Starstruck

FTAD

Alessio's CV landed on the desk and Bowie (at al.) were starstruck.

The judgement of those who made the appointment shouldn't be ignored on account of previous successes. Similarly it shouldn't be held against what has been a progressive and positive board. However, the above still rings true in my eyes. Those and such fell in love with the CV and the A-List names on it.

8 hours ago, FTAD said:

Alessio's CV landed on the desk and Bowie (at al.) were starstruck.

The judgement of those who made the appointment shouldn't be ignored on account of previous successes. Similarly it shouldn't be held against what has been a progressive and positive board. However, the above still rings true in my eyes. Those and such fell in love with the CV and the A-List names on it.

The problem is when 60 or so CV's arrive on your desk and you've been lucky in picking an absolute gem the last time you tend to think it's an easy job to do the same again. Some candidates can be ruled out straight away and others may or may not do the job but it's guesswork. Owen Coyle had a good profile when he arrived at Ross County at a similar time to SC and he bombed. The problem is once you have made your decision you can't turn back time if its the wrong one and make another pick to rectify things because by that time it's too late and the damage is done.

Although it's early days it will now be an uphill struggle to redress this particular result and both time and money are against us. Don't feel its all doom and gloom although it does feel like that this morning and probably will for a good few days to come.

These guys, i.e. all the Management and playing staff need to have a good look in the mirror and come to an acceptance of the current situation and realise that they have to pull together for the good of the club and that their individual gripes are secondary to the good of Kilmarnock Football Club. If they don't feel able to do so for any reason then move on but performances like last nights ain't good for the Club or the Community and I for one do not want to be back amongst the also rans.

Edited by tanerba'Tam

I love Alex Dyer, but I’m not sure I’d have picked a new manager based on them having worked with him before. I get he’s popular with the squad, so were Jig and Locke with previous squads, but what is it that he brings that makes him invaluable? Looking from the outside, it looks less apparent that they’re convinced by his contribution. 

28 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

If so then he would've been my choice. I wanted Clement, Rowett or Moore. Moore in particular had worked with Dyer. Made sense.

I’m not aware that Moore has ever worked with Dyer.

Are you thinking of Chris Powell? 

Either of them would have been less risky choices. 

It will be interesting to see how Moore gets on at Doncaster, a similar level club to Killie. 

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

A lot of things being said that weren’t before that embarrassing game.Rhyl last minute winner papered over the cracks of what has been a frustrating and difficult summer. 

have a day off and come back the morra once you've had a timeout on the naughty story step

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

It will be interesting to see how Moore gets on at Doncaster, a similar level club to Killie. 

Thought both had worked with him before, just going by something i saw elsewhere

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

I love Alex Dyer, but I’m not sure I’d have picked a new manager based on them having worked with him before. I get he’s popular with the squad, so were Jig and Locke with previous squads, but what is it that he brings that makes him invaluable? Looking from the outside, it looks less apparent that they’re convinced by his contribution. 

He's worked with Clarke for many a year, would likely have the same vision for the team and know how to train them, set them up tactically etc. 

39 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

He's worked with Clarke for many a year, would likely have the same vision for the team and know how to train them, set them up tactically etc. 

I’d dispute that he worked with Clarke for “many a year”, especially within the manager/assistant manager dynamic. However being familiar with SC’s style and methods is only really a strength if he’s working with SC or going on his own as manager. It’s up to the manager to set his vision and his assistants to help implement it. 

13 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

A lot of things being said that weren’t before that embarrassing game.Rhyl last minute winner papered over the cracks of what has been a frustrating and difficult summer. 

What has been frustrating and difficult about it? Only this week, people were falling over themselves that del Piero had been talking Killie up in an interview, Liam Millar was returning, there were proposed loan deals from Man City and we had a manager who had worked with some of the best players in the world. 

It's OK to admit that you've changed your opinion but don't try and rewrite history. 

18 hours ago, skygod said:

Most English based managers would choose Doncaster Rovers (average home attendance 8,000) over Killie, so that likely would have ruled out Darren Moore

Simon Grayson took the Blackpool job, again a bigger club than Killie, albeit with a lot of recent problems. 

Moyes wasn't interested. 

That leaves Roberto di Matteo from the rumoured list of candidates and he always seemed very unlikely to me. 

I wonder what realistic options the board had beyond the usual suspects in Scotland?

Hope I'm totally wrong but............ the Huns will beat us easily on Aug 4th.......the forums will be red hot again........ only when we fail to pick up anything at Hamilton will it start to hit home........... we have a thread bare squad (-10 from end of last season) and have lost a 'once in a lifetime' manager who played a system which suited our squad of players......... I felt a niggling concern when BB stated that the main thing that made AA stand out in the interview process was his knowledge of the club ( 5mins on wiki would sort that!)....... as I said, REALLY hope I'm wrong but the signs are not good.

2 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Most English based managers would choose Doncaster Rovers (average home attendance 8,000) over Killie, so that likely would have ruled out Darren Moore

Why? Alessio had been appointed before there was even a vacancy at Doncaster. 

And is an 1,100 difference in average attendance that decisive a factor when weighing up things such as European football, trying to get out of League One against much bigger clubs etc?

2 hours ago, skygod said:

Why? Alessio had been appointed before there was even a vacancy at Doncaster. 

And is an 1,100 difference in average attendance that decisive a factor when weighing up things such as European football, trying to get out of League One against much bigger clubs etc?

I didn't realise the timeline. It's hard to keep abreast of English lower league managerial vacancies from Melbourne. 

On 7/19/2019 at 9:25 AM, Souleycouley93 said:

Changing horses in midstream. Take Thursday night out the equation, what’s been frustrating and difficult about the summer?