Pitch

Killie wanderer

Far too wet. There was still water spraying up after the warm up it didn’t need further water pre match. Then again at half time. Players were slipping too often. I’m probably wrong but with the way some of the tackles were going in it was making it dangerous as well

5 minutes ago, FTAD said:

In training the pitch looked to be running far far too fast. In competition the pitch ran far too slow. Felt like it needed watered and then once it had the entire Firth of Clyde tipped on it it looked too heavy. Hey ho.

Why didn’t the groundstaff ensure that they got the pitch watering correct? Seems like basic stuff surely. 

I hope it’s just teething problems getting used to the new surface and setting it up to suit us over our opponents.

Saying that I couldn’t understand why the pitch was watered again at half time when it was clearly not suiting us and too many players falling/slipping on the surface with the amount of standing water. IMO it needed the groundstaff out brushing water off the pitch rather than putting more onto it at half time.