Addio Alessio

the doomed

27 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Surely AA has to be given 11 matches i.e. to play all the teams in the league once before we make a judgement on him.

He should really be given a couple of seasons if the board are serious about his appointment.

There's no way that he'll be able to deliver on his ideas in the space of a few months. 

1 hour ago, fraz65 said:

He should really be given a couple of seasons if the board are serious about his appointment.

There's no way that he'll be able to deliver on his ideas in the space of a few months. 

It's all very well and good saying that but that doesn't cut it for me and I doubt it will cut it for many others.

For the first time in donkeys we had a brilliant platform to try and build on and at the very least we were stable and secure.

If that all gets ripped apart now then we should just accept it and so should the board all because our new manager needs a season or two to implement his ideas?

You don't get that sort of time in football and you are kidding yourself on if you believe that you do. The board shouldn't be looking for someone to come in and implement radical new ideas with potentially disastrous consequences because it wasn't needed.

In SC we had someone who turned our fortunes around and 'gave us our club back'. That was not Alessio's job, his job was and is to try and consolidate our position and if possible, improve it.

3 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

It's all very well and good saying that but that doesn't cut it for me and I doubt it will cut it for many others.

For the first time in donkeys we had a brilliant platform to try and build on and at the very least we were stable and secure.

If that all gets ripped apart now then we should just accept it and so should the board all because our new manager needs a season or two to implement his ideas?

You don't get that sort of time in football and you are kidding yourself on if you believe that you do. The board shouldn't be looking for someone to come in and implement radical new ideas with potentially disastrous consequences because it wasn't needed.

In SC we had someone who turned our fortunes around and 'gave us our club back'. That was not Alessio's job, his job was and is to try and consolidate our position and if possible, improve it.

The board shouldn't have appointed a foreign manager with strong ideas on his own style of play in that case. 

It's astonishing to me that this seems to have come as a surprise to so many on here. 

1 minute ago, fraz65 said:

The board shouldn't have appointed a foreign manager with strong ideas on his own style of play in that case. 

It's astonishing to me that this seems to have come as a surprise to so many on here. 

I agree with you and had my doubts at the start as well.

We will wait and see what happens but it is still a weird appointment IMO.

Stubbs has 4 months and 9 competitive games. Miller was at Livingston for 7 weeks and 7 games. Interestingly Livingston wanted Miller to stay but give up playing so he could concentrate on management as they didn’t think combining both was working. Miller wanted to continue playing hence why he went to Dundee. Technically Miller wasn’t sacked Livingston and him came to an agreement for him to leave.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:42 PM, MarkyMark said:

Surely AA has to be given 11 matches i.e. to play all the teams in the league once before we make a judgement on him.

I am fairly certain he will get till the start of October. The rational part of my brain says this is a sensible approach. The Killie supporter in me says that after Thursday night he has already given himself far too much of a mountain to climb to ever recover.

I agree with the consolidation argument. Maybe evolution not revolution? Coming in shunting folk out the door and trying to change things too quickly seem to me to be signs of weakness rather than strength to me. I can only hope players are struggling to understand/implement what he wants rather than thinking a football club is a democracy otherwise we're screwed!! 

4 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

He also had Eremenko who in the current side would transform us.

Agree 100% - a player like that is almost a non-negotiable in AA’s system. But Eremenko came in a bit later I seem to recall? Even without him Mixu’s team was looking ok as a work in progress.

4 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

Agree 100% - a player like that is almost a non-negotiable in AA’s system. But Eremenko came in a bit later I seem to recall? Even without him Mixu’s team was looking ok as a work in progress.

We were bottom of the league as I recall when we won 3 nil at tynecastle end of October?, Fraser, the fish and the fat genius. Not so sure there was much early promise if I recall correctly. Eremenko was the missing link and when he got up to speed, we were transformed. 2 or 3 good signings and we are back in the game. 5 or 6 and we can get excited. 1 eremenko or durrant  included and I’m off to the bookies.

7 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

We were bottom of the league as I recall when we won 3 nil at tynecastle end of October?, Fraser, the fish and the fat genius. Not so sure there was much early promise if I recall correctly. Eremenko was the missing link and when he got up to speed, we were transformed. 2 or 3 good signings and we are back in the game. 5 or 6 and we can get excited. 1 eremenko or durrant  included and I’m off to the bookies.

I remember going to the first game and thinking we were good - and totally different to the previous season - but powder puff. Motherwell? The games all roll into one now.

edit: yes. Well at home. I thought Silva and Dayton looked good but I was desperate for us to seal the deal with Guillaume Beuzelin to give us some creativity....

...then we got the upgrade!

Edited by NorfolkG

8 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I remember going to the first game and thinking we were good - and totally different to the previous season - but powder puff. Motherwell? The games all roll into one now.

edit: yes. Well at home. I thought Silva and Dayton looked good but I was desperate for us to seal the deal with Guillaume Beuzelin to give us some creativity....

...then we got the upgrade!

To be fair, now that you mention I remember feeling the same. Even at tynecastle, I don’t remember the feeling of despondency so we must have had some optimism despite the lowly position. But point is if we were bottom that day, it was on paper grounds for worry. But when we got the team playing, with the right personnel, in the right way, we moved quickly up the league - three 3 nil on the bounce as I recall. There is time.

15 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I remember it well. We were on a one way ticket to bottom of the league. Cant remember any promise.

0-1 up from a 1st half Right header. The Fish breaks through 1 on 1 with the keeper and I expected him, as he had done countless times before, to "find his brother in the stand". I can still remember that surreal moment when I realised he had scored. Eremenko added a third and we never looked back. Won about 6 games back to back after that. Absolutely never saw it coming.

6 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

To be fair, now that you mention I remember feeling the same. Even at tynecastle, I don’t remember the feeling of despondency so we must have had some optimism despite the lowly position. But point is if we were bottom that day, it was on paper grounds for worry. But when we got the team playing, with the right personnel, in the right way, we moved quickly up the league - three 3 nil on the bounce as I recall. There is time.

There definitely is time. And I’m usually very positive about the team and manager. But there has been so much to dislike about the summer so far and Thursday crystallised that in my mind. And we still haven’t made a signing of any real significance.

That said, I’ll get right behind the team. I don’t see the point in doing anything else.

3 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I remember it well. We were on a one way ticket to bottom of the league. Cant remember any promise.

0-1 up from a 1st half Right header. The Fish breaks through 1 on 1 with the keeper and I expected him, as he had done countless times before, to "find his brother in the stand". I can still remember that surreal moment when I realised he had scored. Eremenko added a third and we never looked back. Won about 6 games back to back after that. Absolutely never saw it coming.

That first home game we were very lively.

Just looking back, we actually won 2 of the first 4...