Addio Alessio

the doomed

2 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I agree with a lot of this but not the signings. He 100% can sign guys of Stewart (Championship loan) and Jones (job centre) quality.

AND the budget is bigger this year on top of fact that several big earners are gone.

This is fair - what I meant was that he's not likely to be so lucky as to get guys that good. Odds are you get a McAleny rather than a Stewart... 

6 minutes ago, killieblues said:

Did I miss something last season?! Hardly a key player.

Only won man of the match on here 3 out of the last 10 or so matches and on a couple of occasions as sponsors man of the match. He played a huge amount of games as well. Don’t like him, fine, but to say he wasn’t a crucial player in our success last season is disrespectful to the work he put in.

Just now, mitch14 said:

This is fair - what I meant was that he's not likely to be so lucky as to get guys that good. Odds are you get a McAleny rather than a Stewart... 

Definitely.

But AA - in theory - has a wide range of contacts to exploit.

3 minutes ago, Nimbledance said:

Over his shoulder and well away from where it was to begin with? Pretty much what would be regarded as a decent clearance if his teammates had done their bit and pressured the loose ball. But you’re right, I’m the dafty. Silly me. 

I remember this one from McKenzie. It should have been back to the goalie or out the park. What he chose to do was ridiculously stupid and schoolboy stuff

Just now, Mojike and Bod said:

The laughable thing is we are still waiting on this clown to ‘approve’ Liam Miller coming back when he has Innes Cameron and Don Thomas on the bench. 

Did Thomas touch the ball? He and Kiltie were ready at the pen and then told to sit down when we were desperate for a goal. Cameron was begging for balls to be put up to attack but we kept pussy footing around. 

12 minutes ago, rm0199 said:

Only won man of the match on here 3 out of the last 10 or so matches and on a couple of occasions as sponsors man of the match. He played a huge amount of games as well. Don’t like him, fine, but to say he wasn’t a crucial player in our success last season is disrespectful to the work he put in.

So 3 games out of the season makes him a key player? I'm not dissing him; I just don't get the key player statement.

Edited by killieblues

2 minutes ago, killieblues said:

So 3 games out of the season makes him a key player? I'm not dissing him; I just don't get the key player statement.

That was a quick look through the last 10 games from last season. I didn’t need / want to go any further back. He may have won MOTM more times across the whole season - I didn’t look. He was a crucial player and the fact Steve Clarke continued to play him said so. No more evidence is needed in my opinion.

Edited by rm0199

2 minutes ago, rm0199 said:

That was a quick look through the last 10 games from last season. I didn’t need / want to go any further back. He was a crucial player and the fact Steve Clarke continued to play him said so. No more evidence is needed in my opinion.

I get your response with the original post that it related to. I don't think singling Rory out as "what he has to deal with" is right. What I'm saying is that I don't think he was the most influential player. I also don't think we can judge the manager just yet either. Binning him would be foolish, and costly. What's past is past for Europe. We made some money. Time to move onto the league. Hopefully we will get some new recruits in, and start the "proper" season with a bang.

1 minute ago, killieblues said:

I get your response with the original post that it related to. I don't think singling Rory out as "what he has to deal with" is right. What I'm saying is that I don't think he was the most influential player. I also don't think we can judge the manager just yet either. Binning him would be foolish, and costly. What's past is past for Europe. We made some money. Time to move onto the league. Hopefully we will get some new recruits in, and start the "proper" season with a bang.

To clarify, I never singled Rory out - someone else did and I responded with my opinions on it. I agree he wasn’t the most influential player overall and I think the stats will back you / us up on that. But he was still very important - and I think you can be that without being the most influential overall.

McKenzie had a good run over the last 3 months of last season. However it took SC 18months to get that out of him ... he should have been punted long ago.

He was lucky only to get booked it was a shocking challenge made in an attempt to recover his own mistake. In the lead up to the goal he tried to make a challenge and ended up running straight past the guy, giving him a free run up the park, chased after him and fell on his arse ... a couple of minutes later the same thing happened where he ran past the guy he was trying to tackle only this time he managed to stay on his feet and catch him.

2 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Players haven't taken to him and really don't like the way he acts.

Don't like the treatment of Dyer and BT. 

Dyer wont last till Christmas, doubt AA will either tho.

If the club was going to gamble on an inexperienced manager like they have before then I thought Alex Dyer was worth a go as he was part of the Steve Clarke revolution and the transfer of power could have been seamless and the team better prepared for our first foray into Europe in 20 years and Europe we didn’t make it out of the UK we could have played them in the cup Ross County won last year. The board should hang their head in shame for lying to us again and refund the season ticket of anyone who asks for it .

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

How many season ticket holders have we just lost because of that muck of a performance?  

I understand why you ask the question but it’s never really something I’ve understood. 

I believe I can speak for a large portion of season ticket holders when I say results like that do not affect our decision making on buying a season ticket. I’ve watched it all over the years and no matter how we play, who we play or where we’re playing I’m a loyal fan who wants to go to the games. Put us in league 2 in ten years my sentiment will be the same, still sitting on my seat and enjoying(or trying to) my Saturday afternoons at Rugby Park. 

Dreadful tonight there is no escaping that but I’ll still be there and so should most. 

Loyalty outlasts glory. KTID

18 minutes ago, Samoktid said:

I understand why you ask the question but it’s never really something I’ve understood. 

I believe I can speak for a large portion of season ticket holders when I say results like that do not affect our decision making on buying a season ticket. I’ve watched it all over the years and no matter how we play, who we play or where we’re playing I’m a loyal fan who wants to go to the games. Put us in league 2 in ten years my sentiment will be the same, still sitting on my seat and enjoying(or trying to) my Saturday afternoons at Rugby Park. 

Dreadful tonight there is no escaping that but I’ll still be there and so should most. 

Loyalty outlasts glory. KTID

Exactly this. 

A dreadful result but Alessio deserves to be given a chance.

I thought that his appointment was a bizarre one at the time but I have no idea what other options the board had, beyond the usual Scottish journeymen. 

It's his first job in a new country and he'll need a few months to get his ideas across. To make a judgement on him after two games is unfair and resembles the July panic that we witness on here every year. 

Honestly some folk on this need to get real. We all know how bad a result this is. AA will know as well he's not daft fs. Calling for his head after one game is ridiculous. Anyone doing so should get there IQ tested to make sure they aren't mentally retarded. Genuinely get a grip.

Thomas never got near the team under SSC and with some justification: he's a third tier player at best. Having cheeky "patter" shouldn't qualify a player for first team action. The management failed to strengthen the attack, something that was glaringly obvious since before the end of last season when we knew the loans would go back and Boyd would retire.

"Not signing players for the sake of it" sounded reasonably sensible but with such an important and lucrative tie at the start of the season, a reasonable risk should have been taken to address this deficiency in the team 

3 hours ago, chubbs said:

McKenzie had a good run over the last 3 months of last season. However it took SC 18months to get that out of him ... he should have been punted long ago.

He was lucky only to get booked it was a shocking challenge made in an attempt to recover his own mistake. In the lead up to the goal he tried to make a challenge and ended up running straight past the guy, giving him a free run up the park, chased after him and fell on his arse ... a couple of minutes later the same thing happened where he ran past the guy he was trying to tackle only this time he managed to stay on his feet and catch him.

McKenzie has played regularly under AJ, GL, Lee Clark, Lee McCulloch, Steve Clarke and now Alessio. They can't all be wrong. He was one of the few I would have given pass marks to last night.