Addio Alessio

the doomed

7 hours ago, CYRILLRIP said:

Agree with that. I think he did want to make changes early doors though. In the pre season bounce game and the 2 games against CQN, there was emphasis on Dicker dropping back to between the centre backs,  sometimes even behind them, the centre backs splitting and encouraged to move forward and the full backs wide and high. In theory that should increase the passing options and give us more numbers in the middle of the pitch. That was gone on Sunday and set up was just like last season. He may try to change back in time if he can recruit the type of players he wants. I suspect that he might not see Dicker as ideal for that type of role and that's why he brought El Makrini in.

I would be interested to know how the change back to last year's style came about. Hopefully it was mostly down to AA, but even if it wasn't then I think it's good if he's taken consideration of the views of players or AD.

Dicker played between the centre backs for most of the game on Sunday when we had possession, think the difference was the full backs didn't position themselves as far forward.

7 minutes ago, PillieKie said:

Dicker played between the centre backs for most of the game on Sunday when we had possession, think the difference was the full backs didn't position themselves as far forward.

I noticed this too. Think that could work really winger with Millar to aim for in the break too. 

Team set up on Sat was a flat back four with Dicker sitting in front of the back four and El Makrini and Power on the left and right of Dicker. Brophy was on his own up front and Rory and Burke on the wings.  This allowed us to have 5 in midfield when defending and stopped Rangers playing through the lines as they were staggered. The problem was the transition when going forward. Not sure how we’ll play with more forward players as the system on Sat doesn’t suit 2 players up front. 

Edited by MarkyMark

38 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Team set up on Sat was a flat back four with Dicker sitting in front of the back four and El Makrini and Power on the left and right of Dicker. Brophy was on his own up front and Rory and Burke on the wings.  This allowed us to have 5 in midfield when defending and stopped Rangers playing through the lines as they were staggered. The problem was the transition when going forward. Not sure how we’ll play with more forward players as the system on Sat doesn’t suit 2 players up front. 

I havent watched it back but in the second half when we played our better stuff I felt Power had dropped back alongside Dicker and El Makrini then Kiltie played in front of them making the effort to get closer to Brophy. More of a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1

El Makrini definitely played further forward in the second half. I'd need to check if Power did the same. He was pretty advanced at times. 

One major difference from SC's tactics was the attempt by our defenders to play balls through the opposition midfield lines on the ground. Ball wasn't in the air much at all.  

No goals from open play in any games since SSC left takes a striker off against 10 men HAMILTON! Clear no plan B. Plan A hopeless in the first place time to go shocking if we don’t take action now. Completely different Kilmarnock first defeat against accies since January 2016 shocking no excuses. 

6 minutes ago, Blair K said:

No goals from open play in any games since SSC left takes a striker off against 10 men HAMILTON! Clear no plan B. Plan A hopeless in the first place time to go shocking if we don’t take action now. Completely different Kilmarnock first defeat against accies since January 2016 shocking no excuses. 

Calm down! Brophy was hopeless and deserved to be hooked 

8 minutes ago, Blair K said:

What would you have done?

9 minutes ago, Blair K said:

Why was that bint Robertson allowed free reign during yhe interview process,time for answers BB.

Edited by Riverplatekillie

7 minutes ago, Blair K said:

Did you actually watch Brophy? absolutely awful, out of position, overhead kick when a lay off to a forward facing player was on, free kick straight into wall, he was right to hook him, we had so many chances that a decent striker would have had four today, lets hope AA goes out and gets one this week.

Did anybody else think it was odd that McKenzie used an interview last week to praise.....Steve Clarke?!

I know the usual defence of the press feeding players leading questions but Rory is - or should be, as would-be lawyer - cute enough to know how to respond. 

Interesting too to see SC referred to as "the Scotsman"….

Rory McKenzie is confident Kilmarnock will rediscover the form that has seen them finish in the top five for the past two seasons - despite a rocky start to the Angelo Alessio era.

The 25-year-old admits it hasn’t been easy after the disappointment of being knocked out of Europe by Welsh minnows Connah's Quay Nomads but insists an improved performance against Rangers is evidence that the hard work is paying off.

