the team to perform in July. It's all very well to say that the team should have been ready for the Connah's Quay game but four of our players didn't even finish the 2018/19 season until mid-June. This is undoubtedly a leveller against a side with lower ability. There's no getting around the fact that we should have beaten them and it was a massively disappointing result but i'm not going to call for a manager to be sacked on the basis of it. 

I would be happy to have this discussion in December but at the moment it's far too early to make any sort of judgement, one way or another. I was very lukewarm on the Alessio appointment at the time but to sack him two weeks before the SPL season starts would be ridiculous. 

I was also lukewarm, preferring Hughes or Holt as stable options. But I recognised the value of the appointment.

That said, in any job people should be scrutinised continually for performance. AA so far is struggling. No signings of note, limp performances, numerous reports of unrest and our worst ever result.

2 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

I agree it is impossible to  justify binning the guy right now no matter how horrendous the result. The club could not afford it and we would struggle to get a replacement after such a "knee jerk" reaction. What I am saying is there is virtually no prospect that this was just a blip or that the players just have not got used to his system. What you saw last night is what you are going to get and there is nothing any of us can do until results and financial losses justify giving him his P45.

He’s no going anywhere. He’s on a 3 year contract. Let’s judge him in 6 months once he’s got the players in and the system he wants. And any players that aren’t happy with his system can do one. He’s the manager at the end of the day. We have a good solid defence if this keeper is any good. We still have power and dicker. Add some attacking flair and I would still be confident going into the rangers game. If Millar comes in i’d like to try him upfront, that’s where he plays for Liverpool. His pace would cause all sorts of problems, next to Brophy would be ideal.