Addio Alessio

the doomed

9 hours ago, fraz65 said:

His delay and indecision at the Livingston corner in the first few minutes should have resulted in a goal. 

From what I've seen though, he's much better than Jamie. 

Macdonald's big weakness was when teams put the ball in on top of him. He often flapped at crosses and high balls. He is a very good shot stopper.

Branescu, to me, looks no better than Macdonald at cross balls - yesterday wasn't the first time he's struggled, and since he is significantly taller than Jamie he has no excuse. He is also a very good shot stopper.

His kicking remains appalling. When it doesn't go straight out of the pitch it's high up to Brophy, who is marked by a centre back half a foot taller. Considering how comfortable our defenders are on the ball, I'm not sure why we go long so often. Perhaps to try and win second balls, but who knows.

1 minute ago, Garvis said:

I was one of the bed wetters but put my hands up and admitted my mistake on here and am absolutely loving what AA is doing with the team. 

I was one of the more reserved at the beginning of the season, and now feel completely vindicated...

...unfortunately I only delayed my "massive heids gone" of the season for the signing of Osman Sow, and the inclusion of a winking emoji from one of our board members...

Angelo Alessio reckons learning English is hard enough – let alone understanding the broad Ayrshire accent.

But despite the language challenges he has faced since moving to Kilmarnock from Italy, he has been working as hard as he can to improve.

The Kilmarnock boss has been taking English lessons during midweeks in between his match preparations for the games ahead.

The gaffer also admits that he has been watching TV with English subtitles to aid his improvement.

Alessio said: “I have English lessons during the week. It’s important for me to improve it.

“It’s difficult, sometimes it’s hard to understand the Scottish accent!

“But I want to improve on it, it’s important to communicate to the players, staff and the media.

“Every day my English is getting better, sometimes when someone speaks very fast Massimo [Donati, assistant coach] can help me with translation.

“I want to speak English, but it’s a lot better.”

Alessio, who is preparing his squad for Saturday's Premiership visit of St Mirren, added: “I watch TV every day, I don’t have Italian TV channels.

“I watch all kinds of programmes, the news, documentaries and films.

“I have English subtitles to help me, so it all helps.

“It’s important to communicate with the players, especially at half-time when there isn’t much time.

“I think that we have a good relationship, but we have to work on it for sure.”

Listening to his interview on killie tv after the game, and got to say I love how unhappy he seemed to me. Unhappy that we hadn’t done better in an attacking sense, and the performance wasn’t what he wanted. His English has obviously been improving and so happy he is showing up the xenophobic media. A good Jan transfer window, the Edinburgh teams continuing to be s**t and Aberdeen. Being inconsistent, 3rd place is up for grabs. 

On 10/25/2019 at 8:37 PM, Garvis said:

I was one of the bed wetters but put my hands up and admitted my mistake on here and am absolutely loving what AA is doing with the team. 

I'm a permanent bed wetter. 

Luckily, with Angelo in charge, I always wake up with a clean sheet. 

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Did I imagine the coaching staff bumping chests and hugging yesterday? Surely that’s not possible if AD is being sidelined and moved out the door. 

Angelo was heading down the touchline when the third went in .... before regaining his composure.

Admittedly he may just have been showing Fanny MacPhee the way out.