Friendlies

posh79

7 hours ago, piffer said:

Trying to introduce a new system more games is better IMO. Nomads played a specific game against Aberdeen to come up with a game plan. Did we have that thought?

Also the major flaw in the plan is everyone expected two games against Nomads and two games against Partizan. We been caught out. Organise another game or two and if you have to play kids then so be it but at least you have a plan b. 

Can see the benefit in all of that, but what it boils down to is one more game before Nomads and one before Rangers. In one form or another, I think there will be one before Rangers. 

The point I was making is that there's a big difference between 'preseason has been a shambles' and 'it night have been better to organise one more friendly'. 

I'm not writing the preseason off yet, although I am concerned. 

I think we will only be able to fairly assess it once the season starts. 

What we don't know is what the club are working on and what they are planning for. It may be, for example, that they are awaiting the Brophy money before choosing between cheaper and more expensive signings. There might be very good reasons why the signings are coming later. (appreciate that there might not, also!) 

Not being a happy clapper though, more an optimist. I have my doubts as to what is happening. Just wary of adding to the negativity without all the facts. I'll barrel in as annoyed as everyone of they really have messed it all up. 

10 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Take matters into our own hands? 

Killie v Killiefc forum XI? 

Probably not a good idea! - I played in the last one, which ended up in humiliating 3-3 draw. I scored the first for the fans. 

The above doesn't add anything to the thread, I just wanted to point out, for the umpteenth time, that I scored a goal against a Killie 11 xD

On topic, I agree that we were expecting breeze through to the Partizan tie and if the manager is 'trying new things' then the team NEED games to get things right and The Rangers FC match, with 3 points at stake, is not the place to be trialing them. To be honest CQN wasn't the team to be doing it against either, as they are atypical of the standard we'll be playing against - apart from Accies 9_9

Edited by Dieselfeet

11 hours ago, Dieselfeet said:

Probably not a good idea! - I played in the last one, which ended up in humiliating 3-3 draw. I scored the first for the fans. 

The above doesn't add anything to the thread, I just wanted to point out, for the umpteenth time, that I scored a goal against a Killie 11 xD

On topic, I agree that we were expecting breeze through to the Partizan tie and if the manager is 'trying new things' then the team NEED games to get things right and The Rangers FC match, with 3 points at stake, is not the place to be trialing them. To be honest CQN wasn't the team to be doing it against either, as they are atypical of the standard we'll be playing against - apart from Accies 9_9

I look forward to losing our first game at New Douglas in years now.

hopefully get some answers today

but possibly from the interview replies will lead to more concerns as AA may put forward his idea that training sessions and setting up mini games between the players is all they need to be ready for the actual competitive games................

10 hours ago, badbluetux1017 said:

I look forward to losing our first game at New Douglas in years now.

I watched Hamilton play The Buffs last night, 5 first team players in the line up, didn't look that great apart from their big centre half Fjortoft Buffs won 2-0 in the end.

8 minutes ago, killieboy said:

I watched Hamilton play The Buffs last night, 5 first team players in the line up, didn't look that great apart from their big centre half Fjortoft Buffs won 2-0 in the end.

Saw videos of his time in America on youtube. Could be a decent signing for them. 

Just now, Dieter's Heeder said:

As already stated on this thread, the superpowers of the continent will play a gazillion friendlies, that's mostly to do with promoting their brand around the world though. Killie haven't got that appeal, sadly. 

Plus the fact they have 3/4 different starting 11’s.

24 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

As already stated on this thread, the superpowers of the continent will play a gazillion friendlies, that's mostly to do with promoting their brand around the world though. Killie haven't got that appeal, sadly. 

I wouldn't say Motherwell, Aberdeen or Hibs are super powers but they have had a hell of a lot more productive and organised pre season than we have.

They have actually played games for a start.

We've signed 3 players and 2 of them will go into the Huns game having not played 1 minute of football pre season.

Farce whatever way you dress it up.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I wouldn't say Motherwell, Aberdeen or Hibs are super powers but they have had a hell of a lot more productive and organised pre season than we have.

We've signed 3 players and 2 of them will go into the Huns game having not played 1 minute of football pre season.

Sorry? I quoted someone who was on about Liverpool.

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Who are the three? Goalie from Juventus and Dutch midfielder are the only two I can remember. 

Have I missed something exciting or have I just forgotten? 

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

Who are the three? Goalie from Juventus and Dutch midfielder are the only two I can remember. 

Have I missed something exciting or have I just forgotten? 

I hadn’t counted Bruce. I was just thinking about brand new players but I suppose we should take the positives where we can get them. 

1 hour ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Sorry? I quoted someone who was on about Liverpool.

yes and you insinuated teams only play friendlies when it makes them money.

Somebody said same the other day about the old firm.

Might be true in some cases but these clubs (and the ones I mentioned) play pre season games so they can hit the ground running.

We usually start the season in reverse.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Might be true in some cases but these clubs (and the ones I mentioned) play pre season games so they can hit the ground running.

Fair enough. It's reasonable to compare our pre season to Hibs, Motherwell etc. It's a bit more difficult with Liverpool etc as their pre season is focused from a business sense as much as preperation - that's all I was getting at. 

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This.