Stevie May

Just now, Skora11 said:

After leaving Dundee to go to Birmingham, Greg Stewart scores 3 times in 51 league matches. He didn’t turn out too bad for us ...

There was quite clearly a good player in there before, like Stewart maybe he could rediscover that form at Killie. The guy has been written off before he has even signed FFS!

We’d need a good manager a la Clarke to manage him -we don’t have that.

may was hardly 1st choice at sheep he would deffo do a job for us 

physically strong athletic player we need  

thats what beats us when sheep play us not skill or performance just brute strength

half our team were rank 2-3 years ago players need change to recharge careers 

could be the making of may 

11 hours ago, piffer said:

My first instinct was not for me. On further thought I wonder about the McInnes effect. He cocked up Stewart is he having the same influence on May. I do think there is better out there. I wouldn’t loan from Aberdeen either. 

Similar thoughts. Also the target man/shoulder to play off that Brophy so desperately needs. 

Initial thought was "ohh no", but there may be some sense in it. 

11 hours ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

Regarding May, we've seen what happened with Stewart at Aberdeen twice. That place is a succubus for attackers. He will be pleased to come to us and he's a better bet than we have at present to play with Brophy.

Folk have an obsession with McInnes on here. Yes he has misused Stewart twice, and he has other failings such as a tendency to bottle it against the old firm,  but when you look at his league finishes, cup win and European football record hes doing something right. 

The idea May isn't cutting it there cos of McInnes rather than cos hes pish is just nonsense. I thought Cosgrove looked terrible when I first clapped eyes on him and now he cant stop scoring. I suppose that's despite Mcinnes rather than because of him?

For me, this guy is laughably bad and should be nowhere near us. 

10 hours ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

I am in Aberdeen and have had to endure joke comments for weeks now about why don't Killie sign May.

He runs about like a headless chicken. Plenty of work rate but no end product.

Please....NO...May needs to go back to his home town team of St Johnstone. He isn't going to improve Killie..honest.

That'll be the same Aberdeen fans who said Greg Stewart was s**te. Twice. 

Did OK for us though

35 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Folk have an obsession with McInnes on here. Yes he has misused Stewart twice, and he has other failings such as a tendency to bottle it against the old firm,  but when you look at his league finishes, cup win and European football record hes doing something right. 

The idea May isn't cutting it there cos of McInnes rather than cos hes pish is just nonsense. I thought Cosgrove looked terrible when I first clapped eyes on him and now he cant stop scoring. I suppose that's despite Mcinnes rather than because of him?

For me, this guy is laughably bad and should be nowhere near us. 

For the (comparatively) astronomical budget he has, his team’s football and conduct is lamentable. 

6 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

I’d take a chance on him but definitely want Liam Miller back 

I think a three of Miller, Brophy and May would have a bit of everything.

May is not the player he was but from the times I’ve seen him I think there is more to be got from him.

Edited by NorfolkG