Cardiff bid for Brophy

kfc_superteam

Cardiff City are weighing up a £1million bid for Kilmarnock striker Eamonn Brophy.

The 23-year old Scotland international has been identified by Neil Warnock as a player who can make an impact on the Championship this season.

Kilmarnock will listen to offers for the attacker, who joined the club from Hamilton Academical in 2013.

The club are still reeling from last week's humiliating Europa League defeat to Welsh part-timers Connah's Quay Nomads.

Brophy scored 12 goals in 33 games last season before being called up to play for Scotland in their 2-1 win over Cyprus last month.

To date, he has played 67 games and scored 21 goals for Kilmarnock during five years at the club. 

Brilliant. Let's try and replace him, as well as finding the other striker or two we're already in the market for. That'll be easy peasy. We might be worse off but at least we'll have a million pounds in the bank. 

Come on, unless we're up s**t creek financially then there's absolutely no need for us to sell at that price. Cardiff and just about every club in the English game chuck about money as if its going out of fashion but we're prepared to let Cardiff take our only striker for peanuts. 

No thanks. 

8 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Decent offer and he'll be away. I know that he wanted to go to Leeds when they were in discussions. 

We always knew this was coming. The bids are going to come late. 

Just hope there are replacements identified. 

English window closes before the Scottish window does it not? Ideally we’d have someone in place but we will still have time to replace him

31 minutes ago, piffer said:

English window closes before the Scottish window does it not? Ideally we’d have someone in place but we will still have time to replace him

Yeah, it's just going to a bit like last season I think where the first few games are almost a write off without a full squad. 

I'm confident we can get good signings in, just gearing up for some timing frustration. 

Over the past month or so been regular stories in the press saying bids had been made for a number of our players , even in some cases making out deals were "close" to getting agreed  ..........wonder in this case if journalist asked our club to know we would "listen to offers" or made that up too

.one of these "stories" may come true at some point .......

4 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Sell him. His penalties scare the bejesus out of me. He’s been very lucky with them so far. It’s a good profit for a player that cost nothing. 

You have to be joking? His penalties are terrific. And he’s taken some vital ones.

I think he is a better player than coulibally but I think that type of deal was a one off. In pure business  terms we should negotiate and take a reasonable value, £1.2 to £1.5 m. He has plateaued for me. I was very surprised he got a Scotland start but this helps his brand value. Whatever we think of brophy, AA style of play is unlikely to suit him. He’s not great at holding the ball up and link8ng others. He’s a lone wolf. Good to bring on if chasing a game or when when adopting a defend from the front approach away at Celtic park. But lacks the subtlety needed in the new way of playing. Strikes me as ambitious guy from little bits I hear. All in all, summer a good time to cash in. But only if we have a 2 or 3 strong replacements in in the next fortnight.