It's no secret the Kilmarnock club face a daunting task in attempting to repeat the feats of last year following the departure of Steve Clarke .

The ex-Chelsea assistant and West Brom manager, who inherited a side that had become more accustomed to battling for survival than challenging for European football, steered Killie to fifth in the league in his first season before achieving a remarkable third place finish last year.

But McKenzie said: "Going out of Europe so early on was difficult for us all and especially the new manager. But since then we have been working hard and our performance on Sunday against Rangers shows the improvements we have made.

"The last two seasons were incredible and finishing third was an amazing achievement. But this year will be a whole new challenge as the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen have spent money during the summer to improve their squads."

Speaking of the difference Clarke made, the striker turned midfielder paid tribute to an improved training regime and a different mindset that the Scotsman implemented.

“He installed a winning mentality into the players," he said. "Right from the off he came in and results turned in our favour and winning breeds confidence.

"We went into every game last year thinking we were going to win and for a few months almost knowing we were going to beat the teams below us. It is something I’ve never felt before.

“The training was much more professional. He was regimented in the way we played, and we worked on it relentlessly throughout the week. Everyone knew their jobs and I think that helped as the season went on as anyone in the squad was ready to slot in if there were injuries.”

Despite the loss of Clarke, 25-year-old McKenzie believes there is no reason why the team can’t carry the momentum of last season forward and once again challenge for European football under Alessio.

He said: “We have the same group of players and we’re working hard with the new manager so there’s no reason why we can’t kick on.

The biggest issue will be dealing with the expectation placed upon us now. People will be waiting for us to show a dip in form and it’s up to the players to maintain the same level of consistency we showed we’re capable of.

“I’m hoping for a successful and enjoyable season. A cup run would be nice as well for the players and the fans to have as I feel that would have been the icing on the cake last year if we could have reached a final at Hampden."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rory-mckenzie-confident-kilmarnock-can-18876682

Edited by skygod

Kilmarnock manager Angelo Alessio: "I'm very angry, very disappointed with the result. We conceded two stupid goals. We create some opportunities but we could stay here two days and not score a goal."I hope in the next few days we take some players because this team needs other players. We have to complete this team. I am happy with the players I have, but in some roles we don't have a solution."

Honest assessment. At least no clichés... Gary Locke... Need to work harder. We badly need players

Edited by kfc_superteam

7 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Kilmarnock manager Angelo Alessio: "I'm very angry, very disappointed with the result. We conceded two stupid goals. We create some opportunities but we could stay here two days and not score a goal."I hope in the next few days we take some players because this team needs other players. We have to complete this team. I am happy with the players I have, but in some roles we don't have a solution."

Honest assessment. At least no clichés... Gary Locke... Need to work harder. We badly need players

Pretty much sums us up today. 

1 hour ago, dasboag said:

What would you have done?

Hooked a defender and stuck on an extra man up front within two minutes of them going down to 10 men.

I thought after watching the 2nd half against  Rankers I'd been a bit hasty but after being at today's game it seems to me the players just wont play for him. It is hard to see him lasting to October. The fans will be screaming for blood.

1 hour ago, Blair K said:

We've scored at least two goals from open play since SSC left. 

2 hours ago, Blair K said:

I agree but the board won't take action as he has a 3 year contract. Not going to buy him out of that 

35 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Hooked a defender and stuck on an extra man up front within two minutes of them going down to 10 men.

I thought after watching the 2nd half against  Rankers I'd been a bit hasty but after being at today's game it seems to me the players just wont play for him. It is hard to see him lasting to October. The fans will be screaming for blood.

Who’s the extra man you would have put on up front?

Brophy was never going to effective with the high balls getting swung in. We pretty much controlled the game passing it on the deck then put crosses in head height. We didnt play badly today overall, we were just ineffective around the box. Hamilton had two chances and took them. 

We had a ridiculous number of corners and made none of them count. We need a big strike partner for brophy if we are going to put in balls like that, or play the ball on deck and brophy will be more effective. 

It was just one of those days. We go again next week.

39 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

And your answer is? Apart from extremely negative views about professional players